Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What impressed you the most this week (Week 3 @ SF) ?

Instead of asking about what issues there were, I'll ask about the positives. There were definitely more positives today than negatives.. I'll list a few that stood out to me:

Delano Howell - He was all over the field. Especially remember the TD saving tackle against Boldin and numerous run stopping plays.

Bradshaw - He ran really well and was a good outlet for Luck.

The Offensive Line - Anthony Castanzo pretty much owned Aldon Smith for the majority of the game. Best game from him? Also the run blocking continues to be a major asset. I thought this was their strongest game of the season. Maybe Satele should be benched indefinitely.

Luck - No turnovers. He also ran for a few first downs. Most importantly no turnovers. I don't remember him even forcing it to Reggie or any of the other WRs.

DHB - No drops.

Secondary - Kaepernick didn't have anywhere to throw the ball. Coverage in the secondary obviously gets major credit. Very fitting that Kap threw an INT to seal the game.

Mathis - Applied good pressure. Got at least 1 sack.

Pagano - The team actually scored points in the 2nd half... they weren't all that predictable either. They ran the ball because they were dismantling SF up front. I also like that they kept giving the ball to Bradshaw because he deserved to get it over Richardson.

Richardson - Picked up at least one blitzer that saved Luck's ***.

----------------------------------------------

What were you most impressed with?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    The Oline played lights out second half
    Jarrel Freeman playing at a pro bowl level

vCash
    I was most impressed with the team playing a full 4 quarters. They played well defensively and were efficient on the offensive end. I agree with all your points and will double down on keeping Satele on the bench.

vCash
    The run game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    DHB - No drops.
    That's all you've got for the guy, LOL

I thought he played extremely well, and had some big catches on a day that Reggie and Hilton were effectively shut down for large chunks of time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    That's all you've got for the guy, LOL

I thought he played extremely well, and had some big catches on a day that Reggie and Hilton were effectively shut down for large chunks of time.
    I agree with you. But his run after catch ability is a given, his drops are the concern. So I was pleasantly happy about his drops (or lack there of).

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    SF I agree with basically everything you said.

And AustinCollie17 - totally agree about Freeman. That strip sack on Freeman sealed the deal .

Overall though the coaching for this game was terrific. San Francisco looked lost the entire game and I credit our staff for putting together a kick *** game plan that brought the boo birds out in San Fran.

#iubb

vCash
    im loving it. The defense stepped up today. My newsfeed is flooded with niner fans complaining about how bad their team played today. This is after all the talk about how bad they were gonna beat the Colts.

vCash
    Mike McGlynn. Thats right I said it. He actually looked pretty damn good at center. Now understand I compare this to how he normally plays. I think they need to consider him there and maybe bring Holmes in at right guard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider28 View Post
    Mike McGlynn. Thats right I said it. He actually looked pretty damn good at center. Now understand I compare this to how he normally plays. I think they need to consider him there and maybe bring Holmes in at right guard.
    McGlynn at C is probably an upgrade over Satele

<3

vCash
    Lol....I am glad to see that I wasn't the only one who thought McGlynn played well at Center.....I had to take an eye test a few times during the game to make sure I wasn't losing my eye sight
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    I was really excited with the adjustments after the TD drive...both in play calling as well as how the players adjusted.

The DL was just daring Kaep to tuck the ball and take off, and when he did the entire D held contain instead of just attacking the backfield and getting out of position both against the RB and Kaep. The Secondary was amazing which also helped in keeping the running game in check due to the fact that early pressure wasn't a necessity since everyone was blanketed.

vCash
    Someone I haven't seen mentioned that deserves some credit is Pat Mac. Dude had some very nice punts consistently giving the 49ers poor field position.

vCash
    I would've said pretty much the same thing you did and added that the special teams had a great game as well. The colts played to their strengths vs. a good "D" and exploited the 49ers weakness. In truth with a lot of Kaepernicks weapons sidelined the colts won a game I felt they should've won. The colts had a good game plan and showed patience by sticking to it and Luck wasn't forced into mistakes. I have to give praise to all three phasesof the game for that performance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    Someone I haven't seen mentioned that deserves some credit is Pat Mac. Dude had some very nice punts consistently giving the 49ers poor field position.
    Yep, and put it in the end zone every time, sometimes out of it. SF killed themselves trying to take it out at the end of the game.
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast