Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Question Jeron Mastrud Starting TE?

Where did this Jeron Mastrud guy come from? The only time I saw him make a play was a one handed catch he made vs the Seahawks but followed it by a drop. He's our starting TE this week but im not even sure why he made the team. Ill rather have Nick Kasa starting because he could big target for pryor

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    I don't remember seeing Mastrud play this pre-season.

He's starting? Jesus, who are these people?

vCash
    Umm...I have no idea why he's starting. Is Ausberry injured? Or do they just not think he's capable of pass/run blocking well enough? If anything, Kasa should start over Mastrud.

vCash
    We've got an injured and weak OL and three healthy TEs. Two are rookies. One is a vet whose forte is blocking. Makes sense to me. Mastrud will be spending a lot of time blocking on the left side.

vCash
    Mastrud made that great 1 handed catch from Pryor in the Seattle game. He is the best pure blocker and isn't totally with out game. Kasa will probably start over Rivera in 2 TE sets.

vCash
    ^This is what I've heard he is in mostly for blocking, I'm all for an extra blocker considering our line!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderscott:27000484
    ^This is what I've heard he is in mostly for blocking, I'm all for an extra blocker considering our line!
    I don't know much about this guy but if he is our best blocker at TE very wise to start him considering our OL situation.

vCash
    He's only in because Ausberry is still out from that shoulder injury from New Orleans game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet View Post
    I don't know much about this guy but if he is our best blocker at TE very wise to start him considering our OL situation.
    He is a vet who played in Miami. Nothing spectacular there. He is our best blocker. He is the reason why Gordan didnt make the roster. He did have that nice catch preseason game 4 against seattle. He will see a lot of action as a blocker. We will see Rivera and Kasa come in on a lot of 2 te sets till Ausberry comes back.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    Is it me or is this guy non-existent? Why not use nick kasa. We have been struggling in the end zone and he's a tall guy that can be a big target for Pryor. I know this will sound bad beacuse of the muder but Kasa and Rivera can turn out to be our version of what gronk and Hernandez used to be. DA is just taking away an extra weapon pryor could have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    Is it me or is this guy non-existent? Why not use nick kasa. We have been struggling in the end zone and he's a tall guy that can be a big target for Pryor. I know this will sound bad beacuse of the muder but Kasa and Rivera can turn out to be our version of what gronk and Hernandez used to be. DA is just taking away an extra weapon pryor could have.
    Both Mastrud and Rivera have been playing. I think both will end up playing far less when Ausberry gets back.

Either way, it's only been two games. It's too small of a sample size for anyone to make definitive arguments in one direction or the other.

vCash
    Rivera has been pretty impressive to me so far. Very good hands. Mastrud is nothing but a blocker and he looked like he runs about an 8.3 forty on his catch in Indy.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    I actually expect him to be released when Ausberry returns. Carrying 4 tight ends isn't very likely or sensible, and the coaches are apparently high on Kasa as well. I think we could see Ausberry start, Rivera see an increase in snaps, and Kasa be a fixture in short yardage situations while he continues to refine his game.

I think we can all agree Rivera is looking like nice value in the late rounds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    I actually expect him to be released when Ausberry returns. Carrying 4 tight ends isn't very likely or sensible, and the coaches are apparently high on Kasa as well. I think we could see Ausberry start, Rivera see an increase in snaps, and Kasa be a fixture in short yardage situations while he continues to refine his game.

I think we can all agree Rivera is looking like nice value in the late rounds.
    I like Rivera, Kasa, and Ausbury...could be a dangerous trio if they get their heads on straight and stay healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I like Rivera, Kasa, and Ausbury...could be a dangerous trio if they get their heads on straight and stay healthy.

As I mentioned before, I LOVE the potential of that group. People just need to be patient with our offense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast