Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs up Lamarr Houston wants to be career Raider

The Raiders have shown of late that they are taking a proactive approach to locking up their valued players. Coming into this season it appeared as if the team would have a glut of players set to become free agents at the same time. That number is dwindling now with just a few key original Raiders remaining.

Thus far the team has extended the contracts of kicker Sebastian Janikowski, long snapper Jon Condo, and fullback Marcel Reece.

The next up would be Lamarr Houston who the team picked in round two of the 2010 draft and it set to become a free agent after this season. Houston made it known, he would like to re-sign with the Raiders rather than hit the open market.

"I want to stay here with the Raiders," Houston told Bay Area sports station 95.7 The Game. "I love the history of the franchise and I want to be one of those people who help rebuild that mystique of the Raiders. . . I would love to be a Raider for the rest of my career."

The feeling is mutual from the Raiders with regard to their standout defensive end. As Reggie McKenzie pointed out when he sat down with reporters on Wednesday, the Raiders are "working diligently to keep our own."

Keeping the team's best defender and foundation for the future of the team is a high priority for McKenzie. And since both sides are clearly amicable, it appears a deal on an extension would be forthcoming.

"Make no bones about it, we want to sign as many of our good players as we can," said McKenzie. "We're in a situation next year to retain some of our high-dollar guys."

Other high-dollar guys set to become free agents after this season include left tackle Jared Veldheer and running back Darren McFadden.

Veldheer is the priority among the two of them. He has proven to be one of the better left tackles in the NFL and up until his recent triceps injury had never missed a game and had a string of 42 straight starts at left tackle.

McFadden is more likely to have to prove he can play the whole season at a high level - something he has never done -- before the team considers signing him long term.
    http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...ke-that-happen

I may have to get me a Lamarr Houston jersey

vCash
    Good performer on the field, works hard, and wants to be a career Raider! I would love to shake this mans hand and give him a later on the back. Ink him and pay him a fair wage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicRaider View Post
    http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...ke-that-happen

I may have to get me a Lamarr Houston jersey
    Hopefully we can put to rest the notion that he should be playing DT or DE in a 3-4. The guy is officially a 4-3 DE, and a good one. Even the interview said he lost weight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet:27085921
    Good performer on the field, works hard, and wants to be a career Raider! I would love to shake this mans hand and give him a later on the back. Ink him and pay him a fair wage
    couldn't have said it better myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet View Post
    Yup. I think he could really strive in the future when the current stop gaps get replaced for solid down lineman.

These are the kinda guys id love to have career raiders. The guys we have now put the work in but are far from superior. If the raiders had 4 Houston's on the line they may not be the best in the biz but they sure as hell would never quit chasing down the ball carrier
    Last edited by NYRaiderLove; 09-22-2013 at 10:35 PM.

vCash
    I'm all for him being here for a long time.

vCash
    Make it happen

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong they consistently are.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRaiderLove View Post
    Yup. I think he could really strive in the future when the current stop gaps get replaced for solid down lineman.

These are the kinda guys id love to have career raiders. The guys we have now put the work in but are far from superior. If the raiders had 4 Houston's on the line they may not be the best in the biz but they sure as hell would never quit chasing down the ball carrier
    Simms and Walker are not playing like stop gap players nor are they old. Just saying. You definitely want to replacet the other DE position and one upgrade could be had at one DT spot, but it's not a need.

vCash
    Fall in like with players.... Never fall in love and sign career deals. 3 years at the most...

vCash
    If Simms and Walker prove themelves to be durable and dependable, I hope we ink them 4 years minimum.....
    The Leonard Williams crew. Who's with me???

N. Cog Neato

vCash
    The nation wants you to be a career raider too Lamarr.

vCash
    Pay the man he is a ture Raider ,and a beast on the field.

Feel the wrath of the darkside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderx510 View Post
    Pay the man he is a ture Raider ,and a beast on the field.
    One letter from a mishap, a dirty word.......LOL
    The Leonard Williams crew. Who's with me???

N. Cog Neato

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillage Idiot View Post
    Simms and Walker are not playing like stop gap players nor are they old. Just saying. You definitely want to replacet the other DE position and one upgrade could be had at one DT spot, but it's not a need.
    Sims and Walker have played well but I can't believe that the organazation sees them as future starters for the next couple years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRaiderLove View Post
    Sims and Walker have played well but I can't believe that the organazation sees them as future starters for the next couple years.
    Maybe not starters, but good as part of the rotation and as solid depth. If Simms stays healthy and continues to improve I wouldn't mind him as a starter while we find upgrades at other positions. Walker isn't dynamic, but he isn't getting beat every down either.

I like Houston and hope we can work out a fair deal to keep him a Raider.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast