Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Week 1: Miami Dolphins @ Cleveland Browns

LGB I haven't heard anything from you in a while so figured I'd at least get a weak Game thread up. If you want to close this one out and post your regular one up with the better coding and everything please feel free to close this one. Thanks.

2 Days and Counting.

Some Friday Updates for the Brownies:

Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 36s
    #Browns starting RDE Desmond Bryant (back) upgraded to full participation in practice today. Was previously limited.
    Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 47m
    #Browns HC Chud said CB Buster Skrine (shoulder) was hurt during practice yesterday.
    Daryl Ruiter ‏@RuiterWrongFAN 50m
    Chud says Mingo making progress just not ready yet so they'll hold him out
    Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 52m
    #browns cb skrine questionable w/ shoulder for dolphins.
    Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 53m
    #Browns HC Chud said CB Skrine (shoulder) & DE Rubin (strained calf) are questionable for Sun. Neither practiced today.
    I can't believe that I am that worried about Skrine possibly missing this game. I really don't trust McFadden at this point going up against Gibson or Hartline consistently. At least if Rubin misses the game the DLine has some nice rotational pieces in Winn, Hughes and Kitchen. With Skrine going down dont know if they would call up one of Edwards, Frederick or Posey or just play Bads at the #4 Corner position but sadly it would be a major downgrade anyway you look at it. Really questioning the Corner depth they added this offseason at this time.

vCash
    Here are some notes from Friday's practice:
    •The only absence was third-string quarterback Pat Devlin, who has an ankle injury. Devlin hasn’t practiced all week, and it appears the Dolphins are comfortable going into Sunday's game with two quarterbacks. Miami starter Ryan Tannehill and backup Matt Moore got a lot of reps in practice this week without a third player available.

•Miami also is expected to be without rookie cornerbacks Will Davis (toe) and Jamar Taylor (groin). Both players rehabbed and worked with trainers in the portion of practice open to the media. Neither Davis nor Taylor practiced all week. So it’s safe to assume they won’t be available for Sunday’s game. Miami will release its final injury report with the official status designations Friday evening.

•It’s interesting to see the amount of starters and key contributors Miami has working on special teams. Starting tight end Charles Clay, cornerback Brent Grimes, No. 3 overall pick Dion Jordan and starting safeties Reshad Jones and Chris Clemons are all working on various special teams. We won't know for sure which starters will play in the third phase until Sunday. But it’s clear Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin is taking special teams very serious, even if it's an additional injury risk involved with key players.

•Dolphins starting cornerback Dimitri Patterson suffered an ankle injury in practice this week, but it’s not serious. Patterson hasn’t missed a practice and participated in team drills in Friday's portion of practice open to the media. The difference was Patterson wore a protective sleeve in Friday’s walkthrough.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...injury-updates

vCash

Guy at work and I have a couple friendly bets. Here's the questions:
    Who scores the first TD for the Browns?
    Over or under 3 sacks?
    Over or under 21 points aloud?

I said Little catches the first TD, over 3 sacks, over 21 points aloud. What do you all think?

vCash
    I expect a win this week of course. We are a little banged up but I love our chances. Dolphins had a nice off-season dishing out money but those guys still Need to prove their worth. Dolphin fans acting like hartline is Megatron lmao!! Are 2nd corner spot is weak but we will have plenty of pressure on Tanny boy.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    I'm going to the game. Can't wait!!

vCash
    T-Rich scores first TD (or Cameron)
    Under 3 sacks
    under 21 allowed

This game will come down to the offense's ability to stay on the field. If we win the time of possession battle, I like our chances. If Miami wins the battle by a wide margin...in for a long day!

vCash
    And the pain and humiliation begins... Dolphins come to the North Coast with little to no fear and an opponent that has a very clear history of opening day disasters... In the years since the Browns were reborn, they have managed a 1-13 record on opening day...

1-14 is next up..

-no sacks will be recorded..
    -whoever the kicker is for today's game will be the only player who puts points on the board for the Browns
    -21 points scored by the Dolphin will occur with more than a quarter remaining..

Save the response for the clever repartees coming from this posting as they're not worthy. You'd think the Browns fans would begin to learn.. they're gonna look like this ====> before the Browns are relevant.

Have a fun season.. I'll be at Progressive Field rooting on one of the two good teams this city has...

vCash
    Your a moron, why post that crap in here. Lol get a life old man. I support all Cleveland teams, if u can't that's fine u don't need to troll though,

vCash

Really glad we got Winn last year. Feel very confident in him replacing Rubin although I would like to see Rubin out their of course.

vCash

Also I am interested in seeing Obi's ( or as my dad says "Obama-gana-yana" ) role in the game. I watched some interviews with him and he seems like a very level headed intelligent player. Really like the guy.

vCash
    Go Browns!

vCash
    The team stayed at the same hotel as i did. I saw trent on my floor and then realized he was stayin a few doors down from me. Saw a fee other players throughout the night and saw them all leaving in the morning. Had no idea theyd be staying there but i thought it was pretty awesome.

vCash
    Can tannihill throw a ball over 5 yds? Nope

vCash
    Feel like Miami converting every 3rd down and our offense can't do anything...

vCash
    Browns back to beating themselves. Smh...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast