Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

We may sign him its Mets and the Dodgers that are eyeing him.

vCash
    The Mets are not signing Tanaka.

vCash
    Yeah right...

vCash
    Tanaka could be a game changer for us if we won his rights, if he pitches anything like Darvish and he's only 24. But the Mets aren't getting him or Abreu.
    Last edited by Blitzace137; 09-13-2013 at 06:45 PM.

vCash
    I doubt this happens. BUT

It'd be interesting to go after a young pitcher because it allows you to openly trade guys like Niese, Gee, Wheeler, Syndergaard and Montero. But it would probably be a midseason/2014 offseason move as you would need to gauge how good this guy is in the regular season.
    Last edited by yfern328; 09-13-2013 at 06:40 PM.

vCash
    20-0 is a pretty good record.

And I thought the ball was "juiced" in Japan this year?

vCash
    lol

There was zero reference on a possibility that the Mets may sign him, so how did it became the Mets or Dodgers?

Don't get me wrong Wilpon has long sought a star Japanese player to come to the Mets so he can get those tickets from those guys and he has given the go ahead to sign Matsui and bit over 40 million for Matsuzaka and if I remember right they have been 2nd highest in bids for other guys as well. So this may be a possibility because while the bid may be high the amount of years to sign him will not be 6-7, so I can see the Mets post a bid and if they win sing him for about 4-5 years.

I think this guy is more of a reality than Abreu.

vCash
    If the Mets think this guy is a front line starter, then they will bid high on him imo because am not in love with the other options and I think Sandy knows that too.

vCash
    Depends on how much he wants, we really shouldn't be spending this kind of money on pitching.

vCash
    With as weak as the free agent market is, I would be really happy if we threw our cards on the international market, and I think many fans would be too. I'll be honest, I know very little about Tanaka other than seeing his name pop up on top off season lists, but I would be excited to see the forward thinking from this front office. International studs, plus a top ten pick, and going for the best we can get on a weak free agent market would make me excited going into next season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Depends on how much he wants, we really shouldn't be spending this kind of money on pitching.
    Hey, it is not our money. Let them spend on whomever they want.

vCash
    If the owners are for real they will gamble on Tanaka at any price it sells tickets and profits go up if he is even half as good as he has been in japan. Gooden likes him and I say If Dwight likes him he is a good judge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    lol

There was zero reference on a possibility that the Mets may sign him, so how did it became the Mets or Dodgers?

Don't get me wrong Wilpon has long sought a star Japanese player to come to the Mets so he can get those tickets from those guys and he has given the go ahead to sign Matsui and bit over 40 million for Matsuzaka and if I remember right they have been 2nd highest in bids for other guys as well. So this may be a possibility because while the bid may be high the amount of years to sign him will not be 6-7, so I can see the Mets post a bid and if they win sing him for about 4-5 years.

I think this guy is more of a reality than Abreu.
    The Mets (who have a bunch of other holes to fill) were an afterthought in the article. Wishful thinking at best.

vCash

No way, no how

This guy is going to get at least as much as Darvish got a couple of years ago, and probably more since the best (arguably) free agent pitcher available this off-season is Matt Garza. There is no way the Mets are going to spend all of their new-found payroll cap money on one pitcher. Besides, starting pitching is not their greatest need. Have you watched their "offense" at home the last week? Since Byrd was traded? All season? They have the worst home record, next to the Astros; the fewest runs scored at home in the entire majors; one of the worst team batting averages; and, as the last two weeks have shown, apparently don't have a single position player ready from their minor leagues system. The number one off-season priority is going to be more offense.

vCash
    We need 3 bats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast