Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

The NFC East Thread

I'm new to the site and newer to this forum.
    I'm hoping that Eagles fans, like myself, Giants, Redskins, and Cowboys fans, can talk about our division in a somewhat civilized, adult fashion.
    We seem to have a really bad division. So far, the winner will win, almost, by default
    The Eagles are 1-2 and will probably be 1-3 after next week's trip to Denver. At least, they will have 10 days of rest. MAYBE having 3 games in 11 days hurt them or maybe they are THAT bad.

What are your impressions, so far, about the NFC East? Who is going to win it?

vCash
    Lookin like the Cowboys so far, but its still really early in the season. Anything can happen.

vCash
    The NFC East fans are pretty respectful to each other here.

No idea who the winner will be. The teams are so flawed I'm wondering if 7-9 might win the division.

Giants and Dallas have pretty miserable OLs

Skins have depth issues which is the norm being they trade so many picks away

Philly - well, a new system and QB who has never demonstrated the ability to read a defense.

I think the race will tight but it's not the 1980's when 3 teams had the rosters to win the division to the tune of 12-14 wins.

vCash
    Wouldn't shock me too see all four NFC East QB's replaced due to injury by Nov 1

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Lookin like the Cowboys so far, but its still really early in the season. Anything can happen.
    How can you think that it is looking like the Cowboys? What have they done to give you that impression?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    The NFC East fans are pretty respectful to each other here.

No idea who the winner will be. The teams are so flawed I'm wondering if 7-9 might win the division.

Giants and Dallas have pretty miserable OLs

Philly - well, a new system and QB who has never demonstrated the ability to read a defense.

I think the race will tight but it's not the 1980's when 3 teams had the rosters to win the division to the tune of 12-14 wins.
    1. Is it alright if I call you genius - or does that sound too smart-alecky?
    2. 7 and 9 MIGHT win the division. That's how bad it is.
    3. I posted this thread on the Eagles website - the forum where the looneys reside - and one clown wanted to rape me and the others wanted to belittle me and call me all kinds of names just because I wanted to have a thread where there was civilized talk. Sadly these were Giants fans who may not have even been from the New York area. Oh well.

vCash
    Thought we weren't allowed to have these or did the NFC West one just get closed awhile back because the fans weren't being civil?

vCash
    I honestly think first to 8 wins will get the division easily, 7 might win it too

its going to come down to who wins the division games, since they wont be getting a whole lot of wins outside of the division, as an eagles fan I gotta say I hope they win it but Dallas is putting up a pretty good performance against St. Louis right now look to be going into week 4 as the sole 1st place team with the eagles going up against broncos, but in recent history Dallas has been very inconsistent so who knows

All these teams are pretty bad and I expect the winner of the division to be the 8th or 9th best team in the NFC and lose in the first round of the playoffs

vCash
    Natey - I'm new to the site. If there was a decree stating that these threads aren't allowed, then I didn't know about it. Hopefully, we will keep it civil. The teams are SO bad that we almost have no choice but to keep it civil.

Iggles Fan - The Eagles are 1-0 in the division - tied with Dallas. They're on their way to the playoffs - LOL.

Panthers 38 - Giants 0 - Oh My Goodness. There's losing and then there's losing.
    Lions 27 - Redskins 20 - This division is truly bad.

vCash
    It's turned out that the NFCE is the weakest division in the NFL. I feel like all four have defenses in the bottom third of the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    How can you think that it is looking like the Cowboys? What have they done to give you that impression?
    For starters, they actually have a winning record, they absolutely dominated the Rams today, through the first 3 games they seem to have the only legitimate defense in the division, and their o-line is much better this year than it was last year.

I think the better question is....what has the rest of the division done to make you think they are on par with the Cowboys?

Philadelphia 76ers

"All the time us."

Thanks to JDink24 on the sig

vCash

Incorrect about the trades. The only picks we've dealt since Shanahan/Allen took over, aside from picking up more picks, were the ones involved in the RGIII deal, which is essentially two first rounders and a second rounder from the 2012 draft. Certainly under Snyder/Cerrato, they dealt picks like no other team we've seen, but that's stopped under Shanahan.

Correct about depth. We lost Carriker again to injury in the front seven. Both Rob Jackson and Jarvaris Jenkins are serving four game suspensions. The secondary was unable to add an impact talent via FA because of the cap penalties imposed by the NFL, but we spent three high draft picks on defensive backs. Two are playing and are on the field quite a bit, the other is on IR.

The main issue is the secondary, where after the starters our depth are all rookies that have little experience. I'll give BumAngelo Hall credit today, because it's always a good day from a CB to "hold" Calvin Johnson to seven catches, 116 yards and a TD. The rest of the defensive backs killed us.

As for the offense, it all boils down to RGIII. His knee isn't right. He doesn't have the top end speed and acceleration back yet, and he looks like he is throwing the ball with limited lower body movement (he is not pivoting on his right leg and his passes look wobbly.)

So in the first two games, with the offense unable to move the ball in the first halves and until the other teams went into Prevent, the defense got hung out to dry and run over on.

But that's the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Incorrect about the trades. The only picks we've dealt since Shanahan/Allen took over, aside from picking up more picks, were the ones involved in the RGIII deal, which is essentially two first rounders and a second rounder from the 2012 draft. Certainly under Snyder/Cerrato, they dealt picks like no other team we've seen, but that's stopped .
    How can i be wrong about trading picks and then you mention the RGIII trade? They were missing a #1 this year and a #2 last season. 2011 was nice while 2010 they basically had a 1st and 4th round pick. They're always light in depth. A starter goes down and their realy isn't a legit backup. It's been Synders MO

Not that my team has any depth at certain positions.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    How can i be wrong about trading picks and then you mention the RGIII trade? They were missing a #1 this year and a #2 last season. 2011 was nice while 2010 they basically had a 1st and 4th round pick. They're always light in depth. A starter goes down and their realy isn't a legit backup. It's been Synders MO

Not that my team has any depth at certain positions.
    You made my argument as well, it was just two draft picks. And the funny part is that we lost the first rounder the year that we had all of the cap penalties as well. Anyway, here is the list of players drafted or picked up as UDFA by Shanahan and Allen since 2010, when they took over. Trading picks was certainly Snyder's MO, but he's turned the personnel matters over to those two.

QB- RGIII, Cousins
    RB- Morris, Helu, Royster, Thompson
    FB- Young (UDFA)(originally a LB, brought back by Shanahan as FB)
    WR- Hankerson, Robinson
    TE- Paul, Reed, Paulsen (UDFA)
    OL- Williams, LeRibeus, Gettis, Compton

DL- Neild, Jenkins
    LB- Jenkins, Kerrigan, Riley, Robinson (IR)
    CB- Amerson, Biggers, Thomas (IR), Crawford (IR)
    S- Rambo

vCash

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast