Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Kaman

vCash

Chris Kaman

I'd like get your guys' thoughts on this guy.

I think he's gonna be solid. He's a hard worker and even though he's 31, I think he'll age well due to his style of play. Remember, this guy was an All-Star.

He may not be the sexiest center of all-time, but I think he'll bring stability to the position.

vCash
    you can prolly just read the thread posted when we signed him, if its still around. but I think hell provide the def we need in the middle, and provide much more in the way of offensive fluidity than our previous center
    WE ARE THE LAKERS! WE ARE THE NBA! And since we root for the only team who can say that they are the epitome of EXCELLENCE..... shouldn't the fans who support the franchise be considered in the same light? Let's act like the way the MambaArmy should act..... So lets stop whining, Start Tanking, Stop complaining, Start Tanking and Start cheering, Start Tanking, Start supporting, Start Tanking, Start enjoying what it means to be a Lakers Fan!
    oh i forgot to mention
    START TANKING!

vCash
    Goat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPKOBE43 View Post
    you can prolly just read the thread posted when we signed him, if its still around. but I think hell provide the def we need in the middle, and provide much more in the way of offensive fluidity than our previous center
    Found that thread, thanks. Feel free to close this if it's too redundant.

vCash
    If kaman for example was choosing between the lakers and clippers(again) and he ended up choosing the clippers, then everyone would say, "who cares, he sucks anyway"

kaman is a big body. Nothing more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozeman View Post
    You're clueless.
    This is all very funny.

vCash
    He isn't athletic at all but can run, and got some skills unlike the guy who left last july.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozeman View Post
    If kaman for example was choosing between the lakers and clippers(again) and he ended up choosing the clippers, then everyone would say, "who cares, he sucks anyway"

He's better than diandre jordan. The main reason the clippers picked jordan over kaman was because of his chemistry with griffen. Kamen is probably in the top 10 in the league at the center position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Taylor View Post
    I'd like get your guys' thoughts on this guy.

I think he's gonna be solid. He's a hard worker and even though he's 31, I think he'll age well due to his style of play. Remember, this guy was an All-Star.

He may not be the sexiest center of all-time, but I think he'll bring stability to the position.
    Kaman is a *PERFECT* fit for this Laker team.

1. He can play back-up center behind Pau.
    2. He can play PF when Pau is on the floor, allowing Pau to play his natural position in the post.
    3. Kaman is a solid mid-range shooter, and with his height he's a tough cover in that area.

Last year we had a natural PF (D12) who insisted on playing in the post, which shoved Pau out to the perimeter where he was less effective in every way. Getting Pau back to the post and adding a guy who can play the PF position the way D'Antoni envisions was a huge positive.

We've also got multiple guys who can get Kaman the ball in exactly the position that favors his shot, from either the perimeter, penetration or the low post. Overall, probably the best pure "fit" of any bench signing I can think of in the last couple of years.

vCash
    Kaman at PF...

vCash
    Good role player for this Lakers team if he's able to stay healthy. He has a mid range shot and last year he averaged 10.5 ppg,5.6 rpg with just twenty minutes.

vCash
    When his career is over, I'd like to see his jersey up there next to Kareem's, Shaq's, Wilt's...

vCash
    Kaveman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    When his career is over, I'd like to see his jersey up there next to Kareem's, Shaq's, Wilt's...
    Lol!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ibejeph View Post
    Kaman at PF...
    all you want, but thats exactly where he will play on Offense and he'll play well there. He will play C on D while Pau covers the opponents PF.
    [SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast