Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Former Raider CEO Amy Trask "I didnít understand the move to bring in Flynn."

Former #Raiders CEO Amy Trask on CBS Sports' "That Other Pregame Show": "I didnít understand the move to bring in (Matt) Flynn."

Link:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/CorkOnThe...13228607545344

Morby Jerry MacDonald

OAKLAND -- In her new role as a CBS studio analyst, former Raiders executive Amy Trask made it clear she didn't think much of the Raiders decision to trade for Matt Flynn rather than simply make Terrelle Pryor the No. 1 quarterback.

``I have been a proponent for quite a long time of giving this young man an opportunity, to give him a chance,'' Trask said on the air. ``When Dennis Allen made the decision to move on from Carson Palmer, I thought the obvious and the smart answer was to give Pryor a shot, see what he has.''

Flynn arrived from the Seattle Seahawks for a fifth-round draft pick in 2014 and a conditional pick in 2015 after losing the starting job to Russell Wilson. He had signed with Seattle under conditions similar to the one that brought him to Oakland -- to be the starting quarterback after having started only two games in Green Bay.

The Raiders restructured Flynn's contract commensurate with a starter, guaranteeing him $6.5 million this season.

``He has a two-game resume, yet you gave up draft picks, which you've stated that you covet,'' Trask said. ``You're giving up draft picks and a lot of money to bring in a guy with a two-game resume, when you've stated you're in a transitional mode.''

Trask called Pryor ``a remarkable young man'' and compared his work ethic to former Raiders quarterback and 2002 Most Valuable Player Rich Gannon. e Info:

Amy Trask That makes 2 of us!!
    Last edited by RaiderFanBL9; 09-17-2013 at 08:57 PM.

RAIDER NATION

Fair, but easy to state in hindsight without any indication of her feelings at the actual time of the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    Fair, but easy to state in hindsight without any indication of her feelings at the actual time of the trade.
    I think that was her feelings at the time of the trade. I read it as the time the trade was made she didn't understand why the Raiders made the trade for Flynn, because she thought Pryor should have been given the chance to see what he could do. Here are the rest of her commments:

Steve Corkran‏@CorkOnTheNFL19m
    Former #Raiders CEO Amy Trask on CBS Sports' "That Other Pregame Show": "I didnít understand the move to bring in (Matt) Flynn."

Steve Corkran‏@CorkOnTheNFL18m
    Amy Trask said she long has been proponent of giving Terrelle Pryor a chance. "Youíve stated itís a team in transition. Give him a chance."

Steve Corkran‏@CorkOnTheNFL16m
    Trask said @TerrellePryor's work ethic reminds her of former Raiders QB @RichGannon12 "I mean that as a high, high compliment," Trask said.

Steve Corkran‏@CorkOnTheNFL15m
    More Trask on criticizing Flynn trade: "The obvious and the smart answer was to give Pryor a shot. See what he has, see what he can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Renz13:27047848
    how can you be sure no concern was gave at the time of the trade? Maybe her concern was the reason she was let go?

Not sure why this is relevant. Trask was never involved on the football side of things and now she isn't with the organization. Did I agree with the Flynn acquisition? Not really; I preferred a player such as Matt Moore, but what's done is done. McKenzie won't get it right on every signing, and this team of castoffs last week put up the best effort that I have seen from a Raiders team in a long time.

I like what Pryor did last week but I need to see more before I use his name in the same sentence as Rich Gannon's.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet:27048033
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13:27047848
    how can you be sure no concern was gave at the time of the trade? Maybe her concern was the reason she was let go?
    I am absolutely not sure. I'm just saying it's easier to make that statement now. She very well could have felt that way at the time of the trade as KRS indicated.

With that said, I sincerely doubt any view on that trade contributed to her departure.

GREW UP IN THE 909 NOW RESIDES IN THE 805
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfanbl9 View Post
    former #raiders ceo amy trask on cbs sports' "that other pregame show": "i didn’t understand the move to bring in (matt) flynn."

link:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/corkonthe...13228607545344

amy trask that makes 2 of us!!
    wait that makes 3 of us!!!!

And who in the hell is Amy Trask to comment on a football question? Her next football accomplishment will be her first.

-Stork

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork:27048566
    And who in the hell is Amy Trask to comment on a football question? Her next football accomplishment will be her first.

-Stork
    A person that served on our staff when we went to The SB and was a playoff team, and someone Al Davis and John Madden spoke highly of.
    Last edited by Raider_Vet; 09-15-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Wow that says a lot to me it's not like she is the only one who feels this way half the nation dose.

Feel the wrath of the darkside.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet:27048639

-Stork
    A persin that served on our staff when we went to The SB and was a playoff team, and someone Al Davis and John Madden spoke highly of.
    But Vet, why should esteem be given to someone through the consideration of endorsements given by "relics" (as you would say)?

Sorry, it was too easy to resist.

Hindsight's 20/20....always has, always will...............
    If you can read this...you're too close. Please back off. Lullz...

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderx510:27048789
    Wow that says a lot to me it's not like she is the only one who feels this way half the nation dose.
    Sounds like she was critical of this move. I wonder how much of RM's decisions she questioned? Well looks like she was right on this one and RM was wrong. Flynn looks good getting paid what he does on the bench. I wonder if we had used his money elsewhere what we could of got for it? Not a bench warmer I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Renz13:27048817
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet:27048639

-Stork
    A persin that served on our staff when we went to The SB and was a playoff team, and someone Al Davis and John Madden spoke highly of.
    But Vet, why should esteem be given to someone through the consideration of endorsements given by "relics" (as you would say)?

Sorry, it was too easy to resist.
    Good point about relics? I mentioned it because of storks high opinion in Madden. No reason to be sorry and a valid point. However Trading got this right and RM was clearly wrong and made a very poor trade and over paid Flynn.

Trading for Flynn and paying him $6.5M for one year is far better than paying Palmer obscene money for two.

Trask may know business, but I'm going to trust McKenzie's judgement regarding personnel. This is classic sour grapes/hindsight.

-Stork

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast