Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thoughts and Observations

Hey Fellow Raider fans.

Sorry for creating a new thread, I don’t post very often… I enjoy reading what people have to say a little more but thought i would post a little something about yesterdays game.

First, my god was I wrong about mike huff… after watching the ravens and raiders week 1 games, huff is an average player at best. Woodson on the other hand looked great! I didn’t see him miss one tackle and seemed to be in great position the whole game, really glad to have him back and really sad I have a mike huff jersey.

Second, I know the D got burned but overall looked much better in my opinion. The only thing I could say was we didn’t generate enough consistent pressure on the QB… after the first half we started sending more players and looked much better, coverage wasn’t too bad seeing how we gave luck so much time to operate.

Last, I really enjoyed watching Pryor play. It’s been some time since I really thought we would come back and win the game, sucks that he took the sack on 1st and goal but Overall I liked the how the offense played and can’t wait to see how we do vs the Jags.

Let me know what you guys thought about the game.

Take Care and Go Raiders!

vCash
    One very nice observation. We had 0 three and outs for the entire game. Anyone else remember the last time that happened in a regular season game?

vCash
    My observation is of this forum. These guys are critiquing Pryor as if he was manning out there. He showed us the best QB play we've seen in years.

As for the game, I lie to see us manage the game/timeouts a little better.

Overall it was a good day, after hearing the CBS crew dis us all morning it was good to see my raiders show up against the colts.

Now we need to smash jax to make us believers

vCash
    Yeah Pryor needs to take command of the huddle better and be more aware of the play clock.
    McFadden almost never had a whole to run though, or a surging line to run behind.
    The pass protection looked decent, hard to tell with Pryor scrambling all the time.
    The pass rush impressed me, so many different looks and blitzes, I loved it.
    Our defense swarmed to the ball and hit hard. I liked everybody on the defense besides Porter, he was in good position but has bad ball skills.
    Mychal Rivera fighting for yards got me pumped up! I love that effort!
    Pryor played well, played hard, but his stupid decisions will continue to haunt him.
    Marcell Reese wasn't used enough.
    The coaches did a great job play calling and getting this team ready. My expectations were exceeded. Lets hope this hard play wasnt a fluke!

vCash
    I don't believe in moral victories, but there were a lot of positives in yesterday's game. The question to me is: Where do we go from here? Pryor made some rookie mistakes, but what do you expect? The hope is that he learns and takes the next steps to becoming a quality QB. For the first time in I don't know how long, I watched a defense that played hard for 4 quarters. They weren't physically pushed around and they played with agression. They need to maintain that level. We're likely not ready for Manning, but we should force our will next week on the Jags. Can't wait, I'm as excited as I have been in a few years.

vCash
    My thoughts and observations are clear. Even with a purged payroll, this team is much better off than in years past. Things going forward are looking brighter. Compete this year, every game and every snap!
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    All off season, all of us wanted competitive football, we got it this weekend.

first, I agree we need to use 45, but if you go back, at least 3 of pryors escapes are directly a result of 45's blocking.
    we had a lot of rookie mistakes. after Mustrad got hurt, 88 (kasa) was confused and we got the 12 men penalty.

after spending so much time with "backpeddle" Palmer, Pryor should know how to throw a ball out of bounds!! The last INT was as much route running as it was a bad decision.

If Jani makes the first field goal, we were in position for an "easy" run the clock and kick to end it.

lots of mistakes, but plenty to build on. lets get some guys healthy.

Love the D-line play & blitzes.

Dennis Allen, YOU'RE FIRED!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kola View Post
    Hey Fellow Raider fans.

Sorry for creating a new thread, I don’t post very often… I enjoy reading what people have to say a little more but thought i would post a little something about yesterdays game.

First, my god was I wrong about mike huff… after watching the ravens and raiders week 1 games, huff is an average player at best. Woodson on the other hand looked great! I didn’t see him miss one tackle and seemed to be in great position the whole game, really glad to have him back and really sad I have a mike huff jersey.

Second, I know the D got burned but overall looked much better in my opinion. The only thing I could say was we didn’t generate enough consistent pressure on the QB… after the first half we started sending more players and looked much better, coverage wasn’t too bad seeing how we gave luck so much time to operate.

Last, I really enjoyed watching Pryor play. It’s been some time since I really thought we would come back and win the game, sucks that he took the sack on 1st and goal but Overall I liked the how the offense played and can’t wait to see how we do vs the Jags.

Let me know what you guys thought about the game.

Take Care and Go Raiders!
    The defense looked great in terms of very, very low expectations from others. (Even I had serious doubts about the defense, but they definitely opened my eyes. And imagine what Moore will do once he starts.) In regards to putting more pressure on the QB, I was impressed with how many times they got Luck scrambling. Given a Raiders weak depth and lack of talent on the defense, they had Luck moving far more often than I could've imagined. The play that I've had difficulty shaking off what when Burrnett had Luck wrapped up, then just let him go; that's just inexcusable. I figured Luck was going to run all over the Raiders' defense, but that didn't happen as often as I thought, which is good.

Pryor is the future for the Raiders organization if some haven't figured that out after yesterdays game. He gives the Raiders something that no other QB has done since Rich Gannon (or Jason Campbell, in my opinion): a chance to win each week. (No, I didn't forget to mention Carson Palmer, folks. Pryor is very exciting to watch, and even that much more exciting to watch grow in the NFL. I never thought I'd see the day when I had faith in a Raiders' QB wearing the number 2 on his jersey :P Bleacher Report has the rare ability to post a couple of good articles from time-to-time, and one of the few I'm referring to being 'Is Terrelle Pryor's Success Really Sustainable?' Check it out if you haven't already because there is truth/insight to be informed about Pryor and the remainder of the season. For the first time in a while I woke up from a Sunday loss in a good, optimistic mood.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong they consistently are.

-Stork

vCash

Thoughts and Observations

Pryor has a ways to go before I'll anoint him the 'future of the team'....but he played better than expected.

If a legit Super Bowl QB played like Pryor did yesterday, he'd be getting ripped today for choking, but expectations and perspective being what they are, he's being lauded as the second coming before ever actually winning a game.

It'll be interesting to see the progress he makes this year, and the effect that'll have on McKenzie's inclination to draft a QB next April.

-Stork

vCash
    Vast improvement over last year's defense. Pryor looked good, still needs work with his mechanics, but his running was astounding and he made quite a few excellent passes. Pretty decent job by tight ends and pieced together o-line.

vCash
    The Raiders are playing team football they just need time to put it all together Allen is proving to be a much better head coach then i imagined he has the team believing in him ,and his gameplan.
    Well coached teams wins ball games so as long as we have that we'll have a chance every week to win that is all we can ask for .

Feel the wrath of the darkside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak18 View Post
    Yeah Pryor needs to take command of the huddle better and be more aware of the play clock.
    McFadden almost never had a whole to run though, or a surging line to run behind.
    The pass protection looked decent, hard to tell with Pryor scrambling all the time.
    The pass rush impressed me, so many different looks and blitzes, I loved it.
    Our defense swarmed to the ball and hit hard. I liked everybody on the defense besides Porter, he was in good position but has bad ball skills.
    Mychal Rivera fighting for yards got me pumped up! I love that effort!
    Pryor played well, played hard, but his stupid decisions will continue to haunt him.
    Marcell Reese wasn't used enough.
    The coaches did a great job play calling and getting this team ready. My expectations were exceeded. Lets hope this hard play wasnt a fluke!
    Great point. Greg Olsen is getting creative (e.g., McFadden acting like a WR for the near TD) and I can't help but feel that the sky is the limit with Pryor due to having so many options to gain yards. I can see Pryor being a jack-of-all-trades with more experience at the helm of the offense. One play I loved seeing was Rod Streater's veer across the middle. Honestly, it looked as if they took that play from the Colts' playbook and inputted Streater where Reggie Wayne would be.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong they consistently are.

-Stork

vCash
    ^Yea i basically agree with most of you guy^
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvnblckatck View Post
    One very nice observation. We had 0 three and outs for the entire game. Anyone else remember the last time that happened in a regular season game?
    Interesting.

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

vCash

Did You Notice?

Aside from Pryor's interceptions and amazing running, did you guys notice the drastic improvement i mechanics? He kept calm in a pocket full of chaos on numerous plays and he kept his head down field instead of tucking it and running all day. When we moves up in the pocket, he doesn't take one step, he moves up with both appropriately like a polished QB. He used to move up with one foot and rely solely on his arm strength to make a one armed throw. He's learned that that results in interceptions.

The kid is starting to throw bullets too, using his arm strength to maximum proficiency. The ball he throws no longer sails and has a lot of velocity on his intermediate and long throws. The only thing missing now is his ability to read defenses. He has improved on it but he needs to get better if he wants to be elite.

I've had my share of doubts on this kid and I've spent 3 years doubting him but I'm done. He improved enough to silence me and keep my mouth shut. With his hard work, passion, leadership skills, size and potential, his ceiling is limitless and I now give him proper respect he earned.

I'm no longer doubting this slept on Raiders roster either. When Watson and Veldheer return and Pryor can actually throw in peace, I want to see if he will dissect defenses. I think he could with his improved mechanics/throws.

I'm finally Team Pryor.

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast