Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Trade orakpo for 1st round pick

Brian orakpo should be traded for a 1st round pick.i do not believe bruce allen and the shanahannys will decide to pay orakpo the kind of money rak "thinks" hes worth.in my opinion hes our third best pass rusher.they need to give b.jenkins more reps and once jackson is back from his binge(lol) suspension he can assume full duties and we should trade orakpo.someone will indeed think he can perform in their system and put up aldon smith like numbers.truth is,he is a one trick pony.deal em before we lose him to free agency

vCash
    I don't think there's a single player on this team that could get us a first round pick in return. Maybe Kerrigan.

vCash
    If we cant muster enough will to beat the teams we "should" beat then we are in for a terrible season.and the sad part is we wont reap any benefits such as a first rd selection.we better swing for the fences in free agency for sure.we looked way out of our league.we are the laughingstock of the nfl.everyone said rg3 would hit a sophmore slump and are season last year was a fluke.i was like bullsh1t......until now

vCash
    There are many things that NFL teams desire to build their team with. One of those is to have bookend pass-rushers, especially in the 3-4 defense. The Redskins have that with Kerrigan and Orakpo. Kerrigan is the better of the two, but he provides the total package. He's a leader, will rush the passer, can support the run and has coverage skills. Kerrigan also has a motor that never stops and is one of those players who people say has the "it" factor.

Orakpo is more of a one-trick pony, but that's rushing the passer, which he does extremely well. In the 3-4, you want your linemen to be on the larger side, to take up multiple blockers and you almost always bring someone from the back eight to rush the passer. That's typically Orakpo, because of Kerrigan's skill set, and then he will come on the blitz.

I know it's tempting to get a first round pick back, but just because of the Trent Richardson trade, doesn't mean this would happen. Orakpo is coming off major surgery as well, which limits his value for a first-rounder.

Even if we could get a first-rounder, I wouldn't move him. Linebackers aren't the problem, especially the pass-rush. They are getting it done, it's the secondary that's not getting it done right now, and the are a young group after you get past the starters. Two of the big pieces, Amerson and Rambo, were drafted early this season. It's a process to get these guys experience, especially in a pass-happy league, but we will be in a great position with them next season.

vCash
    We don't re-sign Orakpo and then he becomes a year in - year out 12 sack monster. Just watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcribbin View Post
    We don't re-sign Orakpo and then he becomes a year in - year out 12 sack monster. Just watch.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

vCash
    What in the world makes you think we would get a 1st round draft pick for Orakpo?

Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

vCash
    Orakpo IS worth a 1st round pick.But hes not worth the money hes gonna want.listen to what i said people.If you think RAK is worth 10-12 mil a year your crazy

vCash
    We sound like Eggle fans........RGIII and Rak both coming off TERRIBLE injuries and some of us Redskins fans want to get rid of them!!! This ain't Madden on the XBOX!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redskinphan21 View Post
    Orakpo IS worth a 1st round pick.But hes not worth the money hes gonna want.listen to what i said people.If you think RAK is worth 10-12 mil a year your crazy
    So why would you expect another team to give away a first round pick for him? They know they have to pay him too.

My Mock v 1.1
    51st (Second Round) - Amerson CB/FS
    85th (third round) - Bacarri Rambo FS
    119th (fourth) - David Quessenberry, OT/OG
    154th (fifth) - Cornelius Washington, DE/ OLB
    162nd (fifth) - Ray Ray Armstrong, SS
    191st (sixth) - Nick Kasa, TE
    228th (seventh) - Rodney Smith, WR

vCash
    You'll never see a 1st for Orakpo. Injury prone. Overruns routes. Can't cover against the pass. That's why Rob Jackson is the better fit. Thank God he's back soon.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redskinphan21 View Post
    No he's not, hes not worth either.

What team is going to give up their first round pick for an injury prone guy that is an 1-Dimensional OLB that they either are going to have to pay 60Mil for 5 years, or rent for 12 games?

Don't get me wrong, I love having him on our team opposite of Kerrigan, but you have got to look at him from another teams standpoint as to his trade value. I think we might be able to get a 2nd or 3rd for him if we were really considering trading him right now, which we wont. With our bogus camp penalties being out the way, I definitely see us resigning him after the season
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 09-30-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    No he's not, hes not worth either.

