Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Is Shanny the right coach for RGIII

Simple question is Shanny the right fit for RGIII. I watch and wonder if RGIII would do better with one of these read option minded coaches. Shanny is kinda old school. I know he was a bit more flexible last year but it looks like tgis year that Shanny will want RGIII to stay home more and become more of pocket passer instead of coaching him into learning to play safer and protect his body but still use his running skill.

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Maybe? Lol.

I see your point but I can see him doing it this way might be right too.

Future Packer Guaranteed!

vCash
    Shanny isn't the right coach for anyone.... except maybe a pee wee league team.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    Lynch gets stronger as the season progresses and he makes love with the lights on. Lynch has been involved in 4 three ways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You ever noticed how his one eye always looks bigger than the other one.

vCash
    Shanny put him in dangerous situations last year RG3 can't be running all game and expect to last in this league. It's why guys like Skip are retarded for saying colts should have taken him. I love his talent but to already get such a major injury so little into his career is just scary. He's just got to be patient and don't force the issue continue to stay in the pocket and at most just do like Play action roll outs and stuff like that.

But to answer your question it's a hard one for his skill set Shanny is a great coach for him but to last in his career they might want to make a switch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    You ever noticed how his one eye always looks bigger than the other one. He's like that dog from Duck Hunt
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs43/f/20...luigigal94.jpg

I see what RG3 is doing with Shanny's heart.
    Lynch gets stronger as the season progresses and he makes love with the lights on. Lynch has been involved in 4 three ways.

vCash
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs43/f/20...luigigal94.jpg

I see what RG3 is doing with Shanny's heart.
    Or was it the ducks that had one huge eye? I can't remember. lol

Duck Hunt was BA though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Or was it the ducks that had one huge eye? I can't remember. lol

Duck Hunt was BA though.
    They don't make games that engaging anymore.

vCash
    They don't make games that engaging anymore.
    The only game where the cheat code was sitting closer to the screen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37:27053142
    Shanny was great for Elway. He completely turned around his career. I think he would have done wonders for Cutler but was not given the chance. I used to love Shanny but he got to proud and full of himself. I just dlnt know if there is a place for Shanny in todays NFL. RGIII is not Elway or Cutler. They are just different kind of QBs.

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.

vCash
    I actually think the total opposite. I think Shanny is a great coach for him. I agree that he isn't maximizing his short term potential - he's developing him instead. Look what happened to RGIII last year... he got hurt. If he keeps playing like that he's never going to be someone a team can count on because the injury risk is too high. He needs to become a better pocket passer, even if that isn't what he's best at right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    Shanny was great for Elway. He completely turned around his career. I think he would have done wonders for Cutler but was not given the chance. I used to love Shanny but he got to proud and full of himself. I just dlnt know if there is a place for Shanny in todays NFL. RGIII is not Elway or Cutler. They are just different kind of QBs.
    Shanny and Cutty would've been the best coach-QB combo in the league. Fact.

(that said, I'm pretty happy to have Cutty with Tresty).

vCash
    I think Shanny actually is a really good coach for him considering he put him in position to succeed last year; but he's not good for his long term durability. And I guarantee the only reason he's staying in the pocket as much as he has been is because he's not fully ready. Once Shanny thinks RG3 can run the ball like he did last year he'll be calling options 15-20 times per game.

vCash
    Simple question is Shanny the right fit for RGIII. I watch and wonder if RGIII would do better with one of these read option minded coaches. Shanny is kinda old school. I know he was a bit more flexible last year but it looks like tgis year that Shanny will want RGIII to stay home more and become more of pocket passer instead of coaching him into learning to play safer and protect his body but still use his running skill.
    Uhh Mike Shanahan and RG3 started the read option trend last season...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shareeb_omac2:27054471
    Uhh Mike Shanahan and RG3 started the read option trend last season...
    Right but will he stay with it. I was under the impression that the long term was to get away from it.

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast