Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Sould the team shut down Samardzija for the season?

I'm kinda bored and i hope this topic is received well. I hope it hasnt been talked about yet, if so i apologize in advance.

I was thinking, do you think it would be beneficial to shut down Samardzija? Or maybe they should have done it earlier? Hes showing signs of being tired. I know he has a few games left. Is there anyone to replace him in the rotation?

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

vCash
    Not too worried about his health long term, because I don't think he'll be a Cub next season.

vCash
    You ONLY shut him down if you think this could have a negative effect on his health. He needs to push and get these innings, so that this time next year when he's hopefully pitching in games that matter he isn't so warn down.

Also, there may be some good to come out of these recent struggles. Maybe this positively influences our chances of getting him locked up this winter.

vCash
    No.

vCash
    I can't wait until studies are conducted about this topic, instead of some arbitrary figure telling pitchers when to stop for reasons only revolving around youth and protection.

vCash
    Shut him and Wood down. Nothing positive can come from them finishing the year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan87 View Post
    Shut him and Wood down. Nothing positive can come from them finishing the year
    Shut down prior too

vCash
    Yeah, and let's shut down our best player for the playoffs, even though the entire point of baseball is to win the World Series, and even though this particular player can very realistically single handedly win us multiple games in a given playoff series. And then let's miss the playoffs the following year. (doing my best Mike Rizzo impression)

vCash
    Yes they Sould.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltaclown View Post
    Yeah, and let's shut down our best player for the playoffs, even though the entire point of baseball is to win the World Series, and even though this particular player can very realistically single handedly win us multiple games in a given playoff series. And then let's miss the playoffs the following year. (doing my best Mike Rizzo impression)
    That was a big mistake, you never know if you will make it back. For us were playing for nothing so it should be easier

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Yes they Sould.
    I Sould the other day and now I'm growing an afro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A New Era View Post
    I Sould the other day and now I'm growing an afro.
    Ha i just sould my pants!

vCash
    Is he hurt or something??