Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,022
    vCash
    1500

    What contending team do you think the Knicks match up well against?

    It's september I'm bored yankees are sucking so ya.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    1,806
    vCash
    1500
    It depends on health.. If we are 100%. We can match up with all... If both Bargs and Stat are hurt.. Maybe Miami.. We are too small for everyone else.. If Melo is hurt.. We don't have a shot..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    93
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksYanks View Post
    It's september I'm bored yankees are sucking so ya.
    I hear crickets.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind the 8 ball
    Posts
    12,191
    vCash
    1500
    Surprisingly the Heat are a pretty good matchup for us.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,926
    vCash
    1500
    Miami

    #TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    5,114
    vCash
    1500
    Yea, we match up well against the Heats based on the regular season. Bulls are a bad match-up so is Indy. Not sure about the Nets yet. Even though we improved, we did nothing to improve our rebounding situation.
    Last edited by Blitzace137; 09-07-2013 at 09:33 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,630
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by EnWhyKay View Post
    It depends on health.. If we are 100%. We can match up with all... If both Bargs and Stat are hurt.. Maybe Miami.. We are too small for everyone else.. If Melo is hurt.. We don't have a shot..
    this and it depends on potential if bargs and amare are both healthy and playing good nobody can beat us atleast on paper obviously melo and co need to be healthy too



    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    782
    vCash
    1500
    Not sure why everyone claims health is a deciding factor when pretty much all teams deal with injuries.

    The Knicks areas of strength in the playoffs will actually come from Tyson MWP and Shumpert.

    You have to keep games close enough to allow offensive execution take you over the top.

    The offensive chess matchup in playoff games usually kick in late in the 4th quarter.

    You cannot be a weak defensive team and expect to match up well against anyone.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    1,806
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagged QT View Post
    Not sure why everyone claims health is a deciding factor when pretty much all teams deal with injuries.

    The Knicks areas of strength in the playoffs will actually come from Tyson MWP and Shumpert.

    You have to keep games close enough to allow offensive execution take you over the top.

    The offensive chess matchup in playoff games usually kick in late in the 4th quarter.

    You cannot be a weak defensive team and expect to match up well against anyone.
    I agree.. At the same time you need guys who can consistently put the ball in the basket or get to the free throw line to soften up opposing defenses. We know what we will get from Melo.. But that 2nd guy is key. That is basically my point. Both of our potential second guys are injury prone.. The rest are inconsistent jump shooters..
    The Dark Knight Rises to Save Gotham Once again..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    847
    vCash
    1500
    I like our chances against Miami , I think we will take care of bk with no problem, but the team that we match up most evenly against would have to be okc . That's just my opinion . I also think that if we were at full strength against Indy last year that would have been a great matchup as well but unfortunately nothing went our way, Kidd couldn't hit a shot ( and now we know why because he wanted his cross town rivals to lose) jr couldn't make a shot , apparently melo, jr, and Tyson were injured. And so on. And we still took them to six games. So I feel that if we're even close to 100% then we would have a great chance against Indy! The one team that I think gives us the biggest problem is Chicago . For some reason they always seem to out play us , but I have a feeling that will change this year, even with d rose coming back!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    782
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by EnWhyKay View Post
    I agree.. At the same time you need guys who can consistently put the ball in the basket or get to the free throw line to soften up opposing defenses. We know what we will get from Melo.. But that 2nd guy is key. That is basically my point. Both of our potential second guys are injury prone.. The rest are inconsistent jump shooters..
    To be honest, Melo doesnt do that either....he scores, but not consistently...or efficiently.

    He needs to be paired with a guy who is consistent and efficient, which is why it sucks that Amare cant stay healthy.

    But if Amare can actually play 20 minutes, those would be on a majority second half minutes....you need an efficient scorer down the stretch.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18,722
    vCash
    1500
    Said it last year, we match up very well with Miami.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    classified
    Posts
    11,671
    vCash
    1500
    Heat and Bulls I think. Still not confident going against Indiana.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,521
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think regular season success means anything against a team like the Heat.

    The Bulls, even with Rose, always matched up well with Miami in the regular season but that didn't translate to success in the playoffs.


    2014-2015 New York Knicks

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ENY to Bayshore
    Posts
    920
    vCash
    1500
    Im not optimistic about the upcoming season as I was for lastseason "Old-Heads" coaching-staff (who I predicted would win the Atlantic Division Title this time last year).
    We will be lucky if the Knicks are able to fight hard with the upgraded Detroit Pistons for the 5th seed in the 2013-14 season.
    Lastseason HC Woody gain no strategic points or coach to player points in the regular n postseason games. Our postseason coaching was so poor that there was no way we couldve beat the Boston Celtics in a series if they had PG-Rondo.
    Our first game loss vs the Pacers in the postseason gave the Pacers club all the confidence they need to win the series without breaking a sweat.
    Last edited by Stressindecade; 09-13-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •