Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Whassup Raider Nation!! 5 things on my mind

This is my first post here, but have posted on various Raider boards since 1995. Also, I have been a diehard since 1980. I eat, breath and sleep Raiders. Anyway, with the season upon us, here are 5 things that are on my mind:

- I am interested in this cat Sanford. Odd body for a DE at a Rod Coleman-esque 6'2", 280. Looks to have long, strong arms. Never seen him play; however, keep in mind the Seahawks- a team we would agree knows a little something about defensive players- traded a player they drafted in the 3rd round a year ago for him (the trade fell through only because John Moffitt failed the Brown's physical.) On top of that, it isn't like the Seahawks aren't already loaded along the defensive line after adding Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett in the off season and they also have Chris Clemmons (Who we should have kept!!) coming back from injury. So why Sanford? Hmmm....

- I love what Reggie is doing. Yeah, he's made some mistakes. The difference between him and Al (RIP) is that he is able to quickly recognize and admit that a mistake was made and take corrective action. How is this NOT a good thing? Maybe he should just stick to his moves and never re-evaluate them regardless of the success level. You know, keep a few James Jetts and Sam Williams' in his back pocket. Oh wait, fans would complain even harder if he did that.

- I am dying to see who else emerges from the WR ranks opposite Streeter. I am hoping it will be Bryce Butler based on what I have seen. But I have a feeling Andre Homles will find a home here. How bad have we needed a redzone threat?

- Pryor, Pryor Pryor!! Coming out of college, I was of the opinion that Pryor would be an all pro TE some day. However, so much has changed that has changed my opinion. He was drafted by the Raiders who are in desperate need of a QB, he worked his tail off and proved character was not an issue, he IMPROVED his passing with the help of the coaching staff and has overcome all odds by becoming the starter (apparently ). Also, the read option happened in the NFL, which I never imagined would. Right now, we ALL need to get behind this guy because he earned the start and because the team needs his play making ability. And keep in mind, this guy is a true freak, faster than ALL the other fast QBs in the league and bigger than all of them save for Newton by a bit.

- Let's be patient. I fully believe we will be a better team in the second half of the year when we get our bookend tackles in place!!

vCash
    welcome brother

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

vCash
    Welcome man. Great first post. I agree with almost everything.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    Very valid points most of the nation is behind Pryor some on this site wouldn't like Pryor if he was the next Tom Brady for whatever reasons welcome to the madness brother.
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash
    Welcome, man. Solid first post; it's realistic and optimistic.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong they consistently are.

-Stork

vCash
    Remember when we found Clemons? This could be that instance. Nice post and welcome.
    “You don’t adjust. You just dominate.”
    -Al Davis
    Reggie Please draft Aaron Donald.