Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

JR Smith expected to be suspended for substance abuse

According to Isola suspended for 5 games for violation of drug policy

vCash

Jr Smith expected to be suspended for substance abuse

http://tracking.si.com/2013/09/06/nb...use-violation/

The NBA is set to suspend New York Knicks guard J.R. Smith for violating the league’s substance abuse policy, reports Yahoo! Sports.

Smith, the league’s Sixth Man of the Year award winner this past season, had patellar tendon surgery and an arthroscopy for a tear in the lateral meniscus of his left knee in July. He was expected to miss approximately 12 to 16 weeks.

Smith, 27, averaged 18.1 points and 5.3 rebounds a game last season as he helped the team win 54 games and advance to the playoffs, where they lost in the second round to the Indiana Pacer

We Rep The City! Not A Borough.
    True New Yorkers Wear Orange And Blue

vCash
    Damn, beat me to it.

vCash

JR to be suspended

Most likely marijuana

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksYanks View Post
    Most likely marijuana
    Probably lol

vCash

JR Smith Facing Suspension

This guy is a real genius

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1447902

The Knicks J.R. Smith will be fined and/or suspended by the NBA for violating the league and union's anti-drug program, the Daily News has learned.
    According to a person familiar with the situation, the NBA is expected to make a formal announcement either late Friday or Monday. The same source indicated that Smith did not test positive for a performance-enhancing drug.
    If the league suspends Smith for five games that would suggest that he tested positive for marijuana since the NBA's drug policy calls for a suspension only after a third positive test. A second offense results in a $25,000 fine while first positive test calls for the player to enter a program.
    Smith, the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year, is currently recovering from knee surgery and is not expected to be ready for the Knicks Oct. 30 regular season opener against the Milwaukee Bucks. If Smith is suspended it is unclear if the suspension will begin with the first game of the 2013-14 regular season or if it will begin when Smith is healthy enough to play.
    Smith is no stranger to trouble, having already been suspended a total 17 games by the NBA during his time with the Denver Nuggets. In 2006, NBA Commissioner David Stern suspended Smith 10 games for his involvement in a brawl against the Knicks. In August 2009, Smith was suspended seven games after he pleaded guilty to a reckless driving charge for a 2007 auto accident that resulted in the death of a passenger.
    Smith joined the Knicks in February 2012 after a brief stint in China and quickly became a fan favorite as well as a favorite of Manhattan nightlife. In fact, his lifestyle came into question during the playoffs after Smith was romantically linked to singer Rihanna. There were internet reports of Smith partying late into the night during the postseason. Those rumors seemed to be confirmed by Rihanna via Twitter when she wrote that Smith was "hungover from clubbing every night during (the) playoffs."
    Smith was nursing a sore knee which also contributed to his playoff struggles. But Smith was also his own worst enemy. The volatile shooting guard earned a one-game ban for elbowing Boston's Jason Terry in Game 3 of the Knicks-Celtics series. The Knicks were in position to sweep Boston but instead eliminated the Celtics in six games before losing to the Indiana Pacers in the second round. Overall, Smith averaged 14.3 points on 33 percent shooting in a disappointing postseason.
    Regardless of Smith's poor play and growing reputation as a Playboy, the Knicks re-signed Smith just days before he had patella tendon surgery and arthroscopic surgery to repair a lateral meniscus tear in his left knee and will miss 3-4 months.
    Smith signed a three-year deal worth $17 million which includes a player option after the second year of the contract. Smith averaged a career high 18.1 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists during the regular season.
    Last week, Smith said that he is 100 percent sure the Knicks end their 40-plus year championship drought this season.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz2e8cBDgT3

vCash

Jr Smith suspended 5 games :facepalm:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Y! Sources:
    New York's J.R. Smith suspended 5 games for violating NBA's substance abuse policy
    We Rep The City! Not A Borough.
    True New Yorkers Wear Orange And Blue

vCash
    Marijuana.

vCash

So is this after he is cleared after recovering from surgery or when the season starts?

vCash
    It doesn't really impact us, he was probably going to miss the first few games of the season anyway.

I know Isola brought it up in his article but I don't think they'll wait for him to come back from his injury to start his suspension. This isn't like baseball or football where there's a DL or IR so it'd be a bit too subjective in my opinion.

LBJ 2015

vCash

Lol Isola said nba suspends only after 3rd time being caught has he gotten caught before?

vCash

JR Smith expected to be suspended for substance abuse

Isola just tweeted

I said it in July - and got killed for it - and I'll say it again: the Knicks are headed in the wrong direction.

Wow he makes me angry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksYanks View Post
    Isola just tweeted

I said it in July - and got killed for it - and I'll say it again: the Knicks are headed in the wrong direction.

Wow he makes me angry
    I mean, he's entitled to his own opinion.

We're not winning a championship with the current team we have. We're essentially waiting a couple years for free agency, again. That's not the most foolproof plan to build a title contender.

LBJ 2015

vCash
    So what happens when Marijuana is actually legalized?..
    The Dark Knight Rises to Save Gotham Once again..

vCash
    Jr will never learn or grow up. Thank god its just 2 yes guaranteed. I knew he was high in all these instagram vids lol

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast