Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Leadership problems?

I'm beginning to think that not restructuring woodson's contract and letting driver retire may not have been a good idea. I think we beat ourselves in both loses.. With that added veteran leadership we are 3-0 instead of 1-2... I love tt but at a certain point we gotta just go after it. We have the talent. Mental mistakes are killing us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4favre4 View Post
    I'm beginning to think that not restructuring woodson's contract and letting driver retire may not have been a good idea. I think we beat ourselves in both loses.. With that added veteran leadership we are 3-0 instead of 1-2... I love tt but at a certain point we gotta just go after it. We have the talent. Mental mistakes are killing us.
    Driver was toast. He couldn't do it on the field.

I'd take Woodson back for whatever he's getting paid now in a heart beat though. I miss him.
    [QUOTE=det32;28757687]assuming you where going to say something about me being "harsh" or "hatting" on Wilson.. i hate to brake it to you but he is a "borderline starter" at best.. my 20th- 25th QB.. that's not hating that's just being real.. /QUOTE]

vCash
    It's not a leadership problem. There are two problems with the Packers:

Play calling and in-game adjustments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    It's not a leadership problem. There are two problems with the Packers:

Play calling and in-game adjustments.
    Better known as execution.
    [QUOTE=det32;28757687]assuming you where going to say something about me being "harsh" or "hatting" on Wilson.. i hate to brake it to you but he is a "borderline starter" at best.. my 20th- 25th QB.. that's not hating that's just being real.. /QUOTE]

vCash
    I don't see what Driver or Woodson would have done to change the outcome of either of those games we lost. And the only reason Woodson would help right now is because we're so thin in the secondary at the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    I don't see what Driver or Woodson would have done to change the outcome of either of those games we lost. And the only reason Woodson would help right now is because we're so thin in the secondary at the moment.
    I think there could have been a benefit to Woodson. He's at least going to know his assignment. Going to make the right adjustments back there. Something our safeties haven't been someone we could rely on in that regard overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I think there could have been a benefit to Woodson. He's at least going to know his assignment. Going to make the right adjustments back there. Something our safeties haven't been someone we could rely on in that regard overall.
    If Morgan Burnett and Casey Hayward were healthy and playing, would you be giving any thought at all to missing Woodson? I doubt it.

IN the current circumstances, yes, he'd be a big help. But lets take a look around at what were missing with all the injuries- we're young and inexperienced up front on the OL, we sure could use a veteran presence there. Thats a void thats been created only by injuries. We're young and inexperienced at RB, too. Steven Jackson would be killer right now... oh wait.

vCash
    If Morgan Burnett and Casey Hayward were healthy and playing, would you be giving any thought at all to missing Woodson? I doubt it.

IN the current circumstances, yes, he'd be a big help. But lets take a look around at what were missing with all the injuries- we're young and inexperienced up front on the OL, we sure could use a veteran presence there. Thats a void thats been created only by injuries. We're young and inexperienced at RB, too. Steven Jackson would be killer right now... oh wait.
    "I don't see what Driver or Woodson would have done to change the outcome of either of those games we lost."

Were Hayward and Burnett playing?

So how do those arguments go together?

Sure, if they were playing. They weren't. He could have helped.

Steven Jackson is out until week 7........

vCash
    I'm a firm believer in locker room leadership goes a long way. Every year we start out slow because every year we are so young. I'm just saying not for on field reasons but leadership reasons maybe we should keep a few old guys around. Our lack of execution has a lot to do with lack of experience.. Lack of on feild guidiness. Think of 2010 when we started bad.. I believe it was Woodson who called the locker room meeting and turned the season around. Who is gonna do that? Who has the experience and respect that he had?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4favre4 View Post
    I'm a firm believer in locker room leadership goes a long way. Every year we start out slow because every year we are so young. I'm just saying not for on field reasons but leadership reasons maybe we should keep a few old guys around. Our lack of execution has a lot to do with lack of experience.. Lack of on feild guidiness. Think of 2010 when we started bad.. I believe it was Woodson who called the locker room meeting and turned the season around. Who is gonna do that? Who has the experience and respect that he had?
    Well since- according to the "experts," anyway- deep down nobody really likes Rodgers, he's out. So who's left?

Matthews- he's a pretty boy from southern cal, plus he's still too young. Plus, he's rumored to be taking steroids and he hits QB's late, anyway. He's definitely not an option.

Raji- He hasn't really done anything since 2010, so nobody will listen to him.

Pickett- He's just an under the radar old fart, so he clearly can't do it.

James Jones- He used to drop a lot of balls. He caused an interception in this weekend's game. Plus, he's just a mediocre dude riding AR's coat tails.

Tramon Williams- Well lets go ahead and scratch him off the list since he sucks anymore.

Sitton- Well, wait a minute, thats not a good idea. Once heralded as maybe the best guard in football... Whats he done lately?

AJ Hawk- hahahahahaha yeah, right...

Guess we're just screwed then, eh?

vCash
    Woodson would still be the best leader if he was on this roster today...

vCash
    I've got an idea, but its a crazy one. But just go there with me.

Rodgers needs to quit holding the ball so long and just make the damn throw.

James Jones needs to not quit on routes and let the damn defender make the catch he's supposed to.

Perry needs to get a clue and figure out how to do something besides bull rush people.

Tramon Williams needs to stop being a p****.

The safeties need stop effing up, and figure out what their assignment actually is.

Finley needs to catch balls that him in the hands, instead of flipping it to the defender.

Matthews needs to be more consistent.

The guys on the OL and DL need to beat the guy thats across from them.

The bottom line is that its not rocket science and it doesn't take some emotion filled speech from a "team leader" for these guys to know what they have to do. They're professionals, and they've all been doing it a long time. Just stop effing up. Its that simple. I'll tell you what was a good leadership move though, and that was TT cutting Ross. And I tell you what else would be nice to see, and thats MM actually having a response to guys when they screw up. AR questioning his playcalling was the first time I've ever really seen him get pissed at somebody. Notice how Rodgers played a lot better the next drive?

vCash
    I've got an idea, but its a crazy one. But just go there with me.

Rodgers needs to quit holding the ball so long and just make the damn throw.

James Jones needs to not quit on routes and let the damn defender make the catch he's supposed to.

Perry needs to get a clue and figure out how to do something besides bull rush people.

Tramon Williams needs to stop being a p****.

The safeties need stop effing up, and figure out what their assignment actually is.

Finley needs to catch balls that him in the hands, instead of flipping it to the defender.

Matthews needs to be more consistent.

The guys on the OL and DL need to beat the guy thats across from them.

The bottom line is that its not rocket science and it doesn't take some emotion filled speech from a "team leader" for these guys to know what they have to do. They're professionals, and they've all been doing it a long time. Just stop effing up. Its that simple. I'll tell you what was a good leadership move though, and that was TT cutting Ross. And I tell you what else would be nice to see, and thats MM actually having a response to guys when they screw up. AR questioning his playcalling was the first time I've ever really seen him get pissed at somebody. Notice how Rodgers played a lot better the next drive?

I don't have any issue with any of this, it's pretty spot on.

But to ignore leadership I think is a bit foolish. Players are the robot characters from the video games. They have emotional highs and lows. Sometimes certain veteran players with experience can help harness and keep those things in check and direct them correctly.

I just can't deny that exists nor it's affects.

vCash
    i still dont think we have any major issues on our team. we held the lead in the 4th quarter in both games we lost, against two of the better teams in the league in their stadium.

we made mistakes down the stretch in both games. and we lost. get over it. stop jumping off bridges and assuming there are all these major issues when there arent.
    the packers have so much talent...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    i still dont think we have any major issues on our team. we held the lead in the 4th quarter in both games we lost, against two of the better teams in the league in their stadium.
    Thank you for being one of the smart ones.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast