Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

T.Pryor has a backer in Carson Palmer

Coach Dennis Allen might not yet be ready to proclaim publicly that Terrelle Pryor will start under center for the Oakland Raiders in their season opener at Indianapolis on Sunday. But Pryorís former mentor in Oakland is taking an interest just the same.

"Iím fired up for T.P.," Arizona quarterback
    Carson Palmer told ESPN.com. "I know he has patiently waited for his opportunity and has never lost confidence or focus while sitting patiently. He has worked as hard, or harder, than every other starter in the league and I believe he will play with a passion and intensity that the entire Raider Nation will be proud of."

Palmer, acquired by the Raiders from Cincinnati on Oct. 18, 2011, for what turned out to be a first-round draft pick in 2012 and a second-rounder in 2013, was due to make $13 million in Oakland this season.

But after balking at a pay cut and restructured contract that reportedly included no guarantees, Palmer, whose 4,018 yards passing in 2012 represented the second-highest single-season mark in Raiders history, was traded to the Cardinals on April 2. The Raiders also shipped a seventh-round choice in this yearís draft for Arizonaís sixth-rounder this year and a conditional pick in 2014.

A day earlier, Palmerís fate was sealed when the Raiders picked up
    Matt Flynn from Seattle for a fifth-round selection in 2014 and a conditional pick in 2015.

Flynn was Oaklandís presumptive starter throughout offseason workouts and until the last week of training camp before ineffectiveness and a sore elbow felled him, reportedly in favor of Pryor.

Palmer was 8-16 as the Raidersí starter, and Pryorís lone start, in last season's finale at San Diego, came after Palmer suffered broken ribs and a bruised lung on a helmet-to-back hit by Carolina defensive end
    Greg Hardy.

Pryor was 13-of-28 passing for 150 yards with two touchdowns and an interception and also ran nine times for 49 yards and a 3-yard touchdown in the Raidersí 24-21 loss to the Chargers.

"Whatever [Allenís] choice is, Iíll be ready," said Pryor, who added that he heard from Palmer last week.

"Even back in my first year, when Carson first came here, even last year when I was nowhere in sight to even play, I still studied, and I still was in the room with him and trying to understand defenses and trying to get better."

Link:
    http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...14&src=desktop

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    What a classy guy, Lls

vCash
    A nice endorsment from the Raiders QB that never should have been!! If we had one of those 1st round picks, we could have got a franchise QB already.

for all the CP3 lovers, he was crap in Cincy, crap in Oakland and will be crap in AZ.

Reggie's Rebuild!!

vCash
    Palmer has nothing to say that I want to hear. The Pryor work ethic does not impress me as much as winning games does. Right now i'm looking at Pryor having thrown for 31 yards in two quarters against Seattles 2nd string D. No TD's and one INT. That would equate to 62 yards per game with zero TD's and two INTs per game as we move forward. Yikes!
    Just Win Baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mal22 View Post
    What a classy guy, Lls
    Absolutely.

It was a class move from Palmer. Similar to how I feel about Campbell, I have no animosity towards Palmer - I hope he can find some success to cap off his career.

It wasn't going to work out in Oakland, which is a shame... but I hold nothing against him.

6. 09-05-2013, 01:34 PM
    Reason
    Not ok - SFrrush90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Absolutely.

It was a class move from Palmer. Similar to how I feel about Campbell, I have no animosity towards Palmer - I hope he can find some success to cap off his career.

It wasn't going to work out in Oakland, which is a shame... but I hold nothing against him.
    This.

vCash
    You guys can hate me if you want but I share no animosity towards Palmer. If he was still here (under a lower paying salary), the QB position wouldn't have become desolate. Palmer did what he could last year with a crappy line and no star bailout WRs.

I doubt he'll do better in Arizona somehow though. I don't remember the Cardinals ever having a line either.

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Absolutely.

exactly

vCash
    I've never understood why people hate on Palmer so much. What the hell did he do? Did he Orchestrate the trade that brought him from Cincy to Oakland? No! Did he play to the best of his ability and keep us competitive behind a fucxed up o-line, and with an offensive coordinator that couldn't win a Pop Warner game? Yes! Came you blame him for not restructuring a contract with $0 guaranteed? No. Palmer has been nothing but classy to the Raiders organization, and personally, I wish him well. He's a gunslinger, with a gunslinger mentality. What else can be said. I hope he and Fitz make for a solid combo in the desert.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    I've never understood why people hate on Palmer so much. What the hell did he do? Did he Orchestrate thhe trade that brought him from Cincy to Oakland? No! Did he play to the best of his ability and keep us competitive behind a ****** line, a fucxed up o-line, and an with an offensive coordinator that couldn't win a Pop Warner game? Yes! Came you blame him for not restructuring a contract with $0 guaranteed? No. Palmer has been nothing but classy to the Raiders organization, and personally, I wish him well. He's a gunslinger, with a gunslinger mentality. What else can be said. I hope he and Fitz make for a solid combo in the desert.
    EXACTLY! court adjourned!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 00raider81 View Post
    A nice endorsment from the Raiders QB that never should have been!! If we had one of those 1st round picks, we could have got a franchise QB already.

for all the CP3 lovers, he was crap in Cincy, crap in Oakland and will be crap in AZ.
    I was never a fan of bringing Palmer in. For all the good he does, he also makes a ton of losing plays. But what I REALLY didn't like about bringining him is the manner in which we (Hue) did it, from $hitting on Campbell, coddling him with Houshmadzedah, cutting Haggan, changing the offense from a run first pound maching to a soft gunslinger's paradise and generally acting like he was some sort of messiah that was going to turn the franchise around. I knew it would all burn, and that's why I am glad he's out of here.

As far as this post, two things stand out to me. For some, the focus is on what a swell guy Palmer is instead of the specific endorsement he gave. Second, note the contrast between how so many guys had no problem getting by Bruise Gradkowski for "playing with passion" "believing in himself" and "outworking everyone", yet trying to get nearly the same response for Pryor is akin to receiving a root canal. As fans, need to get behind this guy now.

vCash
    **** palmer straight Obie'd that ****

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    How do you feel about Oakland chances of winning At Indy this sunday?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Colts_4_life View Post
    How do you feel about Oakland chances of winning At Indy this sunday?
    You see where he is going with this don't you??? whatever

vCash
    I wish we would've got to see Palmer with a better line, a real offensive coordinator and a true number 1 receiver. Hue Jackson was a dumbass play caller and made a stupid trade. I remember being at the game against Detroit a couple years ago, Hue lost that game for the Raiders. Missed calling a time out that could've changed the game, then in the 4th quarter, on 4th and 1, he calls a pass play sending Moore deep. Incomplete pass. Lost us the game.

So we get rid of that ****ing dip ****, then we bring in Greg Knapp. Wow. His offense did not suit a single player on the team besides a couple receivers. The line wasn't suited for a zone scheme and McFadden wasn't suited for it either. Palmer is not a west coast quarterback. The front office and Dennis Allen are idiots for thinking that would work.

My point is, Carson didn't have a chance. He had no supporting cast. He's better off in Arizona with stability, a real receiver, and an upgraded line much better than ours.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast