Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Yes, OKC should not have traded Harden, BUT...

Everyone needs to stop writing them off and remember that Jeremy Lamb is still on this team.

I have been on this site long enough to remember when people were calling James Harden a bust in his rookie season.

Hardens rookie stats:
    9.9/3/1.8 on 40% shooting in 23 minutes

Hardens summer league stats from his rookie season:
    14/3/3 on 48% shooting
    http://www.nba.com/summerleague2009/...tics/index.jsp

Jeremy Lamb also had a disappointing rookie year, primarily because he played for a contender who had plenty of guard options in Thabo Sefalosha and Kevin Martin.

If you look at his d-league stats, which obviously aren't a be all indicator, we see that he isn't a bad player, or even one without potential.

2012-2013 D-league stats
    20/5/2 on 49% shooting and 88% from the line.

Those are pretty strong stats, and the kid was born in 1992 and fits directly into OKC's consistent strategy. He's a floor spacer for Durant and Westbrook who doesn't need the ball to be effective. He has a high FT% as is the case with everyone on OKC so when the game is on the line, he is not a disadvantage.

Lamb is also the prototypical SG height (6' 5'') and weight (180 lbs), the same weight Tmac and kobe were when they entered the league. His long arms make him an active defender as well.

Then we have this years summer league stats for Lamb:
    19/4/3 on 40% shooting
    http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2013...ndo/index.html

Again, these are more indicative of his ability than his possible future success, but they still show his promise.

Even Harden's 2nd season stats were pretty below average/ordinary:
    12/3/2 on 43% shooting

Then you also have the forgotten man: Reggie Jackson. He played extremely well in the playoffs and was definitely not a reason for getting eliminated. His summer stats are also encouraging:

20/3/3 on 54% shooting

So as you can see, Lamb still has as much potential as any young player in the league. He has not had a chance to play in the NBA but he has succeeded at every level. If I remember correctly, he was a projected top 7 player who dropped in the draft because of work/dedication concerns. I'm sure those are no longer relevant considering Durant and Westy would not let that happen. Everyone on the team is known for working hard and improving (Westy, KD, Ibaka, even perkins who sucks still plays and works hard).

Was the trade a bad decision? Yes, but the jury is still out Lamb and he certainly has the potential to put up the same stats that Harden did (16/3/3 on 48% shooting). You forget that Harden was never going to be the guy he is not in OKC. We just didn't need it. Jackson can handle the ball in the 2nd unit, thereby, making Lamb a primary scorer. Again, we don't need Hardens playmaking with the growth of Jackson.

Even more so, Lamb could end up being an all star ala Rip Hamilton in his heyday. There is definitely still a wait an see on this trade.

vCash
    I think I saw one summer league game, I wasn't impressed. Lamb has hops and a decent first step, but his outside shooting is shaky as ever, and he doesn't have good ball handling or passing skills. The difference is Harden always had those things even coming into the league, and is way stronger. Lamb needs to bulk up while at the same time work on his shooting and play-making. That will be hard on a 2nd year player.

It also doesn't help that OKC doesn't have any prototypical PGs on the roster. Both Westbrook and Jackson are combo guards with play making ability, but neither will really be able to spoon feed Lamb easy buckets to help him get going.

I'm not saying he will always be a scrub or his ceiling is a role player, its just that Lamb is still some time away from being the 3rd option on a contender. I actually see Reggie Jackson stepping into that role way more than Lamb will next year. OKC traded a franchise player for a guy that may only be able to help you 2-3 years from now.

vCash
    I don't think having Lamb turn out to maybe be as good as Rip will make the trade OK. Rip was never the top shooting guard in the league. A lot of people already view Harden as the top SG in the league after only 1 season on his own. He's only going to get better too. Still a bad trade for OKC and one that could very well alter the course of their franchise. Just think if OKC ends up not winning a championship before Durant's contract ends and then he leaves. If they keep Harden I don't see why they don't make it out of the West again last year and potentially for years to come.

vCash
    There is no but in this scenario. They screwed up big time, no way to sugar coat that with a "but Lamb played well in the DL."

vCash
    Lamb is a 6th man at the very best. Harden may not have crazy athleticism or " hops" but he has a deadly first step and the most refined old man game in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    Lynch gets stronger as the season progresses and he makes love with the lights on. Lynch has been involved in 4 three ways.

vCash
    I still think that they could have and should have dealt Ibaka and Harden for Dwight and Westbrook and Green for CP3. Both teams would have done those deals at the time, maybe a pick would have needed to be added in, but having CP3, KD & D12 as a big 3 is better than what anybody else could put together unless it was LeBron, LeBron and LeBron.

vCash
    The problem is that they traded a top 3 SG for a rookie (and Kevin Martin, but he didn't stick around).

Yes, rookie contracts are a great deal financially, and Lamb has potential. But he doesn't have the potential to be a top 3 SG. In terms of productivity he's a couple of steps down. And max deal guys generally produce more than they can be paid for, because of the max salary (and no one really thinks Harden got overpaid at this point, right?) Given that you can only have 5 players on the floor at the same time, getting as many top players as you can is a good strategy (right, Miami?)

vCash
    u cant compare what Harden in early in his carrer to Lamb it doesnt work that way same goes for comparing Lambs body type to T-MAc and Kobe they dont automatically get built the same way nor do they have simil;ar frames to get bigger in the first place. Lamb is just going to be catch and shoot guy at best.

vCash
    Jeremy Lamb sucks.

?
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisLovechild View Post
    First Tier:
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Dez Bryant
    Demaryius Thomas
    Michael Crabtree

vCash
    They should've let him start and get the ball more it was there fault for making him into a 6th man, cause he can only do so much at the position
    Be $wavy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poleandreel View Post
    Everyone needs to stop writing them off and remember that Jeremy Lamb is still on this team.

I have been on this site long enough to remember when people were calling James Harden a bust in his rookie season.

Hardens rookie stats:
    9.9/3/1.8 on 40% shooting in 23 minutes

Hardens summer league stats from his rookie season:
    14/3/3 on 48% shooting
    http://www.nba.com/summerleague2009/...tics/index.jsp

Jeremy Lamb also had a disappointing rookie year, primarily because he played for a contender who had plenty of guard options in Thabo Sefalosha and Kevin Martin.

If you look at his d-league stats, which obviously aren't a be all indicator, we see that he isn't a bad player, or even one without potential.

2012-2013 D-league stats
    20/5/2 on 49% shooting and 88% from the line.

Those are pretty strong stats, and the kid was born in 1992 and fits directly into OKC's consistent strategy. He's a floor spacer for Durant and Westbrook who doesn't need the ball to be effective. He has a high FT% as is the case with everyone on OKC so when the game is on the line, he is not a disadvantage.

Lamb is also the prototypical SG height (6' 5'') and weight (180 lbs), the same weight Tmac and kobe were when they entered the league. His long arms make him an active defender as well.

Then we have this years summer league stats for Lamb:
    19/4/3 on 40% shooting

Again, these are more indicative of his ability than his possible future success, but they still show his promise.

Even Harden's 2nd season stats were pretty below average/ordinary:
    12/3/2 on 43% shooting

Then you also have the forgotten man: Reggie Jackson. He played extremely well in the playoffs and was definitely not a reason for getting eliminated. His summer stats are also encouraging:

20/3/3 on 54% shooting

So as you can see, Lamb still has as much potential as any young player in the league. He has not had a chance to play in the NBA but he has succeeded at every level. If I remember correctly, he was a projected top 7 player who dropped in the draft because of work/dedication concerns. I'm sure those are no longer relevant considering Durant and Westy would not let that happen. Everyone on the team is known for working hard and improving (Westy, KD, Ibaka, even perkins who sucks still plays and works hard).

Was the trade a bad decision? Yes, but the jury is still out Lamb and he certainly has the potential to put up the same stats that Harden did (16/3/3 on 48% shooting). You forget that Harden was never going to be the guy he is not in OKC. We just didn't need it. Jackson can handle the ball in the 2nd unit, thereby, making Lamb a primary scorer. Again, we don't need Hardens playmaking with the growth of Jackson.

Even more so, Lamb could end up being an all star ala Rip Hamilton in his heyday. There is definitely still a wait an see on this trade.
    Interesting points, however.

1) Does OKC really need scoring that bad with 2 of the Top 10 scorers in the league?
    2) Hardens biggest asset to the team was his ability to facilitate and create shots for others, not just his scoring, which Jeremy Lamb cannot do, or Kevin Martin(as was shown)
    3) I don't think anyone is writing them off as a good team, just not a championship team until someone learns how to play team basketball. Westy is a great scorer and defender but in order for them to take that next step he needs to become way more efficient and pick his spots better.
    4) The Clippers just hired Doc Rivers and with that roster, barring he can get his guys to buy in, watch out
    5) OKC still has no low post threat...you need balance to keep defenses honest and less pressure on your scorers.
    6) Their bench isn't that great, i'd like to see them add some veteran depth not just drafting rookies every year.

They won't be scrubs, but winning a championship, I do not see them going that far as-is. Right now they are built for the regular season, not the playoffs.
    Its the ******* Catalina Wine Mixer!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poleandreel View Post

1. You were on this site for 1 month during Harden's rookie year
    2. No one was saying that.

vCash
    so... OKC gave up on Harden and winning a championship now, so they could have Jeremy Lamb and hopefully he develops into a player in 2-3 years.

If I were OKC, I would have kept Harden and have a a legit shot at a title for 1 year and let him walk away for nothing.

vCash
    I have a feeling that Jeremy Lamb, Reggie Jackson, Perry Jones will all improve a lot and be the 3-headed beast off the bench. We won't have a #1 6man but we'll have 3 great ones

Jackson- 13ppg
    Lamb- 14.5ppg
    Jones-11ppg

vCash
    its to early to judge cuz okc got extra picks in next years draft which might be the biggest draft since lebron in about 2 years time we will be saying how smart okc when they rebuild while winning 55 + games but i would have kept harden and got rid of perkins but what ever either way they are good

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast