Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who gets the credit for having the No.1 rushing attack in the league after week 2?

I like to think it's Pryor, his ability opens up the running game in other areas. But after coming into the season with th e"worst O-lines" in the league....it's fun watching commentators squirm for answers and jump on the leg like a horn dog. "Oh this O line is big and strong".

Unfortunately we are ranked 29th in passing. Teams are gonna start stacking the box and Pryor is gonna have to open up the passing game quickly.

vCash
    Honestly, I want to see Pryor start throwing. I was frustrated that they stopped him from throwing a lot more consistently yesterday. Yesterday was the perfect day for Pryor to practice being a passer and they passed that up. He needs the practice too because yes, teams will stack the box and dare him to throw. Yesterday was the perfect time to try to pick apart a defense through the air.

Pryor actually dropped back and scanned the entire field like a normal QB. (even though few throws were late)That tipped and dropped pass to Brice Butler was a thing of beauty. Paul Posluszny made one heck of a play. What a dive man.
    Last edited by Nets/Raiders!; 09-16-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nets/Raiders! View Post
    Honestly, I want to see Pryor start throwing. I was frustrated that they stopped him from throwing a lot more consistently yesterday. Pryor actually dropped back and scanned the entire field like a normal QB. (even though few throws were late)That tipped and dropped pass to Brice Butler was a thing of beauty. Paul Posluszny made one heck of a play. What a dive man.
    The one over the middle at the end of the first half? He missed Butler by 10 yards or more, it was a hideous throw.

-Stork

vCash
    who gets the credit ? Ah , maybe some goes to the miserable team called the Jaguars , but look the OL played solid again , they did in Indy , except this game vs Jax , Nix who subsequently left with injury or whatever it was , he missed a huge block when TP ran with the ball and if Nix makes that Block TP would of surely had at the least a 1st down and probably a TD !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    The one over the middle at the end of the first half? He missed Butler by 10 yards or more, it was a hideous throw.

-Stork
    for the touchdown? seemed to be like it was a bullet headed straight for a sliding Butler but was slightly tipped and changed its course. Check again, we may be talking about two different plays.

vCash
    I think Pryor's 100 plus yards the first game on the ground had a lot to do with it. The Jags D helped out a bit as well.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Pryor. McFadden needs to have 3-4 good games in a row to give me the slightest hope in home. And that will be very little hope indeed. I'm just happy our Defense looks hungry. Big test this week.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    I think we'll get a good idea of how good our running attack is after next week. I look forward for other teams to stack the box. Maybe we'll finally get one on one with our receivers. I'm still concerned about Moore. But for sure, it's all TP that's freeing up the running game.

vCash
    for the touchdown? seemed to be like it was a bullet headed straight for a sliding Butler but was slightly tipped and changed its course. Check again, we may be talking about two different plays.
    Yeah, if I recall, there were two throws down by the endzone - one looked like a total misfire, the other was on target but tipped.

The passing game in general needs drastic improvement, regardless.

In regards to the running game, let's first credit the OL. They've far exceeded expectations thus far, and a drastic improvement is likely when Veldheer and Watson get healthy. Secondly, give a ton of credit to OL coach Tony Sporano, who appears to be worth his salary and then some.

Pryor also deserves credit. His ability to effectively sell a fake - that he's running left, for example, after he's handed off to the right - can help to freeze the LB's and S's, and that split second can be enough to give DMC a small crack that springs him loose.
    Last edited by Shred003; 09-16-2013 at 05:43 PM.

vCash
    I'll give the credit to Olsen. Thank the Lord that Knapp time isn't back in action.

vCash
    I think we're talking about the same play. I can find nothing to back me up (video or text) so maybe I'm wrong. But I remember Butler running a post and breaking wide open. He was forced to slow, slide and reach back because the ball was low and late. So late, the linebacker was able to get a hand on it.

From where I was sitting, he missed him by a very wide margin.

If you can find something on it, please share it. If I'm wrong I'd like to know. Lol, I was rather irritated going into the half.

-Stork

vCash

Who gets the credit for having the No.1 rushing attack in the league after week 2?

I'm not a glass half empty person so I'll take the good rushing numbers any day. That being said, I'd rather see our passing game get on track. Lets face it, the NFL is a passing league. The rules are set up as such. Once teams get more film on TP they'll just start stacking the box and forcing him to throw. Will he be able to make the throws to keep defenses honest? That will determine a lot. BTW, DA should give more PT to Brice Butler. He and Streater can catch the rock. D Moore is dropping way too many catchable balls...TP needs as much help as he can get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I think we're talking about the same play. I can find nothing to back me up (video or text) so maybe I'm wrong. But I remember Butler running a post and breaking wide open. He was forced to slow, slide and reach back because the ball was low and late. So late, the linebacker was able to get a hand on it.

From where I was sitting, he missed him by a very wide margin.

If you can find something on it, please share it. If I'm wrong I'd like to know. Lol, I was rather irritated going into the half.

-Stork

I saw the play, from my perspective the pass was accurate but it was late. So late that the linebacker got back into position and deflected it. When TP is decisive his throws are so much better, as with most QBs.

vCash
    ^ He threw the ball low and it was tipped by a defender.

It must've looked much worse @ the game. The announcer made it sound like the worst decision ever, as well. From the looks of it on TV, it looked as if it was thrown high, then the safety would've killed Butler. I thought it was on target until it was tipped. If it wasn't tipped, it would've been a TD.

We also didn't get to see how open he was out of the break towards the post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Yeah, if I recall, there were two throws down by the endzone - one looked like a total misfire, the other was on target but tipped.

The passing game in general needs drastic improvement, regardless.

In regards to the running game, let's first credit the OL. They've far exceeded expectations thus far, and a drastic improvement is likely when Veldheer and Watson get healthy. Secondly, give a ton of credit to OL coach Tony Sporano, who appears to be worth his salary and then some.

Pryor also deserves credit. His ability to effectively sell a fake - that he's running left, for example, after he's handed off to the right - can help to freeze the LB's and S's, and that split second can be enough to give DMC a small crack that springs him loose.
    You're right. Sparano is doing it big right now and that's more than what I can say for Frank Pollack last year. (not his fault, wrong roster for different scheme, good coach).

When Veldheer and Watson return, I cannot tell you how amped I will be.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast