Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Mark Sanchez likely done for the season with shoulder injury

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 9m
    Jets QB Mark Sanchez is likely to have surgery after Dr. James Andrews confirmed he has a labral tear in right shoulder, per league sources
    Twitter

His Jet career is probably over. The Jets save a ton of $$$ if he's released after the season. It sucks though. Never really want to see anyone get hurt.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Update:

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 1m
    Sanchez expected to take day or two to decide; he still has an option to rehab the shoulder to see if he can play but surgery is more likely
    So, it's not set in stone if he gets the surgery but there is a better than good chance that he doesn't get in playing shape this year. Surgery is probably best for his future instead of pure rehab, IMO.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    This ****ing sucks. Now their going to release him and he will count $4.8 million against the team's 2014 cap.

>.> In 2014 Jets will be major players in FA and $4.8M of that cap space will be committed to Sanchez for NOT BEING ON THE TEAM...
    Last edited by xabial; 09-12-2013 at 12:09 AM.

vCash
    Blame Mr T

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xabial View Post
    This ****ing sucks. Now their going to release him and he will count $4.8 million against the team's 2014 cap.

>.> In 2014 Jets will be major players in FA and $4.8M of that cap space will be committed to Sanchez for NOT BEING ON THE TEAM...
    Yeah, there will be some dead money but it's not that big of a deal. If we release Sanchez, Holmes and Landry while restructuring Cromartie and Harris (both have 1 year left after the season so it should be easy) we should have anywhere from 45-50 mill in cap space after the year.

Also, we were going to probably release him anyway after the season. No one in their right mind would have traded for him with his contract and he wasn't in the team's long term plan after the drafting of Geno Smith.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    That sucks. Wonder if he reunites with Caroll to backup Wilson, if he didn't burn that bridge when he left early. Regardless, wish him luck, really ****** way to end his career here.

vCash
    Good guy.

Bad football player.

He'll be a solid backup on a team with better support than the Jets gave him.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xabial View Post

Correct memifmim wrong, but doesn't whatever someone else pays him get deductec?

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Feel bad, he wasn't a good Jets QB but he was a great kid and someone I loved watching grow from his first year into his second. I will root for him wherever he lands and whatever team he ends up being on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Correct memifmim wrong, but doesn't whatever someone else pays him get deductec?
    This only happens when a players contract has "offset language". If a player's contract has "offset language" then if that player gets released and another team signs him the money he receives from his new team gets deducted from whatever his old team is paying him.

Surprise Mark Sanchez's contract has no "offset language". That means if he gets released and a new team signs him he gets to "double dip", meaning he gets both salaries, and that money he gets from that new team does not get deducted from the Jets.

Its a major sticking point in negotiations for 1st round picks. Its pretty interesting because some 1st round picks cave and agree to include "offset language" in their contracts after briefly holding out in return for a higher up front payment. (Eric Fisher, Dion Jordan, Lane Johnson, Mingo, Cooper, Warmack list goes on and on.) Other's get lucky and have no "offset language" included in their contracts because of amazing agents or a team's stupidity (Jaguars Luke Joeckel, Lions Ezekial Ansah, and Rams Tavon Austin the only 3 players who were picked top 10 who didn't receive offset language)

FYI Milliner and Richardson's deal both have "offset language" included in their rookie contracts. (Dee Milliner held out for this reason, but eventually the Jets won and he caved)
    Last edited by xabial; 09-12-2013 at 01:43 AM.

vCash
    No more Sanchize. I'm over it, good character traits and values but that doesn't win you football games. Put him with Richard Todd - Very similar quarterbacks, both carried by strong defenses. He's now broken physically as well as mentally. Some can argue the talent around Mark had diminished, but I think it's ludicrous because in 2011 he still had a deep threat in Plax as well as LT, and Tone.

52 turnovers in two years... It's time to move on from Mark Sanchez and embrace the Geno Smith era and build the team around him.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    He could be IR, which frees up a spot.

I hope he plays well in Jacksonville or Oakland.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    No more Sanchize. I'm over it, good character traits and values but that doesn't win you football games. Put him with Richard Todd - Very similar quarterbacks, both carried by strong defenses. He's now broken physically as well as mentally. Some can argue the talent around Mark had diminished, but I think it's ludicrous because in 2011 he still had a deep threat in Plax as well as LT, and Tone.
    52 turnovers in two years... It's time to move on from Mark Sanchez and embrace the Geno Smith era and build the team around him.
    Plax was never a deep threat for us, he could barely function outside the red zone. LT had one foot into retirement. He was ruined when they let Cotchery and Smith go in favor of Plax and Mason. Not that Cotchery & Smith were world beaters, but they were "his guys".

Wish him the best. He was the QB for the two greatest Jets seasons of my adult lifetime. Will always be thankful to him for that...
    Last edited by CannibalPanda; 09-12-2013 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Spelling

Wide Load Beast Of The Green & White Northeast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post

What?
    Plax had no separation ability. NONE...nada!
    LT was done, and Holmes is a selfish player.

Throw in Shotty sucking.

Sorry that FO did nothing to help him develop.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Sucks to see him have do go through this.
    He worked hard and took way more hits than he should have (on and off the field) and he always handled it with honor and class.
    I hope he had a good financial advisor and team. I don't think he will play again. If he has surgery, he will probably miss some of next season which means no one will sign him as a backup next year. After that, a QB who hasn't played in 2 seasons that has had multiple injuries on a throwing shoulder and who is not known for his football IQ is not a great image for a backup.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast