Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

We all hate Fewell but he isn't the blame....

I hate Fewell and want him fired just as bad as anyone but he doesn't serve the blame, in fact he deserve some credit lol. Here's why:

The gameplan he came in for both game were actually great....

The gameplan against the Cowboys was a great gameplan same with the Broncos, the reason why it failed is because of the OFFENSE. For example

Cowboy game:

We committed 6 turnovers and I bet you you asked yourself how in the world were we still in the game and had a chance to win? Simple, Dez Bryant. Taking away a game changer can do that. If you minus the turnovers in which I believe the Cowboys scored on 4 of them, we held them under 20. And again this is without any kind of QB pressure. He actually played more man in the cowboys game than any other game I've seen. That game we should of easily win, the offense killed us.

Broncos: the game plan the had was great, what the killed it? You guess it the Offense. The Broncos don't trust their running game, even with Knowshon they would rather pass. Fewell goal was to take away the big play simply DT, we had the LB's to cover Julius one on one and leave Terrell Thomas alone with Welker and pray he doesn't get bet which he didn't for the most part. Peyton actually knew it which is way he checked down alot and set up alot of screen plays. Take away the turnovers again we held the Broncos to 20+, the int at the end of the half basically killed our momentum and our chances. We held the broncos to 10 points in the half. Yes we got ran on, why? Because they had the lead and didn't really need to throw the ball. If we had the lead, the gameplan would of worked.

Our offense is killing this team, it's sad to say but David Wilson might be the reason our team is 0-2.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    That's a fair point. This year it seems the failures on D are more about execution. I still don't like his style; the read-and-react crap or the fact that he sticks to it even when his pass rush is failing. Prefer aggressive. BUT he's got solid coverage schemes.

BTW, how great has T2 been? Shut down Welker, reading screens, looks great on blitzes....

Save for a few crappy plays at the wrong time, I think the offensive scheme has been ok, I just don't think its good enough for our pass game weapons. Every on the offensive failures rides on the oline right now. If they can just get some solid run blocking and keep the defense honest, I think our offense would blow up.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Fewell is not to blame but he has to get better. It's hard to give anybody credit when the TEAM is playing so poorly...I like some of what Fewell is doing so far but he has to get more pressure on the QB....he has to SEND THE HOUSE at times....whether it's a LB up the middle or corner blitz or both.

I think we should blitz Herzlich more...make him a QB spy in the next 3 games because of the QBs ability to run. I think Aaron Maybin would be ideal for this but they like Herzlich....got to find out Herzlich strength so he can be productive.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    misfire
    Last edited by schuyler5237; 09-18-2013 at 11:02 PM. Reason: misfire

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    I hate Fewell and want him fired just as bad as anyone but he doesn't serve the blame, in fact he deserve some credit lol. Here's why:

The gameplan he came in for both game were actually great....

The gameplan against the Cowboys was a great gameplan same with the Broncos, the reason why it failed is because of the OFFENSE. For example

Cowboy game:

We committed 6 turnovers and I bet you you asked yourself how in the world were we still in the game and had a chance to win? Simple, Dez Bryant. Taking away a game changer can do that. If you minus the turnovers in which I believe the Cowboys scored on 4 of them, we held them under 20. And again this is without any kind of QB pressure. He actually played more man in the cowboys game than any other game I've seen. That game we should of easily win, the offense killed us.

Broncos: the game plan the had was great, what the killed it? You guess it the Offense. The Broncos don't trust their running game, even with Knowshon they would rather pass. Fewell goal was to take away the big play simply DT, we had the LB's to cover Julius one on one and leave Terrell Thomas alone with Welker and pray he doesn't get bet which he didn't for the most part. Peyton actually knew it which is way he checked down alot and set up alot of screen plays. Take away the turnovers again we held the Broncos to 20+, the int at the end of the half basically killed our momentum and our chances. We held the broncos to 10 points in the half. Yes we got ran on, why? Because they had the lead and didn't really need to throw the ball. If we had the lead, the gameplan would of worked.

Our offense is killing this team, it's sad to say but David Wilson might be the reason our team is 0-2.
    The Offense has been too inconsistant...for the second consecutive year. I have not had any issues with the play calling. The team has been moving the ball. They have had to rely on the passing game due to the crappy run blocking. The sad thing is that we can't even blame it on Diehl either. OL and DL were two of the things this team prided itself with, now they are both just an afterthought.

vCash
    #1 Culprit is the offensive line

#2 Culprit is no pass rush

The stout DL needs to cause havoc. All these high draft choices, all this cash, all these free agents, etc is so the DL hits the QB. The DL is not hitting the QB. Fewell is at fault for that. If he wants to runs his ridiculous scheme then the Giants shouldn't be allocating all this cash to the DL. It's a waste of money

yes, the OL is at fault but they don't have any talent in the first place. They have overpaid Snee and Bass with Pugh (who is likely a Center), playing RT.

The OL stinks so it's tough blame them while the DL is stout so we have to blame Fewell.

Reese gets blame for the OL.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Just bring some pressure from the LB spot and corner blitzes and get the dline fired up. Everyone knows football is just about emotion and momentum. If they stuff our front four rushing only 4 for the first quarter they have no emotion/energy.

vCash
    So we're just going to ignore the fact that the Broncos had the ball on our 1 yard line and fumbled it

Obviously everyone is to blame just not Fewell..

vCash
    Problems are everywhere for G-Men. OL is atrocious and should've been addressed more aggressively in off-season and/or draft. LB is still atrocious and also should've been more aggressively addressed in offseason/draft. Have a few key injuries on D. Our DEs flat out suck, the read and react scheme is useless when your DEs and DL don't get pressure, and our CBs can't be expected to run around with WEs forever.

Finally, and I will likely get killed for pointing out the big pink elephant in the room but the most stressful issue is that Eli's abilities have really fallen off a cliff. His decisions suck and his INTs are far too many last three years for money he makes and expectations and talent around him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Just bring some pressure from the LB spot and corner blitzes and get the dline fired up. Everyone knows football is just about emotion and momentum. If they stuff our front four rushing only 4 for the first quarter they have no emotion/energy.
    How about just attacking with the front four? Do you realize how often the design is for the DE's to just jam the tackle, stand straight up and try to read the play? Heck, you can read JPP's stance when he's not coming.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    This is the most atrocious display by a so-called OL I've ever seen. How is it that all the fans knew we needed more than 1 addition (Pugh). Our OL is old and broken down. 6 sacks in the first half of this CAR game is painful to watch.

On a brighter note, our Secondary looks fantastic today. Ross has done a great job.

vCash
    Ok I left out a thought....how is it that all the fans knew we needed more than 1 new OL and the team didn't? Don't we all watch the same games?

vCash
    its just time to rebuild playoffs 1 time last 4 years yes we won sb, but this team has been pretty bad after this year playoffs 1 time last 5 years.

Reese has been a draft wizard, but lately his picks havent looked that great. Wilson looks like a bust Pugh doesnt look that good either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AllNYAlldaTime View Post
    Problems are everywhere for G-Men. OL is atrocious and should've been addressed more aggressively in off-season and/or draft. LB is still atrocious and also should've been more aggressively addressed in offseason/draft. Have a few key injuries on D. Our DEs flat out suck, the read and react scheme is useless when your DEs and DL don't get pressure, and our CBs can't be expected to run around with WEs forever.

Finally, and I will likely get killed for pointing out the big pink elephant in the room but the most stressful issue is that Eli's abilities have really fallen off a cliff. His decisions suck and his INTs are far too many last three years for money he makes and expectations and talent around him.
    I agree that Eli doesn't look the same lately, but he has no protection. This O-Line is probably one of the worst that I have seen in a long while. What makes matters worse is the fact that we drafted a running back that cannot block to save his life.
    We need to blame Jerry Reese. He has neglected the fact that we needed an o-line or linebacker for at least 2 years now.

This really just makes me sick to my stomach to see this…

vCash
    Reese just drafted an olineman in the first round lol he just doesnt look good it isnt like he purposely neglected oline. He said himself LB isnt a big deal to him we won sbs without it so it isnt a point of emphasis for him. We do need a pass rush tho without that we are nothing