Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Fantasy Basketball 2014!!!!

Fantasy basketball's back, *****es!!!!! With training camp nearly upon us, I thought I'd start a thread to begin discussing this season's fantasy basketball league. Last season was fun after a few bumps (and vetoes) at the beginning. I'm wondering what everyone thought of the number of teams, the positions and the scoring. Also, who wants to participate this season and what's a good day for the online draft? Players from last year get first dibs, but I'd like to get some new, more active faces involved as well.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Lakers will make the playoffs this year and my bold prediction is they finish higher than the Rockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    And Lebron puts up great numbers, your right. Debate over. You win. Lebron is the greatest

vCash
    Id love to play again. After the vetoes and rape trades last season I need redemption lol

vCash
    The champ is here... The champ is here.... The champ is here...

I was fine with the scoring. Just got a bit bogged down when a few people quit. I want all actives this year so I can win a championship without an * after it.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Id like to play if possible!

vCash
    I was late to the party last year, but if you have an open spot I would gladly take it.

vCash
    I'm in if there is a spot

vCash
    In, for sure. Last year was really fun. Shame a few quit.

My only suggestion is that we set the team weekly instead of daily, I believe that's one of the reasons they quit last season. Sometimes you don't have time to set the team and you end up leaving some players on the bench, the you start losing.

12 teams is fine, 10 would probably be a better number, but if there are 12 regular posters interested, they should be in.

It's been like half a year, and I still can't believe Sep won.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    yeah sorry been extremely busy with school and work so haven't been on PSD in months. I'm definitely in.
    U MAD LAKERS FANS --- DON'T WORRY THERE'S ALWAYS 2017

SOMETHING TELLS ME DWIGHT HOWARD IS LOVING HIS DECISION RIGHT NOW!!

vCash
    The number of teams definitely will be set at 10 or 12. It just depends on how many active people we can get to sign up. I've already had one non-Rockets fan ask me about participating, but I know he'll be active, and I'm very much considering letting him join. So far, here's the list of interested parties:

1. MBT
    2. sep
    3. edu
    4. WSG
    5. houstonfan
    6. strosfan
    7. Asik
    8. chisox
    9. rico
    10. SI (possibly)

However, I'm warning you guys now. DO NOT join this if you don't plan to be active throughout the season. Even though we had quite a few active teams last year, too many teams bailed like a month or two into the season. If you don't think you can commit an hour or two a week to set your lineup, DO NOT participate.

We do need to work out a few things. First, do we allow for daily roster changes or weekly changes? I've always played with daily in the past, but it could make things easier on some guys to make it weekly, more like in fantasy football. I'd prefer daily, because it allows you to change your lineup if a guy gets injured earlier in the week, but I'm open to change on this.

Also, when do you want to draft? I think Sunday evenings make the most sense. Most of us are home and near our computers anyway since we're watching football and relaxing. I definitely don't want to do Friday and Saturday nights, and different people have different obligations during the week. I've tentatively set the draft for 6 p.m. Oct. 20, but we can move it around as people join and we get an idea of when it works best for everybody.

If I've included you on that list, please send me your email addresses so I can send you an invite. However, please heed my warnings about being active. This league has been a lot of fun the last two years, but I want to maximize the number of active participants to ensure the best competition and the most fun to be had by everybody.

Lakers will make the playoffs this year and my bold prediction is they finish higher than the Rockets.
    And Lebron puts up great numbers, your right. Debate over. You win. Lebron is the greatest

vCash
    I am willing to play as long as you guys need one more manager to signup. I know it is preferable to have all Rockets fans only, so that goal should be the priority at the moment.

I prefer the lineups to be set daily because it is more challenging and requires more activity, but I am fine with weekly as well if you guys are unsure of your activity levels. The date of the league is fine, though I would prefer the time to possibly be pushed up by a few hours to later in the evening.

Regarding the stat categories, I like the stat categories very much. The only difference between the categories of this league and the league that I run is that this league holds turnovers only, while we do turnovers over assists ratio instead.

And as usual, I think live drafts are very fun and am hoping that stays the same here.

vCash
    That draft time sounds good to me. I also can do daily but if it is to hard for some guys we should definitely do weekly.

vCash
    ill be honest, I liked the daily lineups last year for the simple reason of injuries like mbt previously mentioned. Also if for some reason I missed someone not playing thursday and left them in I can still change it up untill the start time with the daily lineup changes.

vCash
    MBT,

I sent you a PM with my email address and thoughts on the league, but since I have never sent a PM before I am not sure
    if you received it. Can you confirm you received the PM?

Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stros1fan View Post
    MBT,

I sent you a PM with my email address and thoughts on the league, but since I have never sent a PM before I am not sure
    if you received it. Can you confirm you received the PM?

Thanks.
    I have received it, dude. Thanks for your input. I'll start sending out emails at some point today to the posters who have responded to me with their email addresses.

vCash
    sorry I'm late. I'm in if spot is open.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast