Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

What is the point of two goalies fighting?

Seriously? I understand the idea of enforcers being out there to protect the stars. I understand the idea of a star getting in a fight to tell opposing players to not mess with him...

But, what is the point of two goalies fighting? I could see the point of a goalie fighting a forward or defenseman. But do the opposing goalies really look at each other all game and think "man, thats the guy whoes butt I want to kick."

Never understood goalie fights.

If a goalie wants to fight, why does it have to be the opposing goalie?

vCash
    My only conclusion, is that goalies are viewed as untouchable by their teammates...whenever someone even mildly touches their goalie, some minor scrum usually ensues. So, if a goalie were to try to go at it with a skater, an enforcer from his team would step in and take over the fight. So the goalies can only fight each other.

But I still see no strategic advantage to it.

vCash
    Crowd. Rivalry. That's about it. Look at the Wings/Avs rivalry of the late 1990s.

vCash
    i was wondering the same thing when i saw the fight tonight. one of the goalies didnt even look like he wanted to fight while the other goalie is throwing haymakers lol
    Bulls
    Bears
    White Sox

AND YOUR NEW STANLEY CUP CHAMPS, THE BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Because goalie fights are awesome... Only one that really got hurt in a fight was Dipietro but the guys made of glass.

vCash
    In this case it might have been if you mess with our star we will fight yours I dunno, its fun to watch but there are rarely any good punches landed with all the gear binding them up.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AK-50 View Post
    Excellent video.

vCash
    Still no good answers. I guess I come to the conclusion that it is goalies wanting to be part of the team. Rarely do you see a goalie fight (never do you see a goalie fight?) unless it is a brawl between the teams. The goalies need to get in on the action too, but the unwritten rule of skaters fighting goalies plays a part, so the only guy the goalie has to fight, is the goalie.

vCash
    Well last night, Bernier was just showing he had his teammates back. Also it was extra sweet because Miller has been vocal about his hate on Toronto, glad he got a few punches from Bernier.

Bernier is pretty much loved now in the city of Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    In this case it might have been if you mess with our star we will fight yours I dunno, its fun to watch but there are rarely any good punches landed with all the gear binding them up.
    Except when one of them takes the gear off and the refs don't stop the fight like they're supposed to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Well last night, Bernier was just showing he had his teammates back. Also it was extra sweet because Miller has been vocal about his hate on Toronto, glad he got a few punches from Bernier.
    Odd that Google has no record of this at all. You should preface it with [*citation needed*].

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed:27088359
    Except when one of them takes the gear off and the refs don't stop the fight like they're supposed to.
    In all fairness to the refs I dont think any of those wild punches Bernier was throwing were actually landing and also theres nothing that says when a player gets one arm free the fight should be stopped...never heard of that one.

vCash
    In all fairness to the refs I dont think any of those wild punches Bernier was throwing were actually landing and also theres nothing that says when a player gets one arm free the fight should be stopped...never heard of that one.
    When there's a mismatch with a fight in a non-fighting position (especially goalies) due to equipment, the refs stop the fight. Common knowledge in hockey. Once Bernier tried to pull Miller's jersey over his face and then kept hitting him, they finally stepped in. Pretty sad that he had to fight dirty like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Odd that Google has no record of this at all. You should preface it with [*citation needed*].
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsdym9OQOGU

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast