Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is this the weakest the AFC has been in years?

Other than Denver and Houston, are there any teams that are actually contenders?

NE has barely been able to beat BUF and NYJ so far. Even once they get Gronk, I refuse to believe that he won't need weeks or months to get back to where he was last year. And the Pats need him to be even better than he was last year because of how depleted they are on offense. I'm not convinced that a Gronk recovering from injury will be enough to push this team up to contender status.

CIN is another team that could perhaps kick it up to contender status as season goes on but they have a lot of work to do to get there.

Compared to NFC where you have teams like SF, SEA, ATL, GB, NO, PHI, CHI and Dallas to some degree, the AFC just looks so weak.

Its funny cause in the past you had teams like NE, IND, SD, PIT, BAL among others in the AFC who looked like legitimate contenders and now we have...1, maybe 2 depending on how you feel about Houston.

vCash
    The best team in the NFL is from the AFC East.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Federal Reserve View Post
    lol even if that were true it doesn't mean that the AFC isn't weak as hell this year.

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Bengals get no respect.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Federal Reserve View Post

and Rex Ryan will should write a book about coaching offense too.
    Done - thank goodness

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Bengals get no respect.
    That roster is legit.
    Done - thank goodness

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Bengals get no respect.
    They're still a young team. Dalton needs to perform at a high level... If he does that the Bengals will get plenty more respect this season.

NE will definitely be dangerous if they can get Gronk and Amendola on the field at the same time.

NFC is definitely more loaded, but I think the Texans and Broncos could go toe to toe with any NFC team right now.

One weird thing: Notice how the NFC has almost all the read-option dual threat QBs? I think Terrelle Pryor is the only guy in the AFC (unless you count Alex Smith or Jake Locker-- I don't). Does that mean AFC and NFC defenses are being built differently?

vCash
    Indy is as good as many of the NFC teams listed. If the Cowboys count on the NFC side, then the Ravens, Colts, Pats, Bengals and Chiefs count on the AFC side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kubernetes View Post
    One weird thing: Notice how the NFC has almost all the read-option dual threat QBs? I think Terrelle Pryor is the only guy in the AFC (unless you count Alex Smith or Jake Locker-- I don't). Does that mean AFC and NFC defenses are being built differently?
    EJ Manuel.

He hasn't really had to unleash that yet because they want him to learn the pure pass game first, but he will use it.

I think that Luck has the ability to run more than people give him credit for. I think he was focusing on passing as well and will run more as he develops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kubernetes View Post
    Do you mean the NFC contenders listed in the OP or the NFC conference in general?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Do you mean the NFC contenders listed in the OP or the NFC conference in general?
    NFC in general. Bullseyed mentioned EJ Manuel in the AFC, but I've yet to see Bills offense utilize that skill. NFC has Vick, RGIII, Wilson, Kaep, and Cam. You might even put Rodgers in there because his mobility is no joke. The AFC is full of statues in the pocket.

vCash
    NFC has Vick, RGIII, Kaep, Wilson, Newton and maybe Freeman.

AFC has Pryor, Geno and maybe EJ.

vCash
    Philadelphia, Chicago, and Dallas are not in the same league as the others listed.

SF, NOLA, ATL, Seattle, Green Bay are all good

But I would still put houston, Denver, and New England in that category.
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Pryor > the rest.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    NFC has Vick, RGIII, Kaep, Wilson, Newton and maybe Freeman.

AFC has Pryor, Geno and maybe EJ.
    Black quarterbacks rule.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast