Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

If I Could Guarantee Health......

How many yards do you think Cobb could rush for in a season and what would his average be?

vCash
    As a pure running back or in a smilar role like last year?

vCash
    I knew I should have added that.

PURELY as a RB.

And I'm not trying to debate his merits at RB vs WR. So I don't need any "it would be a waste." "He'd be better at WR"

There's a reason I'm asking. I'll explain after I see a few answers.

vCash
    I'm not sure he would be that good as the main back. He was as effective last season as he was because it was something different and surprising.
    He's a bit too small to run between the tackles. That could be really problematic. In a role like Sproles for the Saints or as a change a pace back Cobb good be really good though.

vCash
    He's not much smaller than CJ Spiller, just to play devil's advocate.

What if he played the lightning to Lacy's thunder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    He's not much smaller than CJ Spiller, just to play devil's advocate.

What if he played the lightning to Lacy's thunder.
    Is he and is Spiller? Didn't know that. But Spiller is pretty good player, one of the most elusive.

And that's what I meant. Great change of pace back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
    Is he and is Spiller? Didn't know that. But Spiller is pretty good player, one of the most elusive.

And that's what I meant. Great change of pace back.
    List like 8 lbs more and 1 inch taller for Spiller.

CJ is certainly faster and quicker and just all around a better runner. Just playing on the size thing.

Cobb rushed for 600 on about 100 attempts his 3rd year or something FWIW..in college.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    List like 8 lbs more and 1 inch taller for Spiller.

CJ is certainly faster and quicker and just all around a better runner. Just playing on the size thing.

Cobb rushed for 600 on about 100 attempts his 3rd year or something FWIW..in college.
    And he caught how many balls and threw how many TDs? Returned how many kicks and punts for TDs? And was the holder for how many kicks? lol
    He did everything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
    And he caught how many balls and threw how many TDs? Returned how many kicks and punts for TDs? And was the holder for how many kicks? lol
    He did everything.
    Beast.

vCash
    As a change of pace back i could see him having around 500 yards and a couple TD's.

vCash

vCash
    Lead back i think he could get maybe around 900 or so. Hard to say. I think his runs would look something like 1, 3, 2, 4, 6, 25, 8, 1, 3, 30 ect. I don't think he would have a great YPC but he would break off a couple of long runs, where the majority of his yards would come from. The thing i do like about him is that he would be one of those backs who would be hard to find when he is running behind his blockers.

vCash

I don't think he would make a very good lead back. He needs to be in space, outside the tackles. You can't sustain z run game if you don't have the threat of running inside. I think he would be below average and like Cheese said, would probably break the occasional long run. I'd say he'd hit around 700 yds and an YPC in the low 3's. not that I'm knocking on him, love him as a slot receiver

vCash
    Low 3s?

I have a hard time believing he'd be worse than Green.

It's not like McCarthy would run I dive every play. He'd run him outside and out of shot gun a ton.

I feel like you guys are pretending he puts Lacy's jersey on and they does everything he would do all year.

vCash

Just how I feel. I agree he'd be used in stretch plays and draws etc. but when that's all you've got, how's it going to work out? That's all Green was good for too, and although Cobb is more elusive than Green, I think it's been shown you can't be successful when that's your bread and butter. I think you need someone who can gain on the tough interior runs and I don't think Cobb could do it. There is too much speed in today's NFL to make a living on that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast