Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Nate broke his arm in two places in car crash

Nate Burleson - WR - Lions
    Nate Burleson broke his arm in two places during an early Tuesday morning car accident.

Unbelievable.. We have the worst luck...

gordon here we come?

edit - **** ****
    Last edited by C-Wick925; 09-24-2013 at 09:16 AM.

vCash
    Awesome

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dbkgc Found via http://ble.ac/teamstream

Nate Burleson broke his arm in 2 places in an early morning car accident. Will undergo surgery. Obviously a huge loss for the #Lions.
    6:01am - 24 Sep 13
    Last edited by Lionsfanfromsac; 09-24-2013 at 09:18 AM.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 tackles sacks ints
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    football gods strike again

vCash
    This ****ing Sucks so bad. Everything we have something to be happy about, some other bad **** happens.

vCash
    It was a "single" car accident, So that means he wrecked himself right?

vCash
    Just ****ing Lions Luck

vCash
    They need to make a trade or sign someone decent.... Remember how stagnent the Lions offense was without him last year??

vCash
    You cannot even make this crap up if you wanted to. When it comes to things falling correctly for the Lions, it never goes our way. I really hope we do trade for a WR now, because we know this coaching staff will not put Broyles in as the number 2 and will instead stick Durham in there for some unknown reason.

vCash
    Damn

vCash
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...=2013309240063

Detroit Lions receiver Nate Burleson’s season is in jeopardy after he broke his arm in two places in a single-car accident on I-696 early this morning.

Burleson, who leads the Lions with 19 catches through three games, is scheduled to undergo surgery later today. He was returning home from watching Monday Night Football at the time of the accident.

The Lions confirmed the incident in a statement and said police say “there was no alcohol involved.”

“We will provide appropriate updates when more information on Burleson’s condition becomes available,” the statement reads.

Burleson had his best game as a Lion in Sunday’s 27-20 win at Washington. He caught six passes for 116 yards, his most since Dec. 30, 2007, and helped set up the Lions’ go-ahead field goal with a 47-yard catch early in the fourth quarter.

With Burleson out, the Lions will turn to Ryan Broyles as their No. 1 slot receiver.

A second-round pick last year, Broyles is recovering from his second torn ACL in as many years and made his season debut with three catches for 34 yards Sunday.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz said Broyles’ snaps were limited — he played 17 plays — against Washington as a precaution.

“Every time he’s gone in the game for us, he’s made plays. He did the same thing in this game,” Schwartz said. “It’s hard to keep a guy on a pitch count when you’re only with 46 (active players). It’s a lot easier in a preseason game when you can control the reps. But not only was he able to do that, but he was able to come back in the second half and also play for us. Every day, he gets a little bit better, and every day, he gets a little bit more into the groove physically and mentally and things like that. It’s a long road back.

“A lot was made of their quarterback and his recovery from an ACL, but Ryan’s no different, and he’s still working his way back.”

Burleson, 32, missed most of last season with a broken leg and restructured his contract to stay with the Lions last off-season.

One of the team’s most influential locker-room leaders, the Lions lost eight of 10 games after Burleson’s injury last year.

Contact Dave Birkett: dbirkett@freepress.com. Follow him on Twitter @davebirkett.

Beat writer Dave Birkett will answer your Lions questions in a live chat at 10 a.m. Friday at freep.com/sports. Submit early questions here. Then join special writer Nick Meyer for a live blog of the Lions-Bears game Sunday. Enter here to win tickets to the Thanksgiving game. And play NFL Pick 'Em each week to win valuable cash and prizes.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 tackles sacks ints
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Now the rest of the receiving crew needs to step up. Man this sucks. I swear the Football GODS does not want this team to succeed. Hopefully Reggie is ready to play Sunday because we are going to need him.

Florida State Seminoles Overall: 14-0 ACC: 8-0 (BCS National Champions )

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 37-27-14 Pts.: 88
    Detroit LionsWelcome to Detroit Jim Caldwell!!!
    Detroit Tigers 4-1
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Good Season Boys!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Damn
    Well... thinking off the top of my head - if the Browns are in a 'sell' mode... I'm wondering if Davonne Bess might be an option.... I'd even do it straight up for LeShoure. Bess is simular to Burleson (and Broyles) - posession receiver - great hands... I guess the key is how much do you trust Broyles knee situation... I'm not sure I do....

I'd also look at figuring a way to make Gordon happen - different kind of receiver... but huge upside! I'm not suggesting getting both.... just thinking outloud....

vCash
    You guys don't need josh Gordon

vCash
    Well fack. Hopefully Broyles can step up and fill in those short-to-intermediate routes that Nate ran. If he can't we'd have to to turn to Brandon ****agrew to do so. Also hurry up Patrick Edwards, that deep threat speed on the outside will help open up things for us.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast