Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Holmgren admits he offered Grigson the Browns' 2012 draft for the 1st overall pick

How much better does this make the Colts?

"Oh boy, indoor and on turf?'' said Holmgren.

He re-iterated that he offered Colts GM Ryan Grigson his entire 2012 draft to move up to No. 1 to take Andrew Luck.

"I talked to him last year (at the owner's meetings) before we made the trade,'' he said. "I said, 'I'll give you all of our draft picks for the No. 1 pick and I'll take Luck. I'll give the whole draft to you.

"I said, 'Ryan let's do the deal, right now, right here.' He said, 'We're taking Luck.' We were by the pool, I might've even had a lemonade in my hand. He didn't take me seriously, because I was ready to pull the trigger. They were going to take him, and they should've taken him. They did the right thing, but he said if some craziness would've happened, they would've taken Trent Richardson. And now a year later, they get both of them. If you asked him last year, 'Would you trade your 24th pick in the first round for Trent Richardson,' you would do that easily.''
    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...cleveland.html

Did any of us know this? I think Grigson ultimately made the correct decision to stand pat, but it's still crazy.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I saw that yesterday and I am glad Indy went the route it went.
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    saw it. that's crazy.

#iubb

vCash
    I'm very happy we went the route we did. As much as I like PM, trading away Luck to try and "reload" with Manning would have been a huge mistake,

vCash
    I can't believe he actually made this offer

That would have been so interesting to see, although I am glad we don't have to.