What team is going to give up their first round pick for an injury prone guy that is an 1-Dimensional OLB that they either are going to have to pay 60Mil for 5 years, or rent for 12 games?

Don't get me wrong, I love having him on our team opposite of Kerrigan, but you have got to look at him from another teams standpoint as to his trade value. I think we might be able to get a 2nd or 3rd for him if we were really considering trading him right now, which we wont. With our bogus camp penalties being out the way, I definitely see us resigning him after the season
    I think even getting a 2nd or 3rd would be a stretch given the situation. It's not that he isn't necessarily worth the price, but that's not the only consideration. Like you implied, teams would have to consider the possibility that they'd only be renting him for the rest of the season, and unless Vinny Cerrato becomes the GM of some team, nobody would ever give up a high pick for a guy that might be gone at the end of the season. Then there's the fact that teams will want to see if his health holds up all year. So again, nobody is going to give up a 2nd or 3rd for a player 4 weeks into a season when he was lost for significant time the previous 2, even if they thought they could immediately sign him to an extension. And then there's the obvious fact that, even if a team were dumb enough to make such a trade and believed in his abilities, how much of an impact would anyone really expect him to make on a totally new defense in the midst of a season with no time to practice and get acclimated? The whole idea is utterly absurd.

Orakpo hasn't proven to be elite, as we'd hoped, but when healthy, he's well above average and he and Kerrigan make a formidable pairing that many teams would envy. Orakpo will get paid what his play this season dictates he's worth, and whether it's by us or another team remains to be seen. If we can keep him for what he's worth, I hope we do, because even if he never turns into an elite player, we could, and probably would, do a lot worse than Orakpo. A LOT. You can't have pro bowl players at every position with the salary cap. If Kerrigan turns out to be the best player on D, then we're going to have to throw a lot of money at him when his contract is up and we'll be in great shape if we have Orakpo at a fair price.
    Last edited by SkinsFan4Life71; 09-30-2013 at 11:41 PM.

vCash
    I would love to trade Orakpo for a SOLID CB. As we have seen it doesn't matter how fast we get to the QB our secondary can not cover anyone. I would love to strengthen the secondary so when we blitz there is no where to throw it. Right now QBs can toss it up and someone on the opposing team will catch it.

My Mock v 1.1
    51st (Second Round) - Amerson CB/FS
    85th (third round) - Bacarri Rambo FS
    119th (fourth) - David Quessenberry, OT/OG
    154th (fifth) - Cornelius Washington, DE/ OLB
    162nd (fifth) - Ray Ray Armstrong, SS
    191st (sixth) - Nick Kasa, TE
    228th (seventh) - Rodney Smith, WR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinsFan4Life71 View Post
    I think even getting a 2nd or 3rd would be a stretch given the situation. It's not that he isn't necessarily worth the price, but that's not the only consideration. Like you implied, teams would have to consider the possibility that they'd only be renting him for the rest of the season, and unless Vinny Cerrato becomes the GM of some team, nobody would ever give up a high pick for a guy that might be gone at the end of the season. Then there's the fact that teams will want to see if his health holds up all year. So again, nobody is going to give up a 2nd or 3rd for a player 4 weeks into a season when he was lost for significant time the previous 2, even if they thought they could immediately sign him to an extension. And then there's the obvious fact that, even if a team were dumb enough to make such a trade and believed in his abilities, how much of an impact would anyone really expect him to make on a totally new defense in the midst of a season with no time to practice and get acclimated? The whole idea is utterly absurd.

Orakpo hasn't proven to be elite, as we'd hoped, but when healthy, he's well above average and he and Kerrigan make a formidable pairing that many teams would envy. Orakpo will get paid what his play this season dictates he's worth, and whether it's by us or another team remains to be seen. If we can keep him for what he's worth, I hope we do, because even if he never turns into an elite player, we could, and probably would, do a lot worse than Orakpo. A LOT. You can't have pro bowl players at every position with the salary cap. If Kerrigan turns out to be the best player on D, then we're going to have to throw a lot of money at him when his contract is up and we'll be in great shape if we have Orakpo at a fair price.
    I agree with everything you just said, but we both agree thinking we could get a 1st for him is ridiculous