Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Eric Byrnes says he knows atleast one hall of famer that was on the juice...

http://www.baseballnation.com/2013/9...steroids-1970s

Disturbingly, not long ago I was having dinner with a former long time Major League player that spoke about the steroid use of a prominent Hall of Famer that played the majority of his career in the 70′s and 80′s… Ha! Not like I was shocked but damn… So many members of the Hall of Fame, including this character, have recently spoken out and condemned guys who have had ties to performance enhancing drugs, saying there is no place for "cheaters" in the HOF… I just wonder how many of the other guys in the "Hall" were actually cheaters themselves?

Depends on your definition of cheating… I can guarantee you just about all of them at one point either stole signs, doctored a baseball, used a corked bat or loaded up on some sort of amphetamine… Steroids, because of the adverse health effects, public perception and terrible message it sends to our youth about what it takes to succeed, has always been looked at differently, and I believe it should be.
    I wonder who it is.. 70's-80's hall of famer, who has spoke out against steroid use.

vCash
    Conseco said he knew someone who juiced got into the HOF the day after Rickey Henderson got in.

It's Rickey Henderson.

The whole thing with 70s and 80s is a red herring not to make it obvious (Henderson debuted in 79 and while he retired in 2003 his prime was the 80s)

1990 was by far his best season in the MLB and it just so happened to be his 2nd season back in Oakland playing with who else but Conseco and McGwire.

When the world finds out he took roids all these arguments about Bonds and Clemens being kept out will be bunk. Then what? Do we kick Henderson out? What kind of precedent does that set? People will petition for Cobb to be kicked out and all sorts of other crap.

This is all a total mess and eventually the fans will just recognize it for what it was- it's own era, the steroid era. It's still alive and well and may even evolve into being accepted, and used league wide, once again.

vCash
    Carlton Fisk.
    Better than productive catcher well into his forties

vCash
    Canseco said it too, and he sounded like he was referring to Henderson.

Byrnes never did play with Rickey of course. In fact, he's never played with a hall of fame.

vCash
    Nolan Ryan

1 MORE PUPIL!

vCash
    Barry Bonds steroids or not, one of the best baseball players ever. Every era has a PED of some sort, even dating back to Babe, this is all crap, Roger and Barry both deserve to be im the HOF

vCash
    I agree, Rickey Henderson.

vCash
    Good for him.

vCash
    There are so many of those 70's-80's guys who will get away with it. Is there any reason why I shouldn't suspect Nolan Ryan besides the whole steroid thing being incredibly stupid?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Is there any reason why I shouldn't suspect Nolan Ryan besides the whole steroid thing being incredibly stupid?
    He might punch you?

vCash
    mickey mantle

that jerkoff took every drug u could think of and 10 more

a few steroids probably got mixed in there with the coke

vCash
    Willie Mays admitted to greenies IIRC. Everyone did them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HansumJay View Post
    Nolan Ryan
    You shut your whore mouth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    No, but seriously. Ryan took his training seriously like every other great player we tear down for this nonsense, and the guy training him (Tom House) is an old school guy who has been completely upfront about steroid usage in baseball.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...ds-house_x.htm

There's plenty of others to imagine doing it...like House said, nobody was really paying attention to this stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    Conseco said he knew someone who juiced got into the HOF the day after Rickey Henderson got in.

It's Rickey Henderson.

The whole thing with 70s and 80s is a red herring not to make it obvious (Henderson debuted in 79 and while he retired in 2003 his prime was the 80s)

1990 was by far his best season in the MLB and it just so happened to be his 2nd season back in Oakland playing with who else but Conseco and McGwire.

When the world finds out he took roids all these arguments about Bonds and Clemens being kept out will be bunk. Then what? Do we kick Henderson out? What kind of precedent does that set? People will petition for Cobb to be kicked out and all sorts of other crap.

This is all a total mess and eventually the fans will just recognize it for what it was- it's own era, the steroid era. It's still alive and well and may even evolve into being accepted, and used league wide, once again.
    That could just be a coincidence considering that steroids are a hot button issue and the day after someone asked the self proclaimed expert of the era. So he said yes. Hell it could have been a lie so people would continue to pay attention to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I agree i don't tolerate anyone defacing the angels great.

LOL awesome line btw.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast