Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Knicks add Cole Aldrich to camp

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman 20s
    #Knicks have added former Kansas star Cole Aldrich to camp roster.
    NEW YORK, September 23, 2013 -- New York Knickerbockers Executive Vice President and General Manager Glen Grunwald announced today that the team has signed center Cole Aldrich. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Aldrich, 6-11, 245-pounds, holds career averages of 2.0 points, on 54.-percent shooting, with 2.3 rebounds over 7.9 minutes in 89 games over three seasons with Oklahoma City, Houston and Sacramento. Last season, he averaged 2.2 points and 2.7 rebounds over 8.6 minutes in 45 games for the Rockets and Kings.

The Burnsville, MN native was originally selected by New Orleans in the first round (11th pick overall) of 2010 NBA Draft following his junior season at the University of Kansas, and then, had his draft rights traded to Oklahoma City. He was a member of the 2008 NCAA Championship team and finished his collegiate career with averages of 9.4 points and 7.7 rebounds.

vCash
    Nice depth signing

vCash
    Dude had a lot of hype when he was drafted. Hopefully between him and Tyler we find outselves a keeper. Young quality bigs are tough to find, and its something we need. These types of out-of-nowhere gem signings are what Grunny does best...
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Not sure Tyler is a lock to make this team... Missing preseason training camp is vital for a young, new player. Also, Leslie has a partially guaranteed contract for a reason...

vCash

Knicks add Cole Aldrich to camp

I like it for depth.. And Tyler and Leslie will be playing I'm the d league

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Didn't Tyler get signed for a legit roster spot and not just TC?
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    getting another big body for those 13,14,15 spots when guys like Bargs/Stat/Chandler/Kmart haven't played a full season in years is important

don't know how much upside the guy has anymore but I'll take it.
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

vCash
    We are pretty set in the backcourt. 3 Deep

Felton/Pablo/Beno
    Shump/JR/Hardaway

Bargs/Amar'e are guaranteed to miss games this season and Tyson always gets a cold and nagging neck/leg injuries. The more front court depth the better.

vCash
    6'11" with 6 fouls to give. Could do worse holding down the end of the bench. He does not, however, show any upside other than this.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

vCash
    What does this mean for Tyler?

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    I guess there are going to be few guys battling it out for those last few spots. It doesn't look like cj or Tyler is going to make the team. Not with murry and the rest of these bigs fighting for them spots. That's to bad because Jeramy looked like he could play in SL. I guess that's why we have a d- league team for. Lets just hope that atleast one or two of them can contribute some during the season. Murry looks promising .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Didn't Tyler get signed for a legit roster spot and not just TC?
    That is correct. Tyler is signed to two year contract. The 2nd year is partially guaranteed. The recent training cap invites do not affect him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seizabmc View Post
    I guess there are going to be few guys battling it out for those last few spots. It doesn't look like cj or Tyler is going to make the team. Not with murry and the rest of these bigs fighting for them spots. That's to bad because Jeramy looked like he could play in SL. I guess that's why we have a d- league team for. Lets just hope that atleast one or two of them can contribute some during the season. Murry looks promising .
    Murry is a PG/SG the 2 positions we are set at so I don't see him making the team, Jeremy was a lock until his injury but I see him on the team when he is ok to play, CJ has a partially guaranteed contract, Murry has the least possible chance to make the team and I wasn't impressed with his play, I was at the SL for 3 of the games....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick4Knack View Post
    That is correct. Tyler is signed to two year contract. The 2nd year is partially guaranteed. The recent training cap invites do not affect him.
    Thats what I thought, I am glad, I would much rather see him then Murry, Aldrich and Diogu, I think when he gets healthy he can actually contribute...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    Thats what I thought, I am glad, I would much rather see him then Murry, Aldrich and Diogu, I think when he gets healthy he can actually contribute...
    Agreed. Obviously the Knicks feel that he can be developed. He has a unique combination of speed and strength.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast