• Jordan Eberle

0 0%
  • Other (Who?)

1 4.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mvp

vCash

Mvp

Posted the Calder thread so now it's this one. I'm doing forwards only, so this is kind of a prediction for Art/MVP. Only forwards generally win this award based on goaltender's posting legendary statistics in the past, being the most valuable, and not winning.

Who do you got?

vCash
    Sid's going to stay healthy this year and run away with these awards. Its time for him to stay healthy. Last season he missed 12 games and lost the Art Ross by 4 points. He's ridiculous.

Runner up will be John Tavares

vCash
    If Crosby is healthy, there is no better player in the game, but if Stamkos scores 60 goals again it could get interesting.

vCash
    If Sids healthy, its him... by a mile. If he's not healthy, I'd pick Geno.

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsa592 View Post
    If Sids healthy, its him... by a mile. If he's not healthy, I'd pick Geno.
    Yup pretty much this too. Evgeni Malkin is similar to Henrik Zetterberg, but better. By this I'm meaning when Datsyuk is out, Zetty plays his best hockey. It's the same case in Pittsburgh. When Sidney goes out, Malkin goes from a PPG player to about a 110 point player a season. His game is all-around better.

It's really hard to predict though with Sidney Crosby always facing a serious injury each season. If he's healthy for 82 games, then I really think he coudl hit 125 points.

vCash
    Ovechkin repeats. Wins his 4th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlznerson View Post
    Ovechkin repeats. Wins his 4th.
    I'm going to be honest when I say I'd be shocked. Despite winning it last year, I don't think I have him in my top 4-ish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I'm going to be honest when I say I'd be shocked. Despite winning it last year, I don't think I have him in my top 4-ish.
    I'm being an obvious homer but I'd also be shocked if Crosby plays a full season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe:27062021
    Sid's going to stay healthy this year and run away with these awards. Its time for him to stay healthy. Last season he missed 12 games and lost the Art Ross by 4 points. He's ridiculous.

Runner up will be John Tavares
    Whoa! Its a wild McJoe... The rarest of the rare!

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlznerson View Post
    I'm being an obvious homer but I'd also be shocked if Crosby plays a full season.
    same

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash

Mvp

It's gonna be Sid and its gonna be Sid by a landslide if he stays healthy.

I can see Lindqvist being a dark horse if he puts up big numbers in AVs new system... But more realistically I see Tavares silencing the haters and placing second.

OV seems to be coming back around the bend so I would throw him ahead of Hank too.
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post

I can see Lindqvist being a dark horse if he puts up big numbers in AVs new system... But more realistically I see Tavares silencing the haters and placing second.

OV seems to be coming back around the bend so I would throw him ahead of Hank too.
    It's not going to be Henrik Lundqvist.. Tim Thomas' 10/11 season was one of the greatest seasons in history by a goaltender. He posted absolute HOF worthy numbers and I don't think he got a nomination.

It doesn't go to forwards or defenseman. This thread says MVP but it's still more so best forward of the year or so. I don't know how to say it.

John Tavares is interesting. He posted I think one point under a PPG last season, and I think his team is pretty similar. I don't see him hitting 90 points this season, likely high 80s. Each season we seem to have that one scorer that hits that high 90s or 100 number. I really think we could see Steven Stamkos jump up and hit 100 points, possibly Malkin, and so on.

I don't think Tavares gets a nomination.

My darkhorse is Phil Kessel. I could see him hitting 95 points, and absolutely putting Toronto on his back, AGAIN.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss:27069293

It's not going to be Henrik Lundqvist.. Tim Thomas' 10/11 season was one of the greatest seasons in history by a goaltender. He posted absolute HOF worthy numbers and I don't think he got a nomination.

It doesn't go to forwards or defenseman. This thread says MVP but it's still more so best forward of the year or so. I don't know how to say it.

John Tavares is interesting. He posted I think one point under a PPG last season, and I think his team is pretty similar. I don't see him hitting 90 points this season, likely high 80s. Each season we seem to have that one scorer that hits that high 90s or 100 number. I really think we could see Steven Stamkos jump up and hit 100 points, possibly Malkin, and so on.

My darkhorse is Phil Kessel. I could see him hitting 95 points, and absolutely putting Toronto on his back, AGAIN.
    Kessel has too many goal scoring droughts to get points at that pace over a 82 game season. There is no way he hits 95 pts.

If Sid stays healthy for atleast 90 percent of the season he will win it in a landslide. Nobody on the planet is even close to Sid...nobody.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi:27070435
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss:27069293

Kessel has too many goal scoring droughts to get points at that pace over a 82 game season. There is no way he hits 95 pts.

If Sid stays healthy for atleast 90 percent of the season he will win it in a landslide. Nobody on the planet is even close to Sid...nobody.
    I agree with both points made. Kessel is far too inconsistent for that kind of production. And I'll even one up on did and say if he plays at least 65 games (roughly 75% of the season) he'll deservingly win the award

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Johnny T. Guy carried his team to the playoffs last year, deserved it over Ovechkin IMO. He is going to put up over 90 points this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast