Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

D-line a strength?

While it makes sense to harbor concerns about the defensive line based on some preseason showings, I actually think this could end up being our strongest unit overall. While unproven as a unit, they are nine deep with very good size and youth. The key is getting these guys rotated properly to keep them fresh, unlike what was done in the past.

RE 99 L. Houston 58 R. Robinson
    DT 98 V. Walker 96 C. Bilukidi
    NT 90 P. Sims 92 S. McGee
    LE 93 J. Hunter 91 J. Crawford 75 B. Sanford

No, there is no premier rusher, but they ought to be able to collapse the pocket and should be very good against the run. I hope I am right!

vCash
    It is as poor as it gets and one of the worst in The NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet View Post
    Can you at least let them play a real game or two before making this statement?

This will be the first game where all the starters play, minus Sio possibly, but Maivia should be up the task. Let's see what they can accomplish or not accomplish before writing them off.

vCash
    The complete unit, which is now healthy, has never played a regular season game....so, would you rather be right or wrong?
    Last edited by Pillage Idiot; 09-07-2013 at 11:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillage Idiot:27005657
    The complete unit, which is now healthy, has never played a regular season game....so, would you rather be right or wrong?
    I would rather keep it real and say what it is and what I think it will be by seasons end.

vCash
    Yes this d line is good. It will be the best d line the Raiders have fielded in quite some time. They will be stout against the run, however I believe they need an additional blitzer on occasion to get pressure or "collapse" the pocket. All the bone headed money hungry slobs are gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderIke37 View Post
    Yes this d line is good. It will be the best d line the Raiders have fielded in quite some time. They will be stout against the run, however I believe they need an additional blitzer on occasion to get pressure or "collapse" the pocket. All the bone headed money hungry slobs are gone.
    I'm so happy we got rid of the "leaders" in Seymour and Kelly.
    Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

vCash
    This will all come down to how well coached they are .I don't care who is on the roster if we have a strong coaching staff the team as a whole will be able to compete that alone will be a big improvement from years past.
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash

vCash

I told everyone why I thought d line would be a strength.

I would rather keep it real and say what it is and what I think it will be by seasons end.
    You said they wouldn't but you didn't say why but said you were keeping it real. What parts of what I said do you disagree with?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillage Idiot:27006167
    You said they wouldn't but you didn't say why but said you were keeping it real. What parts of what I said do you disagree with?
    It is a issue of talent. Simms is not what I would call a good run stoper , Houston is our best DL player and he has a great motor but not a one-man gang, and the lack of depth I feel is not good. I saw nothing in preseason against a starting unit that makes me think in.a regular season game we are going to be getting to the QB or stop the run (Dallas was tour best game against the run and they are not a good running team) and no rookies of FA picks stood out to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillage Idiot View Post
    While it makes sense to harbor concerns about the defensive line based on some preseason showings, I actually think this could end up being our strongest unit overall. While unproven as a unit, they are nine deep with very good size and youth. The key is getting these guys rotated properly to keep them fresh, unlike what was done in the past.

RE 99 L. Houston 58 R. Robinson
    DT 98 V. Walker 96 C. Bilukidi
    NT 90 P. Sims 92 S. McGee
    LE 93 J. Hunter 91 J. Crawford 75 B. Sanford

No, there is no premier rusher, but they ought to be able to collapse the pocket and should be very good against the run. I hope I am right!
    It's probably worth noting that the more these guys, or any particular unit for that matter, play together, then the stronger they become each day. They should be carrying a grudge and have a reason to play aggressive because of the low expectations this season. Who wouldn't want to prove others wrong when being the underdog each Sunday? I live for Raider football!

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong they consistently are.

-Stork

vCash
    It's gonna come down to execution.I think we have a useable defense but can the coaches be creative.

vCash
    By season's end, this'll be the best defense we've fielded in over a decade. Not saying a whole lot, I know, but its a step in the right direction.

Love to see them keep it to 20pt or less per game....maybe make a run at keeping the total points against figure under 300.

-Stork

vCash
    I'm not expecting a win, but I would like to keep it close in the 4th. That being the case, maybe a 55 yd fg wins it.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast