Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Ducasse: Bust to stud

Ducasse was always a good run blocker, outside of a few whiffs on passing plays the Big Ugly has been a pleasant surprise.

I guess it took Tanny to be fired to light a fire under is rear.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    we'll see he did do pretty well as a run blocker.
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    I think Vlad is who he always was and the only reason he didn't develop earlier is that the Jets kept switching him back and forth between OG and OT.

Vlad slow development is more the fault of the org than the player. Some players need there roles defined and not doing so for Vlad hindered his potential.

Now that the Jets have FINALLY settled on a position for him OG (which is where he should have been all along) he's come into his own.

vCash
    He did well against Wilfork, now we need to go out and improve our WR corps.

vCash
    It's a thread bout Ducasse, he played well and attention needs to be paid.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash

Ducasse: Bust to stud

Bold to say stud when he was pretty awful against the Bucs and still had some bad plays in pass protection against New England.

vCash
    He played well but from what I remember he gave up two sacks. I might be wrong. Either way I'm pleasantly surprised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    He did well against Wilfork, now we need to go out and improve our WR corps.
    Well, Vlad would be an intimidating WR but I don't think he has the speed to get separation.
    Last edited by MrX27; 09-16-2013 at 07:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    Bold to say stud when he was pretty awful against the Bucs and still had some bad plays in pass protection against New England.
    He got destroyed by Chandler Jones on a couple of stunts but I think it is what it is. I think he can become a dependable, at times dominant, run blocker who will struggle at times in pass protection. He has the physical ability to still improve and get more consistent. It was a pleasant surprise how well he played against a top 3 NT in the NFL.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Who declared Ducasse a bust ??? We have this crazy notion in Jet nation, that if we see a guy for a few games, we all have the ability to predict if they are going to be good or not..Not just jet nation but in all sports.. What ever happened to guys being rookies , learning how to be a pro, then becomming a solid pro...We need instant gratification or players are considered busts...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clementi View Post
    Who declared Ducasse a bust ??? We have this crazy notion in Jet nation, that if we see a guy for a few games, we all have the ability to predict if they are going to be good or not..Not just jet nation but in all sports.. What ever happened to guys being rookies , learning how to be a pro, then becomming a solid pro...We need instant gratification or players are considered busts...
    clementi, the big issue today is you don't have the time like you did in the past to get things right. If you aren't getting things right by the end of year 2, you are either going to be fired or very much on the hot seat.

I can only speak for myself, but I am tired of having to wait 3 years for a 2nd rounder to develop. If you want a player that you want to develop in 3 years, take him in round 5,6,or 7, not round 2. I want my 2nd rounders being big contributors by the end of year 1.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    clementi, the big issue today is you don't have the time like you did in the past to get things right. If you aren't getting things right by the end of year 2, you are either going to be fired or very much on the hot seat.

I can only speak for myself, but I am tired of having to wait 3 years for a 2nd rounder to develop. If you want a player that you want to develop in 3 years, take him in round 5,6,or 7, not round 2. I want my 2nd rounders being big contributors by the end of year 1.
    Great points. I remember when Vlad was drafted, a report said that he was extremely raw, and although he had great athleticism, would likely take at least 3 years to develop. A prospect like this should be drafted late. Although he is doing OK now, it was a bad selection by Tanny, who was probably influenced at the time by the OL coach or a scout who talked him up too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    It's a thread bout Ducasse, he played well and attention needs to be paid.
    I agree and thanks for the thread post. I haven't seen anyone lock horns with Wilfork and mathc his strength. Mangold gets overwhelmed by him. What a great development if he can consistently produce having him and Winters in the interior for many years.

vCash
    Bout time this guy did something right in three years

vCash
    I disagee John X Doe - Mangold is one of thew few if not the only one who has held Wilfork in check for most of his career. Has Wilfork made some plays? Sure, he is undoubtedly going to at some point, but Wilfork definately does NOT have the upper hand on Mangold.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast