1 5.00%
  • Nichushkin

2 10.00%
  • Other (Who?)

5 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Rookie Of The Year

Any predictions? I don't think anybody had Jonas Brodin, Brandon Saad and Brendan Gallagher all up there last season. Here's a few of the big dogs.

Seth Jones - Nashville

Alexsander Barkov - Florida

Morgan Rielly - Toronto

Nathan MacKinnon - Colorado

Jonathan Drouin - Tampa Bay

Mark Schefiele - Winnipeg

Matt Dumba - Minnesota

Jacob Trouba - Winnipeg

Valeri Nichushkin - Dallas

Torey Krug - Boston

Ryan Murray - Columbus
    Last edited by BranWingss; 09-16-2013 at 02:40 PM.

vCash
    Morgan Rielly (Homer pick)

Valeri Nichushkin (Big fan of his)

vCash
    Year of the defenseman, which makes this hard. Too bad a certain winger in Calgary and Florida were not eligible. I think they would have been my favourites.

Jonathan Drouin will likely be in the top six, which is a very skilled top six with Malone, Stamkos, Purcell, St. Louis, and Filppula. That's not a bad top six to be a part of. I could see him punching in 50, possibly 60 points which could lead scoring.

Seth Jones on the other hand is playing on a great team for a defenseman. A Josi, Klein, Weber and Joines top four really has it all. Jones should be getting PP time and could punch in 35-40 points which could make him a contender here.

Mark Schefiele has been slotted with Devin Setoguchi and Evander Kane in camp. The line has done well, but from what I've heard is, Schef is a bit behind these guys. He'll have his chances, but I just don't think he's ready to be a legit top six forward at this point, though he'll most likely play there.

Just looking at all of the picks, there really isn't a legit top tier contender here. Here's my nominations, in order, with 1 being the winner.

1. Jonathan Drouin
    2. Seth Jones
    3. Ryan Murray

vCash
    MacKinnon is still my pick, though ice time may hold him back, another sleeper candidate is Nick Bjustad of the Panthers. If he centers a line between Barkov and Huberdeau then watch out.

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    Mckinnon or Jones... If they play in the NHL.

vCash
    Chris Kreider could probably enter that list as well. Its hard to pick a winner because some may not even make the teams but I think Kreider has a good chance of starting the year on the top line with Nash and Stepan/Richards so for that I homerlike pick him. If Drouin lands with stamkos and st.louis he will win it in a landslide though imo.
    Last edited by bsi; 09-16-2013 at 11:39 PM.

vCash
    Unless Kreider improves leaps and bounds from last year, he won't even come close to being in talks for this award. I don't mean to hate on him but he's not even close to most of these top tier rookies. I'm going to go with Drouin because he will most likely end up with Stamkos and St. Louis at some point during the season, and should benefit greatly from that. Mackinnon will most likely center the third line all year in Colorado. My second pick would probably be Jones, seeing that he could be paired with Weber.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Kuznetsov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    Unless Kreider improves leaps and bounds from last year, he won't even come close to being in talks for this award. I don't mean to hate on him but he's not even close to most of these top tier rookies. I'm going to go with Drouin because he will most likely end up with Stamkos and St. Louis at some point during the season, and should benefit greatly from that. Mackinnon will most likely center the third line all year in Colorado. My second pick would probably be Jones, seeing that he could be paired with Weber.
    Colorado up front looks stacked. I think it's something like

•Ryan O’Reilly — Matt Duchene — P.A. Parenteau
    •Gabe Landeskog — Paul Stastny — Alex Tanguay
    •Jamie McGinn — Nathan MacKinnon — Steve Downie

vCash
    Zemgus Girgensons

vCash
    MacKinnon will be the best player outta this draft but he wont get the ice time like guys like Drouin, Jones or Barkov will get.

1. Barkov
    2. Drouin
    3. MacKinnon
    4. Jones

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jon32 View Post
    MacKinnon will be the best player outta this draft but he wont get the ice time like guys like Drouin, Jones or Barkov will get.

1. Barkov
    2. Drouin
    3. MacKinnon
    4. Jones
    I don't know what makes you so certain of the that. The top four is very close, and there's a reason why Seth Jones was ranked the #1 North American skater. Each player has crazy potential, and their surroundings seem correct.

Nathan MacKinnon is playing with an up and coming franchise. Paul Stastny IMO is gone within two years and you have a great 1-2 punch with Matt Duchene if Ryan O'Rielly remains on the wing. You've got a potential return of the Avs (not where they once were) but a playoff team with players like Gabe Landeskog and Tyson Barrie there.

Jonathan Drouin is playing on an offensive team with one of the best players in the NHL Steven Stamkos and then Martin St. Louis (currently better than Stammer). Marty will be gone soon, and you then have a line of Drouin and Stammer for years to come. You've still got some interesting kids there like Victor Hedman and Brett Connolly.

Seth Jones is in a perfect place. He'll likely be seeing minutes with Shea Weber or Kevin Klein. He's on a team with great development, more so on the backend. It's a defenseman's dream. They can use anything. He'll get a shot to be great there. Look at some of the players that Nashville developed. Shea Weber, currently a top three defenseman and has been for many years. Dan Hamhuis was a #3 there, developed there, and is now Vancouver's #1. Ryan Suter was developed there, and was just nominated for the Norris.

Alexsander Barkov is the one that I know the least about. He's NHL ready now though, from what I've heard. Posted great numbers in a Men's league in Finland. Has a fantastic offensive upside, though I do not know much about him defensively. He's playing on a rising team of sorts, with fantastic prospects. You have Jonathan Huberdeau, Erik Gudbranson, Jacob Markstrom, and so much more.

vCash
    Assuming Jonathan Drouin makes the Lightning, he's probably the favourite. He could EASILY put up 50 points playing with the second line and if he gets a shot on the top line, we could see him REALLY explode. The Calder Trophy winner last year was Huberdeau at .65 PPG (53.3 over 82 game season), previous year was Landeskog at .63 PPG, then Skinner before that at .77. The previous 2 winners were Myers and Mason and before that it was Kane, Malkin, and Ovie. Its USUALLY the top scorer, and Drouin will be the top scorer.

vCash
    Strome... Donovan, ton of homer picks on my Islanders if they can make the team.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Drouin. Mackinnon isn't playing with the biggest playmakers like Johhnny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast