Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Tracy Mcgrady "regrets" leaving the raptors

vCash
    Who cares. He left, and the rest is history. Raptors fans can never seem to let go of the past.

vCash
    HAHAHAHHAHAH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Who cares. He left, and the rest is history. Raptors fans can never seem to let go of the past.
    that's true, but however this is probably the first concrete statement that t-mac has said he regrets leaving.

Prior to that he's never really spoken about it aside from the mini interview with vince and oakley.

just sad thinking about it.

vCash
    My question is: if he doesn't play in China, could he help our wings round out thier game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    My question is: if he doesn't play in China, could he help our wings round out thier game?
    I don't think he'd play on the current raptors teams. I get the feeling on what he was saying that he felt he regret leaving the 2000 edition of the raptors.

No way in hell he comes back now to the raptors unless we are contending.

vCash
    He's retired. My question was would he come and consult or be on the coaching staff. I'm also still waiting for this big name coaching hire for the bigs. Things have been very quiet.

Anyone know more about this rumor that the raps were for sale? Was is just the MLSE block sale or were they trying to dump the team separately from the leafs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    No question tmac was awesome in his prime. Imo, he relied very heavily on being athletic, as injuries and age caught up, as with any player, his game declined. I think his knowledge/wisdom/experience would not be much benefit since his game was more about being physically faster and taller than his opponents. He should of course be given some respect for scoring titles and all star appearances but that doesn't mean he's a good coach or consultant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kidfury View Post
    No question tmac was awesome in his prime. Imo, he relied very heavily on being athletic, as injuries and age caught up, as with any player, his game declined. I think his knowledge/wisdom/experience would not be much benefit since his game was more about being physically faster and taller than his opponents. He should of course be given some respect for scoring titles and all star appearances but that doesn't mean he's a good coach or consultant.
    I don't know if I can really agree with any of this. TMac's game had a lot to do with athleticism, but he basically played point guard at 6'9 and dragged some pretty crumby Orlando teams into the playoffs. Like really crumby. Like, starting beside Pat Garrity crumby. The guy, when dialed in, was a great defender and a phenomenal passer. His athleticism didn't just decline, he became hobbled by a degenerative back. Went from being ultra-athletic to not-even-athletic-enough-to-be-an-NBA-player in the span of 2 years.

....I'm not saying that much of it isn't his fault. He left a good situation in Toronto, he didn't have 1/10th the drive of Kobe, and I'd bet money on him not training very hard to keep his body running. That's on him for sure. But to say he's only athletic..... that's more like Corey Brewer or Gerald Greene.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    I don't know if I can really agree with any of this. TMac's game had a lot to do with athleticism, but he basically played point guard at 6'9 and dragged some pretty crumby Orlando teams into the playoffs. Like really crumby. Like, starting beside Pat Garrity crumby. The guy, when dialed in, was a great defender and a phenomenal passer. His athleticism didn't just decline, he became hobbled by a degenerative back. Went from being ultra-athletic to not-even-athletic-enough-to-be-an-NBA-player in the span of 2 years.

....I'm not saying that much of it isn't his fault. He left a good situation in Toronto, he didn't have 1/10th the drive of Kobe, and I'd bet money on him not training very hard to keep his body running. That's on him for sure. But to say he's only athletic..... that's more like Corey Brewer or Gerald Greene.
    T-mac looked like a cow.

vCash
    i regret leaving Chapters so i can totally relate.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    What could have been man, what could have been...