Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Melky has benign tumor removed

Gregor Chisholm ‏@gregorMLB 35m
    #BlueJays discovered a benign tumor near the spine of Melky Cabrera's lower back. It has since been removed.

scary stuff. that explains the leg issues

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    At least this gives us a possible reason for the nagging leg injury he had all season.

vCash
    ok for Melky as an normal human being, good thing he caught this before it got really bad. couldve turned very serious. As an athlete, this is a valid excuse for your injuries, and you have one last chance to redeem yourself next year. 100% healthy, one last chance to prove the doubters wrong.
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

vCash
    glad they took care of it

but i dont see how this explains the injury.. i'm not a doctor (not yet at least) but i dont see what the spine has to do with the constant hamstring issues that Melky had

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    Melky's lucky they found it and fixed it but his problem is the effects of coming off the PED's. He's not going to be faster or better. But I am not one to cut down a guy who' s faced this , but its hard to believe this particular problem had anything to do with why he pretty much stunk ALL year and that this was just found.

But I'm no doctor so maybe it did effect his play, not the bad reads and lousy throws, but maybe the running!
    Last edited by wagnall; 09-07-2013 at 10:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post

but i dont see how this explains the injury.. i'm not a doctor (not yet at least) but i dont see what the spine has to do with the constant hamstring issues that Melky had
    you need your spine for everything in your body. without your spine, it affects literally everything.
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post

Pretty sure it was a knee issue.

And they said that it did affect it. And as I am NOT a doctor Ill take their word for it.

vCash
    Pretty cool how he ran back out there for most of the season with a tumor on his back. Shows character and a bummed leg. It also explains the random leg issue. Could see him return to 2012 form

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nithanyo View Post
    Could see him return to 2012 form
    Not a chance IMO. Not in the AL and not without the PED's.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Its funny how people automatically assume that just because a player had been caught ONCE with PED that they automatically stop using it. And also its funny how people automatically think that PED's drastically help performance when in reality the amount they help you is minimal. Have a look at players who have taken PED's and been caught and suspended. How much do you think PED"s helped players like Grandal, Freddy Galvis, Fransisco Cervelli, etc.

And while cabrera tested positive for higher levels of testosterone the fact that players can still use amphetamines with a doctors note while others caught with amphetamines w/o a doctors note get suspended shows that this drug policy is strictly a show for Bud and to enhance his positions a commissioner prior to him leaving his post as likely one of the worst commissioners in MLB history. (Wow can you say run on sentence?)

Also what does the AL have to do with the level of success? I personally dont think it matters but you can make the argument that its more favourable to player in the AL East. With the bandbox stadiums in New York, Boston and Baltimore and with Rogers Centre turning into a launching pad, cabrera (or any other player) has a better chance to be productive in the AL East than NL West. THe NL West has tough hitters parks like in SanFrancisco, LA, and San Diego.
    Last edited by JaysFan87; 09-08-2013 at 09:24 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    Its funny how people automatically assume that just because a player had been caught ONCE with PED that they automatically stop using it. And also its funny how people automatically think that PED's drastically help performance when in reality the amount they help you is minimal. Have a look at players who have taken PED's and been caught and suspended. How much do you think PED"s helped players like Grandal, Freddy Galvis, Fransisco Cervelli, etc.

And while cabrera tested positive for higher levels of testosterone the fact that players can still use amphetamines with a doctors note while others caught with amphetamines w/o a doctors note get suspended shows that this drug policy is strictly a show for Bud and to enhance his positions a commissioner prior to him leaving his post as likely one of the worst commissioners in MLB history. (Wow can you say run on sentence?)

Also what does the AL have to do with the level of success? I personally dont think it matters but you can make the argument that its more favourable to player in the AL East. With the bandbox stadiums in New York, Boston and Baltimore and with Rogers Centre turning into a launching pad, cabrera (or any other player) has a better chance to be productive in the AL East than NL West. THe NL West has tough hitters parks like in SanFrancisco, LA, and San Diego.
    First paragraph. I agree mostly, you still have to make contact and good contact no matter what. However when a player is 60 pts higher in things like OBP and BA and then gets caught, you have got to at least question how much it was helping. Add the 100 point boost to SLG and then you get beyond just questioning it.

Second paragraph. Yeah, that's horse crap that they allow for that, lol.

Third paragraph. The AL is known more for hitting and big ball. I agree with what your saying here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Melky's lucky they found it and fixed it but his problem is the effects of coming off the PED's. He's not going to be faster or better. But I am not one to cut down a guy who' s faced this , but its hard to believe this particular problem had anything to do with why he pretty much stunk ALL year and that this was just found.

But I'm no doctor so maybe it did effect his play, not the bad reads and lousy throws, but maybe the running!
    I honestly think PED free Melky is an .820+ ops guy. One of the main reasons why I think his numbers plumited is simply the negative side effects of suddenly being off the juice. The longer his body gets used to being PED free the more his natural power will come back imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    I honestly think PED free Melky is an .820+ ops guy. One of the main reasons why I think his numbers plumited is simply the negative side effects of suddenly being off the juice. The longer his body gets used to being PED free the more his natural power will come back imo.
    2011 and 2012 were the Peds which inflated his numbers, prior to 2011 his OPS's were.671,.752,.642,.718 and .751. I don't doubt he will be in the 700's only because of the expierence factor, but there is no evidence that without Peds he will come near .800 OPS......JMHO...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    First paragraph. I agree mostly, you still have to make contact and good contact no matter what. However when a player is 60 pts higher in things like OBP and BA and then gets caught, you have got to at least question how much it was helping. Add the 100 point boost to SLG and then you get beyond just questioning it.

Second paragraph. Yeah, that's horse crap that they allow for that, lol.

Third paragraph. The AL is known more for hitting and big ball. I agree with what your saying here.
    Sure you can question it, but how do you know when he started taking whatever he was taking? How do you know he wasnt taking whatever he was taking since day 1?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    Sure you can question it, but how do you know when he started taking whatever he was taking? How do you know he wasnt taking whatever he was taking since day 1?
    The dramatic diff. in 2011 in K.C. and 2012 in San Fran. compared to anything he's ever done tells me he started day 1 2011.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast