Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Agent Zero Returning ?

vCash
    He's only 31. I think he could be a great backup. Could you imagine the Clippers with Chris Paul, Darren Collison, Jamal Crawford, J.J. Redick, Gilbert Arenas and more in their back court?

vCash
    He will never be Agent Zero or The Hibachi ever again.... so it doesn't matter if Gilbert Arenas is returning.

vCash
    I'd love him as our 3rd stringer with a chance to become a fantastic bench player. Still young and really put in work this summer. Arenas>>Wayns as a 3rd string PG.

vCash
    BTW the Clippers organization has done a FANTASTIC job not only recruiting but allowing NBA players from all other teams to use their best in the league practice facility all summer long. Kris Humphries this week said all summer he was in LA running pickup games at the facility with sometimes up to 25 NBA players running on both courts. They also got access to food and medical treatment.

That's how this Arenas thing came about because he's been playing in the practice facility for two months with our guys. No other team in the NBA has a situation like this and it's going to go a long way in the future in luring players during free agency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    He will never be Agent Zero or The Hibachi ever again.... so it doesn't matter if Gilbert Arenas is returning.
    If was to the heat as a 3rd guard you would care

vCash
    He's really only 31?? Wow. Hope he makes it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    I'd love him as our 3rd stringer with a chance to become a fantastic bench player. Still young and really put in work this summer. Arenas>>Wayns as a 3rd string PG.
    31 isn't young and its not like he's been injury free throughout his career

vCash
    BTW the Clippers organization has done a FANTASTIC job not only recruiting but allowing NBA players from all other teams to use their best in the league practice facility all summer long. Kris Humphries this week said all summer he was in LA running pickup games at the facility with sometimes up to 25 NBA players running on both courts. They also got access to food and medical treatment.

That's how this Arenas thing came about because he's been playing in the practice facility for two months with our guys. No other team in the NBA has a situation like this and it's going to go a long way in the future in luring players during free agency.
    I have a hard time believing the clippers organization has done something good but if it true thats legit of them to offer that to nba players that's above and beyond

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I have a hard time believing the clippers organization has done something good but if it true thats legit of them to offer that to nba players that's above and beyond
    http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/...r-raising-game

"That's why Humphries, 28, wanted the challenge of matching up against Griffin and other stars, notably at his position, this summer at the Clippers' center, which has become the No. 1 destination for all-NBA pickup games. Because many players reside in L.A. during the offseason, the Clippers' situation has become increasingly attractive for its very closed-door nature -- even player reps are not allowed inside -- and full health amenities as the team's training staff and facilities are available.

Not only did Humphries go head-to-head consistently with Griffin and Warriors All-Star David Lee, but he also ran pick-and-rolls with Olympians James Harden and Carmelo Anthony. Humphries also played with All-Star Kyrie Irving, DeMar DeRozan, DeAndre Jordan, Metta World Peace, Darren Collison and Matt Barnes, among many other veterans.

Starting with Griffin, the star-studded talent on the floor helped Humphries.

We were running on two courts, sometimes 25 NBA players in the gym. To be able to have that kind of competition is great."

vCash
    31 isn't young and its not like he's been injury free throughout his career
    Good point "young" in terms of NBA terms was used too freely by me for a guy who's had major injuries as you said. I suppose I just mean young enough to where if he buys into a bench role 100 percent, keeps working his *** off and gets a chance.. he can find a niche.

vCash
    I wish him well, used to be a solid offensive player. Doesn't he have a pending criminal case? doubt he gets jail time but clippers would be wise to let it play out first

http://www.tmz.com/2013/09/05/gilber...rks-jail-time/
    Last edited by therealwd27; 09-17-2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: wanted to post link

You mad Bill?!

Let's Go HEAT!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123 View Post
    If was to the heat as a 3rd guard you would care
    No, especially on the HEAT I wouldn't care.

Oden is in the same boat, but I am more hopeful with him because he would have a clear defined role and he doesn't have to add much, just something better than Joel Anthony.

Arenas can still be a solid NBA player, but its no longer news worthy for him to get signed.

vCash

I didn't know teams could open up the facilities for players under contact from other teams. I don't have a problem with it, but it does add to the advantage big markets already have in the recruitment of future fa's

Grizz: Titans: UK BBall: APSU BBall:
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post
    I didn't know teams could open up the facilities for players under contact from other teams. I don't have a problem with it, but it does add to the advantage big markets already have in the recruitment of future fa's
    You see my link above? 25+ NBA players at once including multiple all stars. That leads me to believe it's not against rules or it would have been stopped by now. A majority of players spend their offseason in LA anyways.

Have you seen Playa Vista by any chance? Two full NBA regulation basketball courts, executive offices, digital-video center, movie theater, full cafeteria with full time chefs, weight room and other training facilities in 42,500 square feet. I believe it's still the newest, biggest and most advanced training center. It's only 5 years old and Donald paid about 60 million to build it.

It's no surprise that every free agent that comes here the last few years lists the practice facility as a big reason.

This clip kinda shows just how big it is.. but not much revealed. Couple years ago STH's got a tour and some posted videos which I can't find anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7bss0Z4OZ4
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 09-18-2013 at 02:20 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast