Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is Denver a trap game?

I know we got a ugly win against a very bad team today, but can we win on Monday?
    Denver probably will take this game very lightly, and the Raiders will be fired up. Our Defense played with heart, and might be able to do enough to win. I am probably very wrong, but also have a feeling that we can play a lot better than we did today.

I know we only had one touchdown, but we ran a VERY conservative offense. They called plays that would not lose the game.

Our defense played with fire! We got to the quaterback with ease. I know Manning and Henne are night and day, but the Jags do have a decent O-Line.

McFadden has the Donks number! In his history, he has tore them up. Judging by today, he could do it again.

I know it might be wishful thinking as I will be there, and it is my first Raiders game, but is it a possibility? I sure hope so!

vCash
    Not a classic trap game as I don't see them looking ahead to Philly.

And Fox will be smart enough to not let them overlook a division rival....especially us.

-Stork

vCash
    Not a chance.

No NFL team is overlooked as an opponent anymore. Denver with study this team and game plan on how to pick them apart.

vCash
    I don't even believe in trap games.
    Can we come out with a win-yes
    Chances of coming out with a win-not to high.To beat the broncos they have to attain long drives and kill the clock.Putting a field goal every drive wont do anything.

vCash
    A 'trap' game?

No - and even if they don't pay attention in practice / meetings and show up half-drunk, they'll win, IMO. Denver looks like a budding juggernaut for as long as they have a healthy Manning.

* Or, should I say, they'll be damned tough to beat in the regular season.

vCash
    nope..monday night at their house...they will be looking to embarass us on national tv...we make it a close game...we can gain another moral victory imo...i dont want our defense to let that *** hat manning go nutz..and i dont wanna see moreno have any success....

vCash
    Not a chance. We played Indy close, but the Dolphins (another bad team) managed to pull out the win against them. Then we played ugly against a team that the Chiefs destroyed. Couldn't pass, ripped off two long runs, and the only TD was on a short drive, otherwise the offense was non-existant. I'm pretty psyched about how well both Houston and Hunter and Sims and Bilukidi are playing, but that is going to come to an end this week. The Broncos are destroying teams after being one play away from a Superbowl...and the Giants have some guys named Tuck and JPP that aren't exactly push overs.

I'm saying 38-10 Denver wins big, with the "10" coming in garbage time.

vCash
    1) Keep Manning on the sidelines

2) Score each time you get the ball

3) Move da chains

4) Eat the clock

5) Load up one D line, keep em fresh an go after Manning- hard.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NavajoRaiderfan View Post
    1) Keep Manning on the sidelines

2) Score each time you get the ball

3) Move da chains

4) Eat the clock

5) Load up one D line, keep em fresh an go after Manning- hard.
    Yes this ^, they also need to prep for this game like none ever. Coaching is gonna be key. Denver cannot run the ball and their D-line is small. Our O line averages 320 across. We know we can run the ball, make that work to our advantage. Possessions and/or good passing if they try to stack the line, gotta get pryor outside the box, he's more accurate on the run. If the game plan is right, and the execution is right, we can grab this one. Could be a trap game for the Broncos.

vCash
    This can either go surprisingly well, or it can go extremely bad in my opinion. I just don't think there is any way the secondary can shut down the Broncos passing attack. Our starting corners are decent, Hayden shouldn't even be playing yet, he's always getting beat, and Rubin Branch will probably be out.
    The one thing that can bail us out is the pass rush. But not sending 7 guys. We gotta get pressure with 4 or 5 guys. Peyton sees them bringing the house then he will get it out quickly.

vCash
    Generally, nationally televised games are not "traps".

vCash
    It seems the coaches kept a for the most part "vanilla play book" offense today. Just like when were down against the Colts, the offense will open up. With a consistent pass rush, we might surprise the hell out of them.

vCash
    I can't see them taking it lightly on a Monday Night.

But I do feel like we can give Manning some problems with our multiple looks

I think our defense is Legit this year.

I just want the offense to continue to evolve so that we can make a big splash in 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WyoRaider View Post
    I know we got a ugly win against a very bad team today, but can we win on Monday?
    Denver probably will take this game very lightly, and the Raiders will be fired up. Our Defense played with heart, and might be able to do enough to win. I am probably very wrong, but also have a feeling that we can play a lot better than we did today.

I know we only had one touchdown, but we ran a VERY conservative offense. They called plays that would not lose the game.

Our defense played with fire! We got to the quaterback with ease. I know Manning and Henne are night and day, but the Jags do have a decent O-Line.

McFadden has the Donks number! In his history, he has tore them up. Judging by today, he could do it again.

I know it might be wishful thinking as I will be there, and it is my first Raiders game, but is it a possibility? I sure hope so!
    We can win the game ,but not because it's a trap game Manning won't stand for that their team will be ready. We have to make sure we're ready it's most likely to soon for us to play a team like Denver we still have a lot of growing to do. I wish this game was in week six ,but this game will help in our growth win ,or lose.
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash
    vanilla play calls on both sides of the ball today....i can only assume they don't want much tape for DEN other than what was shown vs the Colts. any game is winnable...we just need to execute. curious if my assumption is correct come next MNF
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast