Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Three Man Rush=Rodgers Sacked

You know, I was going to leave the game before the last play with a "well good job, good effort. They are the better team today." But that last play...

Typical Hail Mary from the line of scrimmage, 49ers defenders go deep with only three men rushing. Now you would think it would just be 90% incomplete/interception, whatever, at least its a try. But no, something inconceivable happens...Rodgers still gets sacked.

Yep, three people was all it took to get past the offensive line and sack Rodgers before he had to throw it away of course so that the sack wasn't official. Oh but you don't fool me box score. Call it an incomplete pass all you want, but I saw the whole thing, WE ALL SAW IT!

If I were the coach (which would be a terrible idea since I would suck but not the point), I would be fumming over it. I would yell at them. "YOU ****ING DISGRACE! YOU GUY ARE COMING TO PRACTICE TOMMORROW AT 5:00 AM! Arrive 15 minutes early OR GTFO of this team! Also bring bricks. Because were going to use them to throw at the offensive linemen for that pathetic showing. Because they deserve it."

Yes, I actually do suggest throwing bricks at the offensive linemen. Also aim at the head, even if they have helmets on.

If the Packers play like that consistently and eventually lose out of the postseason again, this will be the main highlight of this season. If you can't protect the QB from a 3 man rush, you won't win the game.

vCash
    It was a bad play. It happens. Get over it

In fact, the OL was pretty good considering the defense.

vCash
    One bad snap defines a unit.

vCash
    Well they had to wait till the guys got down there. Our OL didn't get killed the whole game so im happy. Our run blocking sucks though, i am more worried about that than our pass blocking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
    It was a bad play. It happens. Get over it

In fact, the OL was pretty good considering the defense.
    Wrong. The defense was actually pretty good with all things considered...well for the first 2.5 half quarters anyway.

Offensive line: Same story. Rodgers once again has to constantly scramble away from 2 or 3 oncoming defenders ready to sack the **** out of him because blindside and right side are playing patty cake with the center.

Chances are, I'm overreacting, but this is the same BS that I've seen for the last 3 years. Nothing has changed one bit. Packers still have an offensive line that can't protect, Packers still have an inconsistent defense despite how talented they are as individuals, Packers still don't have a RB that's better than Aaron Rodgers (although Lacy got a rushing TD...yay), and we still cant figure out how to stop that one guy that is constantly destroying the team in the game. (whether it's Boldin, Kapernick, Reggie Wayne, etc).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    One bad snap defines a unit.
    I like you Norm but cut the sarcasm, not the time damn it! XD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNA17 View Post
    Wrong. The defense was actually pretty good with all things considered...well for the first 2.5 half quarters anyway.

Offensive line: Same story. Rodgers once again has to constantly scramble away from 2 or 3 oncoming defenders ready to sack the **** out of him because blindside and right side are playing patty cake with the center.

Chances are, I'm overreacting, but this is the same BS that I've seen for the last 3 years. Nothing has changed one bit. Packers still have an offensive line that can't protect, Packers still have an inconsistent defense despite how talented they are as individuals, Packers still don't have a RB that's better than Aaron Rodgers (although Lacy got a rushing TD...yay), and we still cant figure out how to stop that one guy that is constantly destroying the team in the game. (whether it's Boldin, Kapernick, Reggie Wayne, etc).
    You are overreacting. That's it.

I didn't speak about our defense. They have some pretty good pass rushers and the OL was fine (PassPro) and sucked at run blocking. We started a rookie LT against Aldon Smith and except for a few plays, he was really good. The last play was bad but things like that happens.

Clay for example was unblock several times and the 49ers have one of the better OL in the NFL. Bad plays happen.

vCash
    Stop watching football. You make me anxious.

Seriously? The O-line played ok against one of the better defenses in the league. Last year the line was manhandled by the 9er defense but tonight the line did good enough to win. Better field position, a turn over, a secondary with a pulse, and the Pack would have pulled it out.

REC:

TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNA17 View Post
    I like you Norm but cut the sarcasm, not the time damn it! XD
    I was actually impressed with our pass protection based on what my expectations were having the tackles start we did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Before4 View Post
    Stop watching football. You make me anxious.

Seriously? The O-line played ok against one of the better defenses in the league. Last year the line was manhandled by the 9er defense but tonight the line did good enough to win. Better field position, a turn over, a secondary with a pulse, and the Pack would have pulled it out.
    Yep! Kind of my thinking.

Next Sunday is going to take ages to get here.

vCash
    He didnt get sacked though........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tram0n man View Post
    Holy ****! I was so pissed off he got hit at all I forgot he didn't actually get sacked.
    Jordy Nelson 2014 Stats
    Receptions: 18 | Yards: 292 | TDs: 1 | Avg: 16.2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tram0n man View Post
    Lol, I kind of forgot he did get it away. We only gave up 2 sacks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Lol, I kind of forgot he did get it away. We only gave up 2 sacks?
    That would be pretty good with our OTs. lol

vCash
    You seem to forget that we had a rookie at LT (Bahk) and a 2nd year RT (Barclay). All things considering our PB was pretty good. Again, our RB sucked

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast