Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Everybody keeps talking about Ponder BUT

what about Musgrave? The Vikings kept talking about how Patterson is an electrifying player, but they didn't show it on Sunday. I know he might be raw, but that doesn't mean he can't play anyways. I read that he only played FIVE offensive snaps. That is pretty terrible for a first-round receiver (even if it is the first game and he is raw).

vCash
    I just want to know why Musgrave continually runs these single wr sets? I don't know if they ran more than 3 plays with a "slot" receiver. JArius Wright only came out for about 2 plays!!! The lions have the worst 2ndary and we did them a favor by not forcing them to have to cover anyone. How do you expect people to get open when u use tight formations and bunch up 3 TE's in the middle of the field.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash

Everybody keeps talking about Ponder BUT

Ya I really expected him to be used like we used Harvin. Was odd to me. Hopefully changes are made next Sunday

ACE
    1-1
    7.50 ERA
    12.0 IP
    12 K
    1.33 WHIP

vCash
    That's my main gripe from the game yesterday is that we didn't try to spread them out. I know that is against our philosophy but let's admit it that our front was getting man handled by the Detroit front. Detroit is down right nasty in their front 4.

We could have done 4 WR with Patterson and Simpson on the outside & Wright & Jennings on the inside or even Rudolph in one of the spots. I'm starting to question Musgraves ability to adapt and change.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Did anyone else notice that Jennings looked mad every time the camera was on him? I don't blame him. Ponder looked bad to me. I'm on board with Ponder for the year, but he's making it hard for me. Also, Musgrave needs to figure out how to keep 9 God Da mn defenders out of the box and tight sets are OBVIOUSLY not the answer.
    -You're picturing me as Adrian Peterson again, aren't you?? Don't be silly, Adrian Peterson.

vCash
    Ponder has no experience of WRs that has been in the game years before he enter the NFL. He can only click with WRs that are quick...not smart WRs. Jennings is one of the top WR that use smart...not quickness to play his games? You can see most throws to him has to be quick and he's off target at times.

Musgrave pretty much focus on maybe AP's goal for this year. We're doing too much of the running that the passing game just never get there. Should have use Wright like last year and now with even Patterson, they could be quicker and better weapons for Ponder? We see in preseason, Ponder can't click with Jennings, his #1 WR. I hope we'll do better in next game.

vCash
    Musgrave has to go. He's probably the worst OC in football. Patterson played 5 snaps! 5 freakin snaps. That's beyond ridiculous. Unfortunately firing him after 1 week probably won't happen. Also, Ponder is brutal. I am probably the last ponder supporter around, but I can't defend this crap anymore. Teddy Bridgewater or Taj Boyd need to be our QB next year.

vCash
    Lions fan here...

Patterson definitely looked like a spark plug out there, am looking forward to seeing him play this season.

Good luck the rest of the way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MonroeFAN View Post
    Lions fan here...

Patterson definitely looked like a spark plug out there, am looking forward to seeing him play this season.

Good luck the rest of the way.
    Considering that he was a shoelace away from breaking off his first KR for a TD and was one man away from scoring on a screen it is pretty hard to argue that he should not be on the field at this point. If we are giving him designed plays, who cares, he got 10 yards and almost scored. I would not be surprised if Patterson ends up being more explosive than Harvin in the future just for the fact that he is capable of running through people due to his size. I fully expect him to be on the field much more in Chicago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sdak87 View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Jennings looked mad every time the camera was on him? I don't blame him. Ponder looked bad to me. I'm on board with Ponder for the year, but he's making it hard for me. Also, Musgrave needs to figure out how to keep 9 God Da mn defenders out of the box and tight sets are OBVIOUSLY not the answer.
    If I was jennigs I would be pissed too...and not at Ponder. Jennings was not part of the game plan yesterday period.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Frazier said it was more of a coaches decision Patterson wasn't in, and the reason being we were trying to find our flow..........horrible reasoning when Wright got snaps in the mid 20's. Not a smart way to get a contact extension.

As for Musgrave, he is an idiot. No way around that. But, most said the same about Bevell. Bevell did just fine with Favre, and now Russell Wilson. If we had a decent qb, I think he would look better than with a backup quality signal caller.

vCash
    Musgrave game plan:

1st down- run AP
    2nd down- run AP regardless of what happened on 1st down
    3rd down- if AP had been able to do anything on 1st or 2nd, there wouldn't be a 3rd down...so if there is, make Ponder throw a 20 yard pass
    When he can't, it's 4th down...punt

As a Ducks alum, I originally liked the Musgrave hiring. I'm long past that...he only survived last year because AP went off. He sucks and needs to be as gone as this heat wave.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment