Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Jose Fernandez v Matt Harvey

These 2 are probably the 2 best young pitchers in baseball.

Eliminate Harvey's injury, how would you compare them and given a choice who would you rather have. Try and be objective and give your reasons.

Obviously by picking one you are not dissing the other.

How about Fernandez as against Wheeler.

vCash
    It's a good question but it's a bias one of course.

Most Met fans are gonna say Harvey obviously but Fernandez has been awesome. Jose's batted ball rates suggest regression but his control will presumably get better as he gets more experience. Harvey losing next year will probably make Fernandez the better pitcher in the short term but it's very close.

Right now i lean Harvey because of his IP lead, batted ball rates, and i think his stuff is just a tad better than Fernandez's but it honestly could go either way.

It's regression to the mean with Fernandez and Harvey. Harvey pitching through injury probably put a hurting on his overall statline as well.

Given all these young arms getting hurt, i could see Fernandez having elbow issues as well.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-12-2013 at 03:12 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It's a good question but it's a bias one of course.

Most Met fans are gonna say Harvey obviously but Fernandez has been awesome. Jose's batted ball rates suggest regression but his control will presumably get better as he gets more experience. Harvey losing next year will probably make Fernandez the better pitcher in the short term but it's very close.

Right now i lean Harvey because of his IP lead, batted ball rates, and i think his stuff is just a tad better than Fernandez's but it honestly could go either way.

It's regression to the mean with Fernandez and Harvey. Harvey pitching through injury probably put a hurting on his overall statline as well.

Given all these young arms getting hurt, i could see Fernandez having elbow issues as well.
    Good intelligent response. Thank you.

vCash

I would rather have Fernandez.

vCash

Also Fernandez has better pop than Harvey and more style points too.