Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Udrih : Knicks can make it to the NBA Finals

Beno Udrih already got a taste of New York, attending last night’s U.S. Open quarterfinals. Now he wants a taste of a championship in the Big Apple.
    Udrih, the Knicks 31-year-old backup point guard who signed as a free agent last month, won two titles with the Spurs. Now he wants his new teammates thinking title from Day 1 of training camp, which begins Sept. 30.
    “I believe our team can go as far as going to the Finals,’’ Udrih told The Post at Ashe Stadium in his first remarks since signing. “We have to think like that from the first practice. We can be very good. It all depends how seriously we’re going to take it.
    “We all believe we can go really far. And our goal from the beginning has to be win it all because we know we’re going to be in the playoffs. Our mentality from the first practice has to be: we want to win a championship.’’
    The Slovenian point guard got paid $7 million last season, but he had to ply his trade in Milwaukee and Orlando. Nevertheless, it was a surprise the Knicks got him for the $1.4 million veteran’s minimum.
    “I just want to be on a winning team,’’ Udrih said. “The last couple of years I was with teams rebuilding. I was trying to bring them a winning mentality and it didn’t happen. Now I’m actually on a team where I can play basketball and help a team win instead of teaching young guys how to win.’’
    San Antonio, tried to get him back, Udrih said. Memphis was also in the mix and two European teams. “I’ve been there,‘’ Udrih said of nixing the Spurs. “I know their mentality. Tony Parker’s their guard. Been there, done that. I’ve always wanted to play for the Knicks. It’s something special. ‘’
    Udrih, who sat with his wife, already has a place in Manhattan. He has been working out at the Tarrytown practice facility with a handful of guys — Tyson Chandler, Iman Shumpert, Amar’e Stoudemire, Jeremy Tyler and Chris Smith, who has been invited to camp.
    Udrih said he wants to be one of the leaders as coach Mike Woodson wants to use him in a three-point-guard-platoon with Raymond Felton and Pablo Prigioni.
    “I know what it means how to win,’’ Udrih said. “Last year’s team got a taste of winning and had bad luck vs. Indiana [in the second round]. Tyson got sick — a lot of injury problems. We have to stay healthy all year and it’s good we have a deep team. Some guys can get time off and still get a win.’’

Source: http://nypost.com/2013/09/05/new-pg-...ke-nba-finals/
    I know it's a little early, but i love our roster right now.
    From Udrih to MWP to THJ to Bargs to Tyler to Murry etc.
    Every new addition seems genuinely very excited and happy to play for the Knicks organisation.
    This train of thought by Udrih and/or JR may be absurd and appear as 'wishful thinking' to fans of other teams, but i like the confidence from our team this year so i'll definitely support them for being so outspoken

''Embrace The Challenge"

vCash
    The addition of Udrih really mitigates the loss of Kidd. I think he'll bring similar skills to our team and hopefully can remain consistent throughout the season, unlike Kidd.

All in all we're much improved from last year. Can't wait to get the season started.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    The addition of Udrih really mitigates the loss of Kidd. I think he'll bring similar skills to our team and hopefully can remain consistent throughout the season, unlike Kidd.

All in all we're much improved from last year. Can't wait to get the season started.
    Udrih really makes up for the loss of Kidd. I was pissed off that we wasted our midlevel on kid. But Udrih is probably a better player than Kidd was last year. We don't have to worry about minute limits or those awful slumps that Kidd went through. This was a solid pick up.

vCash
    im sure the odds aren't in our favor to win a championship this season, but anything can happen, i think Glen has been trying to build the 2011 championship Mavs team and this is the closest he will get... we have a very, very similar roster to that team, we just need the chemistry and to avoid injuries.

if we can get pass indy, chi or bk, i like of chances. injuries are our biggest concern imo. every playoff a few of our main guys are injured.
    GO NY GO NY GO

vCash
    its a good feeling to not be concerned about making the playoff's, lol.
    GO NY GO NY GO

vCash
    We are getting guys to take pay cuts to come here now, that is the sign of a team that has respect around the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    We are getting guys to take pay cuts to come here now, that is the sign of a team that has respect around the league.
    Exactly. And sot ell me again why are we throwing Amare under the bus all the time? It started with him.

...Anyway...
    I love that this is coming from our 3rd string PG. This guy is not a starter, but he's solid all around playmaker. A real glue guy who can distribute/score/defend/playoff theball. Best pickup this offseason after Artest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robdesign13 View Post
    Exactly. And sot ell me again why are we throwing Amare under the bus all the time? It started with him.

...Anyway...
    I love that this is coming from our 3rd string PG. This guy is not a starter, but he's solid all around playmaker. A real glue guy who can distribute/score/defend/playoff theball. Best pickup this offseason after Artest.
    Beno is starting material

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    yea i think Beno will play more than Prigs... Prigs is 36 and a guy we should keep fresh for the playoffs. His full court defense in the playoffs will be big for us.

vCash
    We got the depth now and just need to step up on the center department somehow. It brings me nightmares what Hibbert did to us and Melo and Tyson are not getting any younger. Tyson, Metta, Shump are awesome too and with Beno and Bargs in there to help Melo with offense, its going to really throw some challenges at the opponents if the Knicks can get it right going into the season. This is a great all around team for offense, defense, youth, vets, experience, and locker room guys. We just need big strength in the middle and we are right there for the championship.

I am still all for Haddadi!

vCash

Am I the only one who have been thinking we could be every year for the last 20+ years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_badman View Post

Am I the only one who have been thinking we could be every year for the last 20+ years
    No you are no the only one. This is the number 1 mission for any sports franchise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post

Its nice to hear Beno having confidence in his new team to put them as number one #1.
    I wonder how Beno will adjust to Woody's walk the ball ISO-offense, and 4 guard defense?

Consistency was Jason Kidd's player/coach performance in the 4th quarter of our 54 win season, calling out oponents O/D plays, plus getting 110% respect from oponents and officials throughout the 82 game season.
    When it comes to the postseason-games nothing has change in the 10 yr NBA career of Super-Star ISO-Melo's teammates effort to win...

vCash
    What gets me is that when we got older people were making fun of us, but when the nets get older theres talk of them winning a chip. I think steven a. Smith is a fraud and really dislikes the knicks. I think we will di damage with bargs in the pick and roll centered around Melo and udric. I also think that with the injury and suspension to jr THJ will make it hard on coach to not play him.

But ultimately this should be our starting line up:
    Felton, prigs, T. Murry
    Shump, beno, Hardaway
    Melo, Jr
    Bargs, Metta
    TC, Stoudainjured

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_badman View Post

Badman for president...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast