Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Projected Standings for the Jazz

to get some conversation going lets get your guys take on where you think the jazz finish in the West.

here is my take.

1 Oklahoma City
    2 LA Clippers
    3 San Antonio
    4 Golden State
    5 Memphis
    6 Houston
    7 Denver
    8 New Orleans
    9 Portland
    10 Minnesota
    11 Dallas
    12 lakers
    13 Sacramento
    14 Utah
    15 Phoenix

the lakers are higher if kobe is ready for the start of the season and back to being as good as he was last year. I wouldn't be surprised if the spurs are even a little lower just because I bet really watches how much time timmy plays. Golden state is lower if they suffer any more big men injuries. I see a pretty large drop off after Houston. I think the top 6 are pretty set and could see them in almost any order except I do think the clippers and thunder will be the best regular season teams. I then see a pretty large drop off after the Lakers and think the jazz will be in a battle for the worst record.

I think this for a couple of reasons. #1 a rookie starting pg. if you listen to locke even great point gaurds don't play well their first season. #2 our bench has the potential to be the worst in the league. assuming burke-burks-hayward-favors-kanter all start you would then be looking at some combo of biendrins-jeremy evans-brandon rush-marvin williams-john lucas-richard jefferson. that is a pretty bad group of either has beens-won't bes or injury issues. #3 pretty much all of our guys will be playing a role that is completely new to them. hayward will be the #1 option. favors and kanter will now be starting and playing against other starters. burks will be starting this will just lead to a different atmosphere then what they are used to.

vCash
    8-11 seeds. Most likely, 11th.

The Jazz roster is better than people think. Hayward is really good, Favors is good, and Kanters is good. PG will be a train wreck this year, but that doesn't make the roster bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    How do I think [Kevin] Love helps his team lose? Terrible defense, chucker, basically a of version if Monta

vCash
    1. okc
    2. sa
    3. mem
    4. houston
    5. new o
    6. clippers
    7. portland
    8. minni
    9. utah
    10. dallas
    11. denver
    12. lakers
    13. gs
    14. sac-town
    15. phoenix

i think it's pretty self-explanatory why i put them this way. the better teams are up top and the bottom teams are down low. i like what minni is doing there. portland has a similar guard to trey burke in lillard, i don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to see burke do nice things as a rookie. like portland, utah doesn't have a whole lot to work with around hayward/burke/favors... like very much like my 7th-11th teams, which i think won't be separated by more than 2-3 games. i don't like what denver has done at all and brian shaw as coach? whatever.

enough validation, if anyone wants nit-pick my order, fine. i gave my explanation and any attempts to flame will be met with a huge nlm.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    gs at 13

vCash
    Best chance 10th, worst 14th

The pressure is entirely off this team. Hopefully that means more free flowing offense and a blossoming of player potential. We won't know what we got till we see it. Who knows, one of our players could ball out of control.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    1. okc
    2. sa
    3. mem
    4. houston
    5. new o
    6. clippers
    7. portland
    8. minni
    9. utah
    10. dallas
    11. denver
    12. lakers
    13. gs
    14. sac-town
    15. phoenix

i think it's pretty self-explanatory why i put them this way. the better teams are up top and the bottom teams are down low. i like what minni is doing there. portland has a similar guard to trey burke in lillard, i don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to see burke do nice things as a rookie. like portland, utah doesn't have a whole lot to work with around hayward/burke/favors... like very much like my 7th-11th teams, which i think won't be separated by more than 2-3 games. i don't like what denver has done at all and brian shaw as coach? whatever.

enough validation, if anyone wants nit-pick my order, fine. i gave my explanation and any attempts to flame will be met with a huge nlm.
    There is nothing self explanatory about how you ranked the teams, dhop addressed the gs ranking. But do you honestly believe New Orleans is going to jump from 27 wins to around 56 wins?? Also you think Denver is going to go from a 57 win team to a 35-40 win team??? I think the only thing self explanatory is your bottom paragraph which shows to me that even you knew typing that response most people would think it silly.
    Last edited by nothappyinut; 09-26-2013 at 10:58 AM.

vCash
    1 Oklahoma City
    2 LA Clippers
    3 San Antonio
    4 Memphis
    5 Houston
    6 Golden state
    7 Denver
    8 Minnesota
    9 New Orleans
    10 lakers
    11 Dallas
    12 Portland
    13 Sacramento
    14 Utah
    15 Phoenix

vCash
    ^
    That's pretty much on par with what I've got. Obviously the positioning in the West is debatable and injuries are going to play into. I think teams like the Wolves, the Warriors, the Blazers, the Pelicans, the Kings and the Mavs have the biggest question marks attached to them as to where they'll ultimately end up.

vCash
    I think utah gets around 20-30 wins this season. I think the possibility to get 35 wins is low, but possible. I personally think that there's going to be a TON of close games, but I'm definitely excited to start the season and watch these younguns take the reigns!!

vCash
    1.OKC
    2.LAC
    3.Houston
    4.SAS
    5.GS
    6.Memphis
    7.Denver
    8.Minny
    9.Dallas
    10.Portland
    11.NO
    12.LAL
    13.UT
    14.Sactown
    15.Phoenix

About the only think I have different than most is I think Houston will be near the top of the West. I think another year of their young guys growing into their roles will help and I just don't see how adding Howard can hurt(I know, I know, I saw the Lakers last year). GS is a couple injuries away from being in the lottery but I am assuming health here. I'm not as high on NO as some. They gotta prove it before I believe. I think though that from 8-12 (on my list) those teams could end up anywhere in there (might be able to include Denver in there as well, they've had a lot of change and losing Karl is really going to hurt them). I don't think we are going to be very good record wise. We have arguably the worst bench in the league and have a ton of guys who have never started a full season and our PG hasn't played a game and didn't impress at all in summer league. It's gonna be a tough season full of learning and hopefully improvement. We are an injury or two away from being the worst team in the league if you ask me. I just pray for over all health for out team. Fell free to nit-pick the **** outta me if ya like. But as always it's just my opinion, no need to start flipping furniture over it

Rippin' lips son!!

vCash
    gs will regress from last year. i'm not sold on their draft, curry is as fragile as ever (nothing will change that), thompson will not repeat his shooting from last year, and bogut is still bogut. i can't see them making the playoffs. odds are against them that they will not completely fall apart as they usually do.

to be honest, i think it's a crap shoot from the 7th seed down. the days of western conf dominance are at an end for the foreseeable future as there are a more bottom-dwelling/bad teams than we're used to. i wouldn't be surprised if the 6-8 seeds were below .500.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    looking at this again I made a mistake

1 Oklahoma City
    2 LA Clippers
    3 San Antonio
    4 Golden State
    5 Memphis
    6 Houston
    7 Denver
    8 New Orleans
    9 Portland
    10 Minnesota
    11 Dallas
    12 lakers
    13 Sacramento
    14 Utah
    15 Phoenix

I do not see NO anywhere near 8th unless anthony davis make a huge jump. I would put them around 11 and move the mavericks up. Also speaking of the mavericks where they are ranked is nearly based solely on dirk. I think the ellis calderon backcourt is going to get killed on defense and ellis is possibly the worst offensive player in the league. minnesota is going to have defense issues as none of the players they have outside of rubio is a good defender. Portland I think could make a few moves up as they had a solid offseason, but they only won 33 games last year and their starters had pretty good health

vCash
    1 Oklahoma City
    2 LA Clippers
    3 San Antonio
    4 Houston
    5 Memphis
    6 Golden state
    7 Portland
    8 New Orleans
    9 Minnesota
    10 Dallas
    11 Lakers
    12 Denver
    13 Utah
    14 Sacramento
    15 Phoenix

vCash
    Chalk it up to a learning year. The Jazz young starters are going to get beat by most starting lineups in the league, at least for this season. Even if the starters do play well it won't lead to a ton of wins, we have one of the worst benches in the league. Brandon Rush and Marvin Williams will be solid bench players. Lucas, Biedrins, and RJ are just bad players, if your honest. I would much rather give their minutes to Evans, Gobert, and Clark to grow. Oh wait, I forgot who our coach is. I am already fearing Corbin's idiotic rotations after hearing his media day comments.

vCash

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast