Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jets should try to trade for Justin Blackmon

Lol at the notion we'd give up our top pick from 1 year ago for a 3rd and 5th. Keep dreaming. The guy put up 900 yds as a rookie after an insanely slow start and Chad Henne/Gabbert as his QBs. He's gonna be a really really good seat for a long time
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNev View Post
    Lol at the notion we'd give up our top pick from 1 year ago for a 3rd and 5th. Keep dreaming. The guy put up 900 yds as a rookie after an insanely slow start and Chad Henne/Gabbert as his QBs. He's gonna be a really really good seat for a long time
    You'd think they wouldn't. But you never know. You're not the gm. Maybe they are tired of his off the field issues. It happens all the time. But you're right in a sense. If I were the gm of the Jags I would never pull the trigger on that deal.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Marquis Lee is a superb athlete, runs a 4.45 and an incredible leaper, accelerates quickly and can make a difficult catch.

The guy reminds me of Jeremy Maclin.
    Exactly, Jeremy Maclin has never been close to a number 1 wide receiver.
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Man I'm glad you are not running the team. Using height to justify? C'mon man. Evans is more like a tight end... I'd even take Watkins over him.
    And I'd take Watkins over Lee. In seeing Evans on Youtube, he's too lumbering for my taste and we're talking about a #1 here. We already have our big target in Hill. I'm not saying you can't have two tall WR's but I'd like a little more speed than what Evans possesses.
    Watkins has got some afterburner jets. I believe he will outrun Lee at the combine - he's seems to be a little bit better athlete from what I've seen. A long way to go to start comparing.

vCash
    This isn't Madden. Justin Blackmon and Kenny Britt are exactly the type of players the Jets need to avoid. We've already been burned by high-talent, low-character guys enough times. See: Holmes, Santonio; Goodson, Mike. I know this team needs talent in the worst way, but bringing in guys like this just perpetuates the circus.

Quality receivers are to be had via the draft, the Jets just do a piss poor job evaluating them.
    The Packers, for example: Jordy Nelson (2nd round), Randall Cobb (2nd round), James Jones (3rd round).
    Oh, and that doesn't include other guys they drafted like Greg Jennings (2nd round) or Donald Driver (7th round).

Who do the Jets get with a second rounder? The inexperienced, raw but 'athletic', Stephen "Stone Hands" Hill. To find out Rex wanted Russell Wilson with that pick, and Mr. T trumped him by drafting Hill, is seriously disturbing. The 2012 draft was extremely thin at WR but for perspective, the Giants nabbed Randle 20 picks later and the Colts got T.Y. Hilton 60 picks later. Hindsight is always 20/20 but curse you, Mr. T!
    Last edited by GriffKnowsBest; 09-19-2013 at 12:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GriffKnowsBest View Post
    This isn't Madden. Justin Blackmon and Kenny Britt are exactly the type of players the Jets need to avoid. We've already been burned by high-talent, low-character guys enough times. See: Holmes, Santonio; Goodson, Mike. I know this team needs talent in the worst way, but bringing in guys like this just perpetuates the circus.

Quality receivers are to be had via the draft, the Jets just do a piss poor job evaluating them.
    The Packers, for example: Jordy Nelson (2nd round), Randall Cobb (2nd round), James Jones (3rd round).
    Oh, and that doesn't include other guys they drafted like Greg Jennings (2nd round) or Donald Driver (7th round).

Who do the Jets get with a second rounder? The inexperienced, raw but 'athletic', Stephen "Stone Hands" Hill. To find out Rex wanted Russell Wilson with that pick, and Mr. T trumped him by drafting Hill, is seriously disturbing.
    Get it? hey I still have hope for Hill. It usually takes receivers 3 years to get acclimated to the NFL game. He's only in year 2. As of right now he's on pace for 80 catches and 1,000 yards. That probably won't happen but there's still some promise there. He obviously needs to work on the drops. At this point it has to be mental. His hands are good enough. Like that catch against the Pats that the refs initially ruled it hit the ground. He caught that falling to his knees with nothing but his finger tips! The talent is there. Give it time.

vCash
    Oh, you went there.

Edit: I went there? We went there?!

vCash
    In other words, we need to be the GB Packers. Got it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Santonio Holmes would be another comp, except Lee is a better deep threat.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Wrong, Maclin has been the #1 WR on the Eagles for a while now. He's clearly better than his counterpart DeSean. I would love having Maclin on the Jets.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYflightboy View Post
    Get it? hey I still have hope for Hill. It usually takes receivers 3 years to get acclimated to the NFL game. He's only in year 2. As of right now he's on pace for 80 catches and 1,000 yards. That probably won't happen but there's still some promise there. He obviously needs to work on the drops. At this point it has to be mental. His hands are good enough. Like that catch against the Pats that the refs initially ruled it hit the ground. He caught that falling to his knees with nothing but his finger tips! The talent is there. Give it time.
    How were we burned by either one? There is no risk involved. They didn't burn us for anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    How were we burned by either one? There is no risk involved. They didn't burn us for anything.
    I have no idea what you're referring to.

vCash
    And I would say DeSean Jackson and Maclin are 1 and 1a They usually get around the same targets and their stats are pretty similar so far. DeSean is definitely the better deep threat of the two though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    Wrong, Maclin has been the #1 WR on the Eagles for a while now. He's clearly better than his counterpart DeSean. I would love having Maclin on the Jets.
    Wrong. Their career numbers speak for themselves, Jeremy has never even had a 1000 yard season. Desean has had 2 and is leading the NFL in receiving this year with Maclin out for the year. Look at numbers before you disagree with something.
    THE GOAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYflightboy View Post
    And I would say DeSean Jackson and Maclin are 1 and 1a They usually get around the same targets and their stats are pretty similar so far. DeSean is definitely the better deep threat of the two though.
    Why don't people think before they recite bs? Its not even close, Maclin has a had 1 900 plus yard season in his career and desean has had 4. he's also leading the league in yards currently. maclin is a solid number 2.
    THE GOAT

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast