Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In a tiny cottage in the woods
    Posts
    7,221
    vCash
    1500

    Question Malcom Subban???

    Did anyone catch last night Pre-Season home opener in Boston? I saw a few minutes but since I was watching online the connection wasn't all that good. The Red Wings were up 4-1 in the middle of the 2nd period with somewhere around 12:00 minutes? Anyways after the game I go on ESPN and see a 8-2 victory for Detroit. I know this is only preseason but Subban let in 4 goals in the 3rd with like a 5 minutes left. How is this 19 year old kid gonna be a solid back up to Rask if he let 4 unanswered goals that quickly? If he keeps this up I don't see this kid staying to much longer. Thoughts?
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24,623
    vCash
    1000
    None of my business here, nor did I catch the game, but it's pre-season. I thought he was supposed to be in Providence any way. Regardless, Malcolm Subban is not ready. Still a top prospect. His value is not going down from him getting light up twice in pre-season. Howie during his rookie season, which he was nominated for the Calder, looked really bad early on. His movement, IQ of the NHL level and so much was off. Jimmy mind you was an AHL veteran and a 25 year old rookie.

    If the back-ups struggle, there are plenty of options available in net, specifically as a back-up. You have Johan Hedberg, Ilya Bryzgalov, Scott Clemmenson possibly available in Florida, and quite a few more options.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,662
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Did anyone catch last night Pre-Season home opener in Boston? I saw a few minutes but since I was watching online the connection wasn't all that good. The Red Wings were up 4-1 in the middle of the 2nd period with somewhere around 12:00 minutes? Anyways after the game I go on ESPN and see a 8-2 victory for Detroit. I know this is only preseason but Subban let in 4 goals in the 3rd with like a 5 minutes left. How is this 19 year old kid gonna be a solid back up to Rask if he let 4 unanswered goals that quickly? If he keeps this up I don't see this kid staying to much longer. Thoughts?
    My boss was at the game and he said Subban got left out to dry on 3-4 goals last night. Subban actually played well against MTL, stopping all 12 shots he faced. Subban will have a similar treatment to Rask when he came up through. Expect Subban to get 2-3 years in the AHL before coming up to be a back-up for the Bruins


    OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In a tiny cottage in the woods
    Posts
    7,221
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    None of my business here, nor did I catch the game, but it's pre-season. I thought he was supposed to be in Providence any way. Regardless, Malcolm Subban is not ready. Still a top prospect. His value is not going down from him getting light up twice in pre-season. Howie during his rookie season, which he was nominated for the Calder, looked really bad early on. His movement, IQ of the NHL level and so much was off. Jimmy mind you was an AHL veteran and a 25 year old rookie.

    If the back-ups struggle, there are plenty of options available in net, specifically as a back-up. You have Johan Hedberg, Ilya Bryzgalov, Scott Clemmenson possibly available in Florida, and quite a few more options.
    I thought the same thing too about him being in Providence? I'm still adjusting to the fact Detroit's in the same division as Boston.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    My boss was at the game and he said Subban got left out to dry on 3-4 goals last night. Subban actually played well against MTL, stopping all 12 shots he faced. Subban will have a similar treatment to Rask when he came up through. Expect Subban to get 2-3 years in the AHL before coming up to be a back-up for the Bruins
    I saw that Montreal game he was good, but how can someone go from playing good one night to crap the next? Your boss should be glad it was a preseason game. LOL.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,662
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I saw that Montreal game he was good, but how can someone go from playing good one night to crap the next? Your boss should be glad it was a preseason game. LOL.
    Two different teams? I wouldn't even say he played like crap, he just had no support.


    OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24,623
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I thought the same thing too about him being in Providence? I'm still adjusting to the fact Detroit's in the same division as Boston.

    I saw that Montreal game he was good, but how can someone go from playing good one night to crap the next? Your boss should be glad it was a preseason game. LOL.
    I am very excited. I watch these teams (Boston, Toronto, Montreal) often as I'm from Ontario. The Toronto rivalry will be great in Ontario, as for me at least, I am on the Michigan boarder. You have Detroit fans, Toronto fans, odd fans of like Philadelphia, and then the bandwagon fans aroudn here.



    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Two different teams? I wouldn't even say he played like crap, he just had no support.
    Pretty much. Detroit put out a real tough defense, our #1 goaltender, our #1 line, with some scoring down the line-up (Nyquist, Cleary, Tatar, etc) while Boston's line-up was pretty, well, meh. Rask wasn't in, the defense was young, and the offense didn't exactly have secondary scoring (that Johnson goal was ridiculous).

    Very excited for the Boston match-ups. May grab tickets to the Joe. We seem to have the Bruins number over the past few years, especially Todd Bertuzzi. I don't know why, but he's all "in his peak" against Boston.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    7,899
    vCash
    1500
    Um, lets not overreact here. He's 19 years old. Goalies don't usually mature until upper 20's sometimes early-early 30's. Rask is locked up for a long time, lets give Subban idk 3-5 years before we start to worry whether he can back up Rask.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In a tiny cottage in the woods
    Posts
    7,221
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Um, lets not overreact here. He's 19 years old. Goalies don't usually mature until upper 20's sometimes early-early 30's. Rask is locked up for a long time, lets give Subban idk 3-5 years before we start to worry whether he can back up Rask.
    3-5 years deal and if he doesn't improve we can all comeback and say wtf was Boston thinking
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    7,899
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    3-5 years deal and if he doesn't improve we can all comeback and say wtf was Boston thinking
    Not really. he's going to improve. He's 19 years old. As a goalie. He's never even played a game yet in the NHL/AHL. You can't judge the kid off one game in preseason, when he's playing with a team that doesn't have its best players going.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,662
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    3-5 years deal and if he doesn't improve we can all comeback and say wtf was Boston thinking
    Not sure what you are expect when he will be 22-24 years old. Hell Rask didn't even become a starter till he was 25-26 years old.


    OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In a tiny cottage in the woods
    Posts
    7,221
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Not really. he's going to improve. He's 19 years old. As a goalie. He's never even played a game yet in the NHL/AHL. You can't judge the kid off one game in preseason, when he's playing with a team that doesn't have its best players going.
    True never thought of it that way?

    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Not sure what you are expect when he will be 22-24 years old. Hell Rask didn't even become a starter till he was 25-26 years old.
    Not that much of a difference in age but Rask looks like one of those legit starters. Subban looks more like backup.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    7,899
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Not that much of a difference in age but Rask looks like one of those legit starters. Subban looks more like backup.
    You can tell Subban looks like a backup after 1 preseason game and being 19 years old (not even close to being mature position wise). Yeah.......i don't know what to say.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,662
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Not that much of a difference in age but Rask looks like one of those legit starters. Subban looks more like backup.
    I'd love to hear your talent analysis and how you came to this conclusion after 2 games. Did you watch the game or just look at the box score?

    On the other hand....

    WHAT THE HELL WAS BOSTON THINKING DRAFTING THIS KID!! HE'S ALREADY 19 AND AFTER 90 MINUTES OF PLAYING TIME CAN'T FIGURE THIS **** OUT? THEY NEED TO TRADE THIS KID BEFORE THE REST OF THE LEAGUE REALIZES HE'S CRAP.

    ^This is how you come off


    OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boston/Florida
    Posts
    9,243
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Did anyone catch last night Pre-Season home opener in Boston? I saw a few minutes but since I was watching online the connection wasn't all that good. The Red Wings were up 4-1 in the middle of the 2nd period with somewhere around 12:00 minutes? Anyways after the game I go on ESPN and see a 8-2 victory for Detroit. I know this is only preseason but Subban let in 4 goals in the 3rd with like a 5 minutes left. How is this 19 year old kid gonna be a solid back up to Rask if he let 4 unanswered goals that quickly? If he keeps this up I don't see this kid staying to much longer. Thoughts?
    Sigh :Facepalm: Like the others said its only preseason.
    Proud to be PSD's Chris Kelly!
    The Chris Kelly Watch: 3 G /0 A/ 3 Pts / 2 +/-


    He went to the top self where Momma keeps the Peanut Butter & Where i hid the Porno's

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boston/Florida
    Posts
    9,243
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I'd love to hear your talent analysis and how you came to this conclusion after 2 games. Did you watch the game or just look at the box score?

    On the other hand....

    WHAT THE HELL WAS BOSTON THINKING DRAFTING THIS KID!! HE'S ALREADY 19 AND AFTER 90 MINUTES OF PLAYING TIME CAN'T FIGURE THIS **** OUT? THEY NEED TO TRADE THIS KID BEFORE THE REST OF THE LEAGUE REALIZES HE'S CRAP.

    ^This is how you come off
    im pretty sure Bsf is trolling lol
    Proud to be PSD's Chris Kelly!
    The Chris Kelly Watch: 3 G /0 A/ 3 Pts / 2 +/-


    He went to the top self where Momma keeps the Peanut Butter & Where i hid the Porno's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •