Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: o line issues

vCash

o line issues

What's the reason for our poor o line play? I thought its just because we have injuries and have subpar players, but after last night there were so many times that donk defenders were just simply unaccounted for, rather than our players just getting beat one on one. Is it more an issue with the players themselves not playing up to par, or is our o line coaching the problem?

After last night, I'm seriously questioning the o line coaching. I mean two donk defenders come in untouched when we're trying to punch it in from the 1 yard line. UNTOUCHED defenders at the 1!! how does that even happen!?!
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Nasty. For the love of the calluses on my right hand, we are on our 4th tackle. We have one guy who played the same position the year before. Last week the line was stellar and people were throwing tiny pickles at them screaming their names in joy. I am not worried about the line right now.

vCash
    The offensive line hasn't been the open wound i thought it would. Its still bad, but not AS bad as I expected. Pryor helps tremendously with that.

Hopefully we can see Watson, Veldeer and Wiz all together for a few games.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Nasty. For the love of the calluses on my right hand, we are on our 4th tackle. We have one guy who played the same position the year before. Last week the line was stellar and people were throwing tiny pickles at them screaming their names in joy. I am not worried about the line right now.
    What I'm saying is, beyond the players themselves getting beat, we simply weren't accounting for all their defenders. Every single run play we had defenders in the back field, and many times it wasn't because they got past their blocker, but because there simply was no blocker there.

So my question is, is this because our offensive line coach (Tony Sporano) not creating the correct blocking schemes for our players to follow, or is it because of our players not getting to where they are supposed to be?
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyru View Post
    The offensive line hasn't been the open wound i thought it would. Its still bad, but not AS bad as I expected. Pryor helps tremendously with that.

Hopefully we can see Watson, Veldeer and Wiz all together for a few games.
    I don't know man, I can honestly say last night was the worst o line play I've seen in a while. It was bad. We had our moments, gave pryor a nice pocket every now and then, but the run blocking was just about as bad as it can get.