Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

I Don't Root For My "Home Team"

I'm in the bay area, and I am not a warriors fan at all. It's not that I dislike the team.

In fact, there are lots of things that this org. is doing right. They've got some good young players. They're a winning team. I even thought the mark jackson hire was a terrific move. Adding Jerry West as a 'consultant?' Brilliant. And the fans are totally loyal and into the team.

Only problem. I am totally unenthused by this team, and I don't know why. You could list a lot of superlatives if you wanted to, but I just find this team boring to watch.

I would MUCH RATHER watch:

-the twolves (klove and the spaniard)

-the rockets

-the heat

-the lakers

-the knicks

I could probably list 10 teams I'd rather watch ahead of the warriors.

Perhaps it's because the warriors have been perennial losers for a long stretch prior to this season. Perhaps it's because they lack a true blue chip superstar. I don't know why, but I just find the warriors dull.

Do you ever feel guilty when you're not interested in your "home team?" Unless they sign a true blue chip top 10 caliber player, I don't really see myself getting hyped up over the warriors.

Talk to me.

vCash
    wel imma heat fan so i'm always excited to watch them play. but if i had to choose different teams to watch it would be: Brooklyn nets, NY knicks, OKC, trail blazers, raptors, clippers or warriors because those teams have either exciting gameplay or just players that i enjoy watching

vCash
    Warriors currently is a good team to watch.

I don't have a home team.

But for hockey I don't route for the flames and I don't feed bad about it.

vCash
    I've never been bothered by people who root for teams other than their home team. Just be consistent-enough with it. Nothing wrong with being a fan of the sport first, and rooting for laundry second.

But the Warriors are gonna be a fun team to watch this year...as they were last year.

vCash
    Its all good. Just don't come back and pretend to be a Warriors fan later on.

vCash
    Fandom comes from roots within the community

Bandwagon is just who you are follow the leader...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95gP3m-uBHA

vCash
    I live near Philly and am a Sacramento Kings fan. I used to like the 76ers when I first started watching because of AI, but he was the only reason I liked them. I generally hate Philly sports though. None of my favorite teams are my "home team."

vCash
    sometimes it can be particularly satisfying to NOT be a fan of the home team. i grew up with a major dislike for the Leafs simply because "how can you not like the Leafs".
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 09-14-2013 at 01:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I don't leave in the states so the same happens to me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    Fandom comes from roots within the community
    What if your community is Bum**** Middle of Nowhere, United States?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    sometimes it can be particularly satisfying to NOT be a fan of the home team. i grew up with a major dislike for the Leafs simply because "how can you not like the Leafs".
    I agree with this. I big reason I became a much stronger Pats/Sox fan in middle school/high school.

Defining what a real fan is and how that arises is just a stupid thing to try and do.

vCash
    If you grew up in an area and your parents aren't fans of a different team, never really understood how people could choose someone else to root for.

It's almost like the team in your area is representing where you live and that's what makes fandom so great.

Granted, I don't live in Minnesota anymore but I'll be a Timberwolves fan til the day I die because that is where I grew up, that is where I learned to love the game of basketball and root for the guys who represent our state.

If I was interested in just watching good basketball then the Wolves would be on the bottom of the list since they haven't been relevant since '04 but that isn't how it works for me.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching the Heat because it is some damn fun basketball but at the end of the day I'm a Wolves fan through and through.

vCash
    [QUOTE=ManRamForPrez24;27044359]What if your community is Bum**** Middle of Nowhere, United States?

Live and breath your high school team

Bandwagon is not a diss, it is what it is...

vCash
    Yup, I'm a basketball fan first. No point in watching teams if they're not especially fun to watch.

I really like the concept of college basketball ie amateur athletes who play for the love of the sport, but I don't watch a heck of a lot college bball anymore, either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by big_w View Post
    I'm in the bay area, and I am not a warriors fan at all. It's not that I dislike the team.

In fact, there are lots of things that this org. is doing right. They've got some good young players. They're a winning team. I even thought the mark jackson hire was a terrific move. Adding Jerry West as a 'consultant?' Brilliant. And the fans are totally loyal and into the team.

Only problem. I am totally unenthused by this team, and I don't know why. You could list a lot of superlatives if you wanted to, but I just find this team boring to watch.

I would MUCH RATHER watch:

-the twolves (klove and the spaniard)

-the rockets

-the heat

-the lakers

-the knicks

I could probably list 10 teams I'd rather watch ahead of the warriors.

Perhaps it's because the warriors have been perennial losers for a long stretch prior to this season. Perhaps it's because they lack a true blue chip superstar. I don't know why, but I just find the warriors dull.

Do you ever feel guilty when you're not interested in your "home team?" Unless they sign a true blue chip top 10 caliber player, I don't really see myself getting hyped up over the warriors.

Talk to me.
    Most people will think you're lame for the bold, as I sure do.

Also, the fact that you find the team dull is kind of hilarious to me, but to each their own. And that said, zero issues with a person not being a fan of their home team, but I certainly make fun of anyone who bounces from team to team claiming "allegiance" depending on who they like that year. It's just stupid.

vCash
    1.how arent the w's boring?
    2.isnt curry a true blue chip star?

i get waning interest because your team is a loser,or have been for a long time(and you dont have to be a fan of the home team).but i dont understand the 2 points as to why your not interested.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast