Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Is Michael Beasley one of the smartest players in the NBA?

Michael Beasley partied, smoked weed, got arrested and was later cut by the Phoenix Suns. He did just about everything wrong – or did he?
    First he makes nearly $9 million in his first two seasons as a man in his early 20s living on South Beach.
    He then earned $23,974,587 in the last three seasons helping his mediocre teams to 57 wins. That's about $420,000 (get it?) a win.
    His biggest paycheck yet was when the Phoenix Suns paid him $7 million to simply go away. I wish I could get one-hundredth of 1 percent that much to be told to **** off.
    After all that, he's likely headed toward his first championship by the age of 25 with a star-studded Miami Heat that features seven players picked sixth or higher in the NBA draft.
    Sure; he offered the Heat a non-guaranteed contract of $1 million for the right, but what is that to a guy who just got paid nearly $24 million for a few years of partying? That's not including the nearly $9 million he's already made off of Miami in exchange for 87 wins.
    Now he gets to learn from the best basketball player on the planet, in addition to another great power forward. And if either one of them leaves, and Beasley's at all playing well, he'll probably start getting fat paychecks again to live on South Beach.
    Like Sean May's ill-fitting t-shirt says, even when Beasley's failing urinalyses, he "pisses excellence."
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 09-13-2013 at 06:18 PM.

vCash
    Sometimes pot heads get lucky.

vCash
    I was going to say how dumb this was but then something else in the article caught my eye. You referred to Chris Bosh as great. THAT was what made this awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearSoulForce View Post
    I was going to say how dumb this was but then something else in the article caught my eye. You referred to Chris Bosh as great. THAT was what made this awful.
    Why is it unreasonable to call Chris Bosh a great power forward? I'm not saying he's in LeBron James' league, but he's definitely a good model for Beasley. This thread was meant for a laugh, but obviously that stick's still too far up your butt for enjoyment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Why is it unreasonable to call Chris Bosh a great power forward? I'm not saying he's in LeBron James' league, but he's definitely a good model for Beasley. This thread was meant for a laugh, but obviously that stick's still too far up your butt for enjoyment.
    Because anyone associated with the Heat (and Knicks) is automatically a legend around here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearSoulForce View Post
    Because anyone associated with the Heat (and Knicks) is automatically a legend around here.
    Would you rather I call him good? I think you might be overestimating the mere mention of someone being great – and Bosh has been pretty great throughout his career. And if you look at my icon, you'll see that I'm a Blazers fan.
    It must hurt, being so far up in there. Be sure to see a doctor if it becomes infected; I care about you.

vCash
    Bosh is one of the best big men in the game. Didn't realize someone thought this was up for debate.

vCash
    I'm sorry to say but I think if Bosh had more opportunities to be the leading 1st option, he would be a 20/10 player. I think playing with Miami really helped him win and become efficient, but he hasn't been getting many opportunities to shine. Bosh's last season before coming to Miami was incredible. He was a legitimate MVP candidate that year. If memory stands true, I believe he was the leading MVP candidate at one point. With that being said, I do think Beasley forced himself out of PHX on purpose. He didn't seem to enjoy playing for that team. I can remember him being much more focused and motivated when playing for the Heat. Rest assured, he's been fortunate to make so much money while being immature. Doesn't happen to everyone but he's caught a break few too many times.

vCash
    He made serious moves hope he cleans up forreal tho
    Be $wavy

vCash
    I feel like smartest may be a slight stretch. But I by no means think he is anywhere near as dumb as most people consider him to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Bosh is one of the best big men in the game. Didn't realize someone thought this was up for debate.
    Until they win the finals and its "Lebron did it all himself"

vCash
    Beasley is not smart, he's just making money off his potential.

vCash
    I'd like to be not smart like Beasley and get paid. Sounds good. Dubbies and millions of dollars.

vCash
    He's not smart, he went from a starter to a camp invitee, also during all this bs his value as diminished

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    I wouldn't call him smart. It's luck more than anything else that he keeps getting opportunities. But I believe this is his last chance if he ****s it up again he's done in the nba.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast