Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    9,392
    vCash
    1500

    Kaepernick was almost an Eagle

    So Schefter tweeted this morning that before the 2012 draft, the Eagles were going to trade their 2nd round pick for Kaepernick.

    To me, Reid was gone either way. Imagine Kaep in this offense....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    16,830
    vCash
    2875
    That would have been incredible..

    Looking onto the draft at QB

    Bridgewater (No shot)
    Brett Hundley
    Tajh Boyd
    Marcus Mariota

    All of them fit the Chip Kelly offense if he decides one of them is his guy

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    16,590
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    That would have been incredible..

    Looking onto the draft at QB

    Bridgewater (No shot)
    Brett Hundley
    Tajh Boyd
    Marcus Mariota

    All of them fit the Chip Kelly offense if he decides one of them is his guy
    Luckily there is quite a few good QBs in this upcoming draft. If the Eagles want one I think they can definitely get one easily. They might have to give up a lot to trade up but for a QB it would hopefully be worth it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    5,291
    vCash
    1500
    why trade up for a qb?

    so far chip is showing he doesnt need a franchise qb to run his offense.

    id rather concentrate the upcoming draft on our secondary since outside of cary williams it is absolute trash

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    5,291
    vCash
    1500
    oh and whether we re-up maclin or not, we could add a couple playmakers via free agency and maybe late in the draft.

    i'd love to have mariotta or bridgewater, but if the price is going to cost 3-4 draft picks we could have used to improve the secondary, plus the fact that i stated that SO FAR chip has proven it doesn't matter which QB lines up in his offense, then i would not pull the trigger.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    9,392
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post
    oh and whether we re-up maclin or not, we could add a couple playmakers via free agency and maybe late in the draft.

    i'd love to have mariotta or bridgewater, but if the price is going to cost 3-4 draft picks we could have used to improve the secondary, plus the fact that i stated that SO FAR chip has proven it doesn't matter which QB lines up in his offense, then i would not pull the trigger.


    Mariotta will be a late round pick, so there won't be a need to trade really anything for him.


    Bridgewater, on the other hand, will be a high pick, so that may cost them some, which frankly i'm not sure is worth it.


    I like Boyd. I think he's accurate, he's got a pretty good arm, he has the ability to run if necessary. People talk up Johnny Manziel like he's the best thing since sliced bread, but going into this season, Boyd had accounted for just two less TDs than Manziel over the same span.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Durango, Colorado
    Posts
    3,675
    vCash
    1500
    If chip can pick Boyd, he will pick Boyd

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    743
    vCash
    1500
    Eagles with kaep = eagles with no mychal kendricks

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Durango, Colorado
    Posts
    3,675
    vCash
    1500
    Also if anyone remembers the eagles had a lot of interest in Kap the year he was drafted, if he had fallen to thie next pick he probably would have been the pick

    Imagine Kaepernick instead of Jarett

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    9,392
    vCash
    1500
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...had-kaepernick


    here's the article. uggggghhhhhh this honestly made me sick to my stomach.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,859
    vCash
    1500
    So we missed out on Kaepernick because we wanted Wilson

    That's actually sensible, too bad then Wilson was taken ahead of us as well.

    So essentially we almost had a franchise qb that day, either one fits this offense and would have changed the course of this franchise

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,678
    vCash
    1500
    I'm numb to this news for 2 reasons:

    1. There is no guarantee that Wilson and Kap develop the same under Reid as they have in Seattle and San Fran (though I would like to believe they would as they are super talented)

    2. If we really wanted Wilson and Kap as bad as these reports say, we could have got them. We planned our whole draft around Wilson and yet we waited until the 3rd round to try to get him. Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    39,398
    vCash
    1500
    Bummer. I love Kaep.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

    I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,859
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    I'm numb to this news for 2 reasons:

    1. There is no guarantee that Wilson and Kap develop the same under Reid as they have in Seattle and San Fran (though I would like to believe they would as they are super talented)

    2. If we really wanted Wilson and Kap as bad as these reports say, we could have got them. We planned our whole draft around Wilson and yet we waited until the 3rd round to try to get him. Really?
    That's not what the article said. The article didn't say the built the draft around Wilson

    It said they were willing to pass on Kaepernick because they believed they could get Wilson in the 3rd round

    Meaning they viewed 2nd round pick an Wilson> Kaepernick

    And If I remember Wilson was drafted pretty close to where the eagles picked in the 3rd. They took a gamble and lost

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,678
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    That's not what the article said. The article didn't say the built the draft around Wilson

    It said they were willing to pass on Kaepernick because they believed they could get Wilson in the 3rd round

    Meaning they viewed 2nd round pick an Wilson> Kaepernick

    And If I remember Wilson was drafted pretty close to where the eagles picked in the 3rd. They took a gamble and lost
    One league source maintains that the Eagles backed out of the proposed deal when they decided they would be able to draft Wisconsin quarterback Russell Wilson, whom they geared their whole draft around, league sources said.
    Whether you say "built" or "geared", it implies the same meaning.

    The article is implying that they valued Wilson enough to consider him the main addition of their potential draft class (unless the word has a alternate meaning here that I am missing).

    My point was if they really wanted Wilson or Kap that badly, they could have taken either one earlier. They obviously had doubts about both (like all the other teams in the league) or they wouldn't have passed on the chance to grab either in the first or second round.

    It doesn't make sense for your draft to be geared around someone who you would wait 3 rounds to try to grab. This report is someone leaking an excuse after the fact about why they didn't/failed to draft Kap or Wilson.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 09-15-2013 at 10:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •