Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Paul George Extension

The Indiana Pacers and All-Star forward Paul George are close to finalizing a five-year extension worth more than $90 million, Yahoo! Sports reported Sunday night, citing league sources.

The maximum extension is expected to be signed this week, according to the website.

George, the NBA's Most Improved Player in 2012-13, saw his scoring average rise to 19.2 points a game during the 2012-13 postseason, up from 17.4 in the regular season. He helped lead the Pacers to Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals, where they lost to the eventual champion Miami Heat.

George told the Indianapolis Star last week that he would sign a long-term deal with the Pacers before the start of the season.

"There will be a deal signed and sealed on the table before the season," he told the newspaper. "We're on the same page."
    He earned it, and looks like we should see something pretty soon.

vCash
    Signed through 2018-2019 season. I think I saw somewhere they are officially announcing it today and it should be a max deal of 80 million that will bump to 90 if he makes an All NBA team and/or wins the MVP.

vCash
    Works for me...made sense. Very humble kid. Looking forward to reppin' his jersey for a very long time.

#iubb