Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Prince is the Black Tim Tebow

Amukamara says he hasnít had alcohol or sex

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 19, 2013, 1:39 PM EDT

At the time of the videotaped cold tub incident from training camp last year, Giants cornerback Prince Amukamara seemed a bit removed from some of his teammates.

Now we know heís very different from many, if not most or all of them.

Amukamara said in a Q and A with Muscle and Fitness magazine that heís yet to have his first taste of alcohol, and remains a virgin.

(There was a lot of other stuff in there too, like how much he could squat and what he eats before a workout. But weíre all adults here, letís not kid ourselves.)

Amukamara said he might have a drink someday at his bachelor party, but made a conscious decision as a youth to abstain from alcohol.

ďI grew up Catholic, so it just started out as one of those things. Iíd think, ĎIf I do this, maybe I can get to heaven,í so I said no drinks, no sex, all the big things,Ē Amukamara said. ďAs I grew up, I realized thatís not what itís about. Itís about having a relationship with Jesus. Itís not about ĎDonít do this. Donít do that.í

ďBut still, itís just one of those things I havenít done, and I donít see any benefit to doing it. Youíre always reading about people getting DUIs. So many bad things that happen and wind up in the paper are alcohol-related, so by not drinking, it saves me, my team, and my family a lot of trouble.Ē

Amukamara joked that some people call him ďthe black Tim Tebow,Ē but discussed his choices with no shame. Heís engaged, and said he was hesitant to tell his fiance he was a football player at all.

While his lifestyle choices will make him ripe for mockery by some (the same way A.C. Green became a punchline for declaring himself a virgin during his NBA career), Amukamaraís choices arenít easy ones.

But the challenging and impressive part might be the fact he hasnít made a spectacle of himself by putting them on parade already.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lcohol-or-sex/

vCash
    Good on him for having never spoke about it or made it a spectacle.

vCash
    Alcohol is one thing but you never smashed? Someone throw him in the tub again for that lol

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Alcohol is one thing but you never smashed? Someone throw him in the tub again for that lol
    for real he is football player damn he gets thrown at him every day
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